Did you get tickets?

LedRush

I had fifth row for S&A tour Concord CA in 2007. At the time I thought I was spending high at 250.00 a ticket. How times have changed. I sat upper level two shows last tour which was ok but I want to sit close for this one. Nothing on the first pre-sale but this is a marathon, not a sprint----------------unless of course you were lucky, I was not.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Concord/Rush07Concord016.jpg

• Like 1

Seems to me everyone is thinking the concert is tomorrow. There's plenty of time and my suggestion is, look for the smallest venue near you, drive to that venue at show day and buy your ticket just outside. Enjoy and have fun. It's a :rush:

You take a real chance doing that, especially if the nearest venue is hours away.

Haha, I traveled far over 10,000 kilometers, one way, without tickets, more than once and it was always

Über-ace.

I wouldn't have done that. :LOL:

Why not? I saw nine Rush shows that way and ended up front one time.

Typing that makes me feel, I wanna live it all again. :cool:

• Like 2

I had fifth row for S&A tour Concord CA in 2007. At the time I thought I was spending high at 250.00 a ticket. How times have changed. I sat upper level two shows last tour which was ok but I want to sit close for this one. Nothing on the first pre-sale but this is a marathon, not a sprint----------------unless of course you were lucky, I was not.

Were you Geddy or Alex of center? I was in the 2nd row right in front of Geddy for that very show! It was one of the very top rock show experiences of my life! I won't be at the S.J. show this year...hope you land that great seat, though! Rock ON!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20San%20Jose/IMG_3212.jpg

Goose, tell me if I have this straight in my mind.

The prime concert tickets are gone even before presale starts. So a fan is hoping to get quality seats, but they were already scarfed up by that Stub place and other independent scalpers.

Rush has to know this is going on. Why hasn't it ever been stopped? Unless....unless....unless....someone is getting a major kickback from the sale of these grossly overpriced tickets.

Nobody puts a stop to it because there's a lot of tickets being sold this way. This means bunch of money in the promoter/bands pocket right from the start. Ticketmaster/Live Nation are too big for a band like Rush to take on in court or whatever. Sure, they could try but Ticketmaster is the largest seller of tickets in the US and Live Nation is the biggest promoter. They have contracts with many of major arenas/amphitheaters across the country. If someone stood up to them they run the risk of not being able to play shows for a longtime if ever again if things don't go the their way. It's better to just accept that this is how tickets are sold now and Rush is still able to play shows then risk taking on the big machine and not being able to play any. I'm not a fan of it either but it is what it is.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Seems to me everyone is thinking the concert is tomorrow. There's plenty of time and my suggestion is, look for the smallest venue near you, drive to that venue at show day and buy your ticket just outside. Enjoy and have fun. It's a :rush:

You take a real chance doing that, especially if the nearest venue is hours away.

Haha, I traveled far over 10,000 kilometers, one way, without tickets, more than once and it was always

Über-ace.

I wouldn't have done that. :LOL:

Why not? I saw nine Rush shows that way and ended up front one time.

Typing that makes me feel, I wanna live it all again. :cool:

I guess because you never know who you're giving your money to if you buy something on the street.

Were you Geddy or Alex of center? I was in the 2nd row right in front of Geddy for that very show! It was one of the very top rock show experiences of my life! I won't be at the S.J. show this year...hope you land that great seat, though! Rock ON!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20San%20Jose/IMG_3212.jpg

I was about dead center. I was standing by the barrier on Geddy's side for a minute during opening song cause staff was getting new ear plugs for my son. It was his first big show and he needed them lol. Thanks for the good wishes. I will be there wilth a good seat, even if it kills my wallet lol. This will be a good year. I am going with my boy's to see Tommy Emmanuel next month.

Edited by calirush

This may be tue but,

A person who decides to go has to know that and be prepared for it. Have a back up plan and include doing some thing else if they miss out getting a ticket.

Edited by troutman

This may be tue but,

A person who decides to go has to know that and be prepared for it. Have a back up plan and include doing some thing else if they miss out getting a ticket.

• Like 2

Anyone remember when one actually had to stand in a line to buy a ticket after camping out all night :codger: waiting for the box

office to open? It was a satisfying challenge - this online ticket shuffle is bullsh8!

• Like 6

Anyone remember when one actually had to stand in a line to buy a ticket after camping out all night :codger: waiting for the box

office to open? It was a satisfying challenge - this online ticket shuffle is bullsh8!

The good old days!! :codger: :D

• Like 1

That is how I always got my best tickets. I had a great place to go and the person really knew how to run the terminal. Scored 1st row a few times there.

That wasn't all rainbows and butterflies either. I recall peering through the windows as employees printed stacks of tickets for their buds before letting us peons into the store.

I griped about it once and they claimed they had to "test the ticket printer" before opening the doors. Uh huh.

Someone always has a leg up.

I remember lining up over night, being 3rd in line and getting nosebleeds. Those days were even more corrupt than now for ticket sales!

We never once,

Had any type of problems like that back then. But then again, maybe it had some thing to do with what town/city you were in.

Goose, tell me if I have this straight in my mind.

The prime concert tickets are gone even before presale starts. So a fan is hoping to get quality seats, but they were already scarfed up by that Stub place and other independent scalpers.

Rush has to know this is going on. Why hasn't it ever been stopped? Unless....unless....unless....someone is getting a major kickback from the sale of these grossly overpriced tickets.

Nobody puts a stop to it because there's a lot of tickets being sold this way. This means bunch of money in the promoter/bands pocket right from the start. Ticketmaster/Live Nation are too big for a band like Rush to take on in court or whatever. Sure, they could try but Ticketmaster is the largest seller of tickets in the US and Live Nation is the biggest promoter. They have contracts with many of major arenas/amphitheaters across the country. If someone stood up to them they run the risk of not being able to play shows for a longtime if ever again if things don't go the their way. It's better to just accept that this is how tickets are sold now and Rush is still able to play shows then risk taking on the big machine and not being able to play any. I'm not a fan of it either but it is what it is.

Well, then, Neil should be railing against the evil and corrupt system he is part of instead of Christians and give us all a break.

• Like 2

It's better to just accept that this is how tickets are sold now and Rush is still able to play shows then risk taking on the big machine and not being able to play any. I'm not a fan of it either but it is what it is.

It is this mentality that keeps corrupt companies like Ticketmaster in power.

All that is necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing. (Edmund Burke)

• Like 1

I had tickets in Chicago, Geddy side, first upper section, lost those. Now I'm Alex side in the cheaper seats. I guess my wallet is grateful but something is very screwy with the ticket sales this time around.

I know that the comedian Louis CK was able to pretty successfully take on Ticketmaster by first having a tour where he sold tickets directly to fans, and left Ticketmaster out of it entirely. This time, they are involved but apparently agreed to do his ticketing without all the extra fees, I'm guessing because they didn't want to be left out again. So, if there's a will, there's a way.

It's better to just accept that this is how tickets are sold now and Rush is still able to play shows then risk taking on the big machine and not being able to play any. I'm not a fan of it either but it is what it is.

All that is necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Or could it be,

People who are willing to pay for the tickets? If the demand is there then thats what drives this so called corruption. ;)

burke was definitely talking about the struggle of upper-middle class americans to get rush tickets within the first 10 rows. definitely.

• Like 4