Any info on autographed lithographs??

AstrosJake

I got this autographed Snakes & Arrows lithograph for Christmas! It came with a COA from SRO/Anthem Records stating that it is legitimate. But what strikes me as weird is that the COA is a 1. a print-out and 2. not hand-signed. My dad bought it off eBay back in November. Supposedly the lithograph was given by Anthem Records to someone named Jeff Burrows to sell as a charity auction towards the St. Clair's Foundation in Windsor, Ontario.

There's very little information out there on these lithographs, and I cannot really find many other autographed ones. The only other signed lithos I can find were also sold on eBay by the same seller.

I emailed SRO/Anthem to see if they can verify its authenticity. The autographs definitely look real, I guess I'm just being paranoid because of the COA. I collect sports memorabilia, and I've never received a COA like this one.

Anyone know anything about these?? Thank you!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/bSQAAOSwYshUZUFL/$_57.JPG

I got this autographed Snakes & Arrows lithograph for Christmas! It came with a COA from SRO/Anthem Records stating that it is legitimate. But what strikes me as weird is that the COA is a 1. a print-out and 2. not hand-signed. My dad bought it off eBay back in November. Supposedly the lithograph was given by Anthem Records to someone named Jeff Burrows to sell as a charity auction towards the St. Clair's Foundation in Windsor, Ontario.

There's very little information out there on these lithographs, and I cannot really find many other autographed ones. The only other signed lithos I can find were also sold on eBay by the same seller.

I emailed SRO/Anthem to see if they can verify its authenticity. The autographs definitely look real, I guess I'm just being paranoid because of the COA. I collect sports memorabilia, and I've never received a COA like this one.

LOOKS legit, but it can't hurt to contact Anthem for verification to be sure. That's what I would do. About 90 percent of Rush autographs that I've seen on ebay are fakes COAs ot not. Those certificates are easy to make up and most of the time you still can't track where they came from.

I'm no expert so don't just take my word, but the story seems legit to me too. But if I were you, I'd check it out anyway.

Oh...and I have one of those myself but it isn't numbered or signed. Actually, I don't think I even got the litho....just the poster that came with the CD.

Yeah you're doing the right thing. Contacting Anthem is the best way to find out for sure. I agree the signatures look authentic.

LOOKS legit, but it can't hurt to contact Anthem for verification to be sure. That's what I would do. About 90 percent of Rush autographs that I've seen on ebay are fakes COAs ot not. Those certificates are easy to make up and most of the time you still can't track where they came from.

I'm no expert so don't just take my word, but the story seems legit to me too. But if I were you, I'd check it out anyway.

Oh...and I have one of those myself but it isn't numbered or signed. Actually, I don't think I even got the litho....just the poster that came with the CD.

It isn't a poster, it's on lithograph paper and it's meant to be framed. I've seen a handful of other lithos like this that are also numbered /500, some from S&A, Feedback, and 2112.

Hopefully Anthem responds, I'll post on here what they say

• Like 1

It isn't a poster, it's on lithograph paper and it's meant to be framed. I've seen a handful of other lithos like this that are also numbered /500, some from S&A, Feedback, and 2112.

Hopefully Anthem responds, I'll post on here what they say

I know. I never bothered to buy the numbered litho (Didn't like that particular art enough.) but I have a poster that is similar.

I'm curious to hear what they have to say too.

Anthem records never responded. I resent the email a couple nights ago and also messaged the seller on eBay.

It's really weird. The COA is a photo copy of another one that was sent out with another autographed litho that the seller had.

Any ideas of what to do? My parents already spent $400 on the poster and $200 to frame it, so I'd feel bad even bringing this up to them. But I'm legitimately worried.

Those look just like the 2 I have

I tried to find my photo's of the ones that I own,

Power Windows w/ actual signature's

2112 w/ actual signature's

but I recently moved & can't find picture's & lithographs are tucked away

Only a limited amount had a "Live" signature

Most were copied/reproduced

Mine came with COA & photo's of them signing my Lithograph

Bought them about 20 years ago from an art gallery that was distributing them, $500.00 for both

Framed them & hung proud in my " :rush: " room.

By this summer I will have yet another " :rush: " room / garage / work shop. :7up:

I was worried because the COA is a piece of crap. There would be no way to tell if it was faked. The guy made a photo-copy of his other COA and assigned it to this one.

Anyways, Anthem responded. Of course it is legit, and he's sending me a more formal COA.

• Like 1

I was worried because the COA is a piece of crap. There would be no way to tell if it was faked. The guy made a photo-copy of his other COA and assigned it to this one.

Anyways, Anthem responded. Of course it is legit, and he's sending me a more formal COA.

Looks legit, maybe someone else on here has 1 just like it.

Post the picture of the both the NEW and old - COA.

Edited by Disembodied Spirit

That's an awesome thing for them to do. In most cases those certificates don't mean a thing unless they come from a trusted source which Anthem obviously is....They'd probably be the only ones I would trust for those certificates.

i can't figure out how to post a picture that's not from the internet, but the new one is the same style as the old one, a print-out, but it's 1. in color 2. hand-signed instead of the signature being printed on, 3. there's an SRO-Anthem stamp that he put on as well and 4. it includes the numbering of my litho in the COA

it doesn't look fancy or anything, but it looks a lot better than the other one

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't see this earlier because I could have helped ease your nerves a bit.

Jeff Burrows is the drummer from The Tea Party (an Anthem band) and is good friends with the RUSH fellows.

I've run into Jeff at several shows over the years.

Since the auction in question was in his name for charity I am 100% certain the item in question is legit (as Anthem confirmed for you).

Edited by Snaked

Sorry I didn't see this earlier because I could have helped ease your nerves a bit.

Jeff Burrows is the drummer from The Tea Party (an Anthem band) and is good friends with the RUSH fellows.

I've run into Jeff at several shows over the years.

Since the auction in question was in his name for charity I am 100% certain the item in question is legit (as Anthem confirmed for you).

ok that makes a lot more sense then. Thanks!!

i can't figure out how to post a picture that's not from the internet, but the new one is the same style as the old one, a print-out, but it's 1. in color 2. hand-signed instead of the signature being printed on, 3. there's an SRO-Anthem stamp that he put on as well and 4. it includes the numbering of my litho in the COA

it doesn't look fancy or anything, but it looks a lot better than the other one

Can't get much more official than that.