American Sniper

Del_Duio

I know somebody who has access to the DVDs they pass out for the Academy Award votes and just saw this movie last night. I knew nothing about the movie going into this aside from what the commercials have shown.

This is a GREAT movie- really powerful. Best of all, it has Eastwood's "feel" throughout.

The battle scenes are especially well-done and realistic.

And you'll forget that 'The Legend' is Phil from The Hangover in about 3 minutes, he does a really good job getting into his role.

P.S: If anybody spoils the ending of this for you, punch them in the face.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 2

Once it's released I'd like to discuss it further.

One word of warning: There's a scene in it that is extremely difficult to watch. For me it was at least.

You'll know it when you see it. Don't bring the kids.

Edited by Del_Duio

Kinda hard not to have it spoiled if you're at all familiar with Chris Kyle. The ending was all over the news when it happened.

I didn't even know who he was to be honest. I was driving to work one day and, while listening to sports radio of all things, during an interview with Tom Brady who saw an advanced screening of the movie one of the hosts blurts out the ending out of nowhere. I had no idea he was going to do that and was so f*ckin' pissed the whole morning haha.

Kinda hard not to have it spoiled if you're at all familiar with Chris Kyle. The ending was all over the news when it happened.

Almost two years ago. ~ :rose: :rose:

I didn't even know who he was to be honest. I was driving to work one day and, while listening to sports radio of all things, during an interview with Tom Brady who saw an advanced screening of the movie one of the hosts blurts out the ending out of nowhere. I had no idea he was going to do that and was so f*ckin' pissed the whole morning haha.

I think they figured he was well known enough that you could spoil the ending since it was historical rather than fictional. But everyone I saw it with didn't know of Chris Kyle so it surprised them too.

My daughter saw it and was impressed. She described it as powerful. Not the kind of film I go to the movies for.

I am surprised that I really, really want to see it, because I don't see a lot of things like this in the theater, either. I'm very interested in it, though.

I'll probably just wait it out a few months; it'll be available on demand soon enough.

I haven't watched the movie, but I already know what happens.....The whole circumstances surrounding what happened to Chris Kyle two years ago is a complete travesty. It didn't have to happen. If only we knew how to treat PTSD better....Hell, war in of itself is a tragedy. I'd hate to shamelessly plug Rush into this, but Between the Wheels really comes to mind when I think of this...

"Another war

Another wasteland

And another lost generation"

Went to the theater to see this movie last night.

f***ing phenomenal.

I've seen a lot of movies in theaters. NEVER in all of those shows do i recall a more silent crowd leaving after the movies' end. never. usually there's applause, talking. you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet.

quite a moving film.

• Like 2

Went to the theater to see this movie last night.

f***ing phenomenal.

I've seen a lot of movies in theaters. NEVER in all of those shows do i recall a more silent crowd leaving after the movies' end. never. usually there's applause, talking. you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet.

quite a moving film.

Add me to the list... my wife and I finally went to see it this weekend. The theater was silent. My wife and I knew the story... the credits being rolled in complete silence was very spooky, and appropriate.

Does anyone know why they didn't mention Littlefield at all when Kyle went to the range? I figured either Eastwood did it purposefully to keep the focus on Kyle, or the family didn't allow his name to be used in the movie.

• Like 1