Do you consider Jeff Jones a member of Rush?

fraroc

I really do not consider him a true member of Rush. The guy was in the band for ONE MONTH in 1968. From August to September. After that, it was Geddy Lee from then to 2015. On the other hand, I DO consider John Rutsey to be a former member of the band due to the fact that he played on the first album and toured with them in support of said album.

The only Jeff Jones I've heard of is Jeffrey Jones

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Jeffrey_Jones_plays_Edward_R._Rooney_in_Ferris_Bueller%27s_Day_Off.jpg

I consider him a member of Red Rider, which I still consider better than solo Tom C

Double post :/

Pete Best isn't a member of the Beatles either btw.. But I like them better than solo Paul M ;)

Edited by MMCXII

Triple post wow I'm lame Edited by MMCXII

Do you consider John Rutsey a member of Rush?

Or, along those lines, do you consider Jonathan Silver a member of Genesis? Or Peter Banks a member of Yes?

As I said before, John Rutsey played on an album and a tour supporting that album. It makes him a former member. But to me, Rush officially started when Geddy Lee joined the band in September of 1968.

He's certainly not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Rush. Kinda hard not to consider him a past member though...since he was and all

Do you consider John Rutsey a member of Rush?

Or, along those lines, do you consider Jonathan Silver a member of Genesis? Or Peter Banks a member of Yes?

As I said before, John Rutsey played on an album and a tour supporting that album. It makes him a former member. But to me, Rush officially started when Geddy Lee joined the band in September of 1968.

Rutsey played on an album but Neil played on the tour supporting it. I think Rutsey was gone even before Rush got discovered. Just sayin..

Edited by MMCXII

I feel like the only reason why Wikipedia and a few other people view him as a member of Rush is because of the fact that his band Red Rider gained a small amount of success in the AOR market in the 70s and 80s.

He's actually a pretty decent bassist and singer, but I'm gonna be honest, Ged SMOKES him.

I feel like the only reason why Wikipedia and a few other people view him as a member of Rush is because of the fact that his band Red Rider gained a small amount of success in the AOR market in the 70s and 80s.

He's actually a pretty decent bassist and singer, but I'm gonna be honest, Ged SMOKES him.

I think people view him as a member of Rush because he was a member of Rush :LOL:
  • Like 2

Wikipedia has him listed because Wikipedia has rules regarding information which comes from reliable sources. Because many reliable sources (like books and interviews with the Geddy and Alex) repeatedly refer to him as a former member, Wikipedia has to as well.

Then again, Wikipedia's main Rush page doesn't mention the other people who played in Rush for one-off gigs and stuff in their VERY early days. Like Linda Young who played keyboards and rhythm guitar for a short while or Gerry Felding who was the drummer that replaced John Rutsey for short while who ended up ultimately getting replaced by Neil.

Yet Jeff Jones gets credit as a member of Rush, I still personally believe it's because he was in a somewhat successful band afterwards.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1