Start petitions to get them to play [your city]!

zappafrank

Joking - sort of - but much of the talk (not just here, but also in FB comments, for example) is utter surprise at so many major markets being skipped, especially with the initial implication that this is the only leg of the tour.

With so many places being inexplicably overlooked, it just made me think of the all of the talk in the old Visions book by the author of clamoring to get petitions signed for the band to come to various cities. He actually spends some decent time talking about the efforts, so hey, it's obviously something that's been set as a precedent.

What I find odd are the two major breaks in the touring schedule (beginning of June and end of June/beginning of July). We're talking at least 8 days (8 in one case, a full week and half in another). Usually the boys take 2, maybe 3 or 4 days off during a tour, but these breaks in the 2015 schedule are pretty significant, in addition to the usual 2 or so days off here and there. I find it hard to believe these extended break are there for simple downtime and recharging, especially given the relatively short nature of the trek.

I don't think, for whatever reason, there is much of a market for them in my city. The last time they were here was either in the very late seventies or very early eighties. Don't ask me why. It just goes along with everything else in this city. Unexplainable.

Why oh why oh why did I ever move from the east coast???????

Didn't they take a week or so off in the middle of the first leg of the last tour? I seem to remember something like that. Don't forget, even though Neil is an old man, he does have an little kid at home. So, these couple of extended breaks may just be so he can go home and spend time with his daughter and for the band to recharge, they are old men after all ;)
  • Like 1

I don't think, for whatever reason, there is much of a market for them in my city. The last time they were here was either in the very late seventies or very early eighties. Don't ask me why. It just goes along with everything else in this city. Unexplainable.

Where do you live now?

Where do you live now?

Spokane area, and it isn't possible for me to travel to either Portland or Seattle.

Didn't they take a week or so off in the middle of the first leg of the last tour? I seem to remember something like that. Don't forget, even though Neil is an old man, he does have an little kid at home. So, these couple of extended breaks may just be so he can go home and spend time with his daughter and for the band to recharge, they are old men after all ;)

They are. The three old geezers. :geddy: :Alex: :Neil:

Seems pretty in-line with what they've done the past couple of tours...three weeks on, 10 or so days off...three weeks on, 10 or so days off. I remember on the CA tour, my first of three shows was Bridgeport, CT, which was the first show after one of those 10-day breaks...and Geddy sounded FANTASTIC. I was thrilled to see that my first of hopefully three shows on this upcoming tour (Columbus) is the first one after one of those breaks. Can't wait!!!

Where do you live now?

Spokane area, and it isn't possible for me to travel to either Portland or Seattle.

Spokane is definitely a secondary market. If a band is playing anywhere up there Seattle and Portland are the places they'll hit. Where I live in Buffalo is considered a secondary market to. We've had a history of missing out a good concerts to. Including Rush not playing here on the Time Machine tour. The city is having a resurgence the last few years when it comes to getting major shows here but I know what a crappy feeling it is to look at the tour itinerary of a band you really want to see only to find out the closest place they're playing is several hundred miles away.

• Like 1

Where do you live now?

Spokane is definitely a secondary market. If a band is playing anywhere up there Seattle and Portland are the places they'll hit. Where I live in Buffalo is considered a secondary market to. We've had a history of missing out a good concerts to. Including Rush not playing here on the Time Machine tour. The city is having a resurgence the last few years when it comes to getting major shows here but I know what a crappy feeling it is to look at the tour itinerary of a band you really want to see only to find out the closest place they're playing is several hundred miles away.

Thanks, J2 :hug2: . The funny thing is that Spokane is really convinced it's this major happening city. Only thing is that nothing is ever happening here. :banghead:

Edit: oops. Didn't bother to read further.

Edited by Disk98

Edit: oops. Didn't bother to read further.

Alrightie