Neil torn about touring

dtpoet

IMO, there's more to being a performing musician than just the ability to play your instrument well. You also need to get on with the fascination. You need to put on a performance for your audience that lets them know they're hard-earned patronage is appreciated.

Neil fails miserably at this, IMO.

Oh, aaaaaabsolutely.

Where is the f***ing PIZZAZZ, Neil???

I saw them front row center last tour.

What a snoozer.

Even with all the mind blowing physicality, the intesity and focus, the newly improvised portions of the three drum solos he performed - I couldn't help but feel that my hard-earned patronage wasn't being appreciated by Neil Peart.

I want jazz hands,

I want smiles,

I want sparkles,

I want glimmers of childlike wonderment in his eyes as if every performance was a re-birth.

or he could just bring back the tail.

;)

Please stay home, Neil. I've been wanting to see a different drummer take your spot in the tours for years.

That's not an option. It's a choice of Neil or nothing. Perhaps you'd like to choose nothing, but I see nothing so bad in his performances that makes me even approach this feeling. Only Geddy's voice moves the needle for me, and even that isn't a close call for me.

He's an extremely skilled drummer, but I find his performance lacking.

Yup, and, as I said, I see nothing so bad in his performances that makes me even approach your feeling of wanting him to stay home.

Well, they've been leaving their families behind for decades now. Why does it disturb him now? And how about all of his extended trips he takes with his friends? How is touring any different? He is gone a couple of weeks, and gets to go back home for ten days.

Somebody probably adresses this before I'm too lazy to read all pages. Sorry if that's the case :)

But you have to keep in mind what Neil's been through. He now has a chance to "relive" that time of being a father and I would like to think he cherishes every moment he can get. I think it has disturbed all three member of Rush being away from their families but with age they're probably more likely to be vocal about it.

Someone asked Geddy about that and he said he had no real regrets. I don't know about Alex.

If Neil wants to sit home with his family, then that is what he should do.

I think Alex has stated before that he screwed up as a father with his oldest kid, Justin. But he was a very, very young father when he got Charlene pregnant. Their long-lasting marriage is admirable, considering the stresses at the beginning of it. Charlene must be one tough pistola.

Especially as Alex trashed Charlene and tried to hook up with a random single mother in a documentary.

Well, they've been leaving their families behind for decades now. Why does it disturb him now? And how about all of his extended trips he takes with his friends? How is touring any different? He is gone a couple of weeks, and gets to go back home for ten days.

Somebody probably adresses this before I'm too lazy to read all pages. Sorry if that's the case :)

But you have to keep in mind what Neil's been through. He now has a chance to "relive" that time of being a father and I would like to think he cherishes every moment he can get. I think it has disturbed all three member of Rush being away from their families but with age they're probably more likely to be vocal about it.

Someone asked Geddy about that and he said he had no real regrets. I don't know about Alex.

I think Alex has stated before that he screwed up as a father with his oldest kid, Justin. But he was a very, very young father when he got Charlene pregnant. Their long-lasting marriage is admirable, considering the stresses at the beginning of it. Charlene must be one tough pistola.

Especially as Alex trashed Charlene and tried to hook up with a random single mother in a documentary.

What documentary was this?

Come on Children, pieces of which you saw in BTLS. In his defense, he was 17 at the time.

Come on Children, pieces of which you saw in BTLS. In his defense, he was 17 at the time.

Is that video (Come on Children) available?

I think most of it is up on YouTube, but in short parts.

A bit of a precursor to MTV's The Real World.

• Like 1

A bit of a precursor to MTV's The Real World.

Yeah only complaint I have is that it's too short. I wish we had more of Alex.

Well, I'm sure they will do their routine of a few shows, then a few days off, so he will have a chance to see his kid during the tour.

If he were willing to give up the motorcycling part of the tour, he could actually fly home when there are 3 days between gigs, as there often are. I know how he likes to do things on his own terms, but if he wants to tour and be with his family, there is a way. He just has to choose it.

It's pretty ironic that it's Geddy and Alex's band yet Neil runs the company. I understand that Neil wants to be with his family so find another fuckingg drummer!

Simon Phillips could do it. Why not hire the biggest whore of them all? MiKE POR "ANNOY!"

The drummer from FOO FIGHTERS can do it!!!

C'mon people....you know a tour will happen. Don't care what Neil says. You think they will go out without a farewell tour of some sort with a TON of money to be made? No way. Just announce it as a farewell tour and watch the record crowds. Book it!

Yeah... and after the farewell tour you can always come back as often as you want. Just ask The Who.

Ask a lot of bands on that one! Didn't the Eagles and Kiss do that as well?

They could sign a contract like Motley Crue did. Saying they won't perform again.

C'mon people....you know a tour will happen. Don't care what Neil says. You think they will go out without a farewell tour of some sort with a TON of money to be made? No way. Just announce it as a farewell tour and watch the record crowds. Book it!

Yeah... and after the farewell tour you can always come back as often as you want. Just ask The Who.

They could sign a contract like Motley Crue did. Saying they won't perform again.

They could just sign Tommy Lee to play on the upcoming tour. He had a big black bell on his kit back in the day.

They could just sign Tommy Lee to play on the upcoming tour. He had a big black bell on his kit back in the day.

He was great in Men In Black!
  • Like 1

He was great in Men In Black!

Hahaha! You son of a gun! You got me!

I had to think about that one!

Well, I'm sure they will do their routine of a few shows, then a few days off, so he will have a chance to see his kid during the tour.

If he were willing to give up the motorcycling part of the tour, he could actually fly home when there are 3 days between gigs, as there often are. I know how he likes to do things on his own terms, but if he wants to tour and be with his family, there is a way. He just has to choose it.

It's pretty ironic that it's Geddy and Alex's band yet Neil runs the company. I understand that Neil wants to be with his family so find another fuckingg drummer!

Simon Phillips could do it. Why not hire the biggest whore of them all? MiKE POR "ANNOY!"

If this were to happen, I would never go to a Rush concert again. It isn't the same without Neil.

• Like 2

If this were to happen, I would never go to a Rush concert again. It isn't the same without Neil.

I hear ya! I'm just having some fun! Perhaps Dave Weckl could be the next Rush drummer. That's a Rush Forum inside joke. Not sure if many on here still get it.

• Like 1

I hear Neil in an interview around the time Rush in Rio came out where he stated at one point in time he thought he was done touring in 1989. I think he's been torn about it for some time now.

Honestly, if I were him and had a young daughter, I sure as hell wouldn't be during anymore.

• Like 1

LOL dude, wtf are you smoking and can I have some?

• Like 2

LOL dude, wtf are you smoking and can I have some?

Hahaha! I'm smoking some serious crack rock man! Made up in the hills of Humboldt California!

Time for some "Space Boogie" by Jeff Beck! Simon Philips baby! He can play in any band!

Time to smoke another bowl before bed!

Cheers!!!

Terry Bozzio could play in Rush! I would go!

• Like 1

another tour and two albums would be cool though (just in case he sees this..) how bout it Neil.. Do me a solid bro.? ;)

"Do me a solid bro?" It sounds like you're asking him to take a shit.

another tour and two albums would be cool though (just in case he sees this..) how bout it Neil.. Do me a solid bro.? ;)

"Do me a solid bro?" It sounds like you're asking him to take a shit.

:hi: Pags,

Hope you and your family are doing well! :cheers:

• Like 1