I'm Stoked!!!

Narps

I don't really expect much run on this thread I just wanted to shout from the mountaintops that I am back in the vinyl listening business again. The last time I listened to vinyl must have been 30 years ago I would say. I have kept all my mostly 70's vinyl for just an occasion such as this.

I have my original late 70's Technics turntable and my late 70's Onkyo receiver setup. I got some gift cards for Christmas and went and got 2 Klipsch bookshelf type speakers and they sound great to me. They seemed the best quality and sound for the limited funds I could spend. My son and I set it all up yesterday. The imperfect perfection of vinyl, oh how I missed it!!

I have an extra room off the living room all set up as a comfy listening area. I may bring the laptop in there to as I really need to relax and get away from the television news for a while and listen to music, post on the forum and possibly even read some.

Thanks to many here for the push to this moment. Without your encouragement I probably never would have done this.... :cheers: and thanks again.

Below are a few pics of my listening,lounge space....

http://s9.postimg.org/agc9td0rj/20150103_095303.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/nbl02ujsb/20150103_094957.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/p94ibsirf/20150103_095053.jpg

• Like 11

Looks nice Narpski. I've never heard vinyl :( but I really want to. Looks like a nice pile of albums you've got there :D .

Never heard vinyl? You kidding right? :o

Looks nice Narpski. I've never heard vinyl :( but I really want to. Looks like a nice pile of albums you've got there :D .

Never heard vinyl? You kidding right? :o

:no: :(

Damn you are missing something.. some albums are better on vinyl and sounds amazing! :o and it´s such a nice feeling to sit and listen to a vinyl on a cold evening, listen to vinyl and do nothing else!

• Like 1

Awesome... now you can finally listen to Vapor Trails Remixed on vinyl!

My daughter gave it to me for Christmas. It was mostly for sentimental reasons as I took her to the Vapor Trails show when she we 17 and we had a special bonding moment then. I didn't have the heart to tell her how much I disliked the album. I will try to listen to it one of these days....
  • Like 3

My daughter gave it to me for Christmas. It was mostly for sentimental reasons as I took her to the Vapor Trails show when she we 17 and we had a special bonding moment then. I didn't have the heart to tell her how much I disliked the album. I will try to listen to it one of these days....

Narps we're a team......i swear if you like the VT vinyl i..........just don't lol.

Mick

Narps we're a team......i swear if you like the VT vinyl i..........just don't lol.

Mick

I can't imagine it magically sounding wonderful and not all distorted. Probably not much to worry about on this front. I plan on framing it and hanging it on the wall along with my first two albums ever bought (seen in the pics I posted). I may leave the actual vinyl in the album when I frame Vapor Trails and hang it. I will listen once and if it sounds sh*tty then I will probably hang the whole thing on the wall vinyl and all.....
  • Like 3

Good! Because it is a awesome album, you just have to get used to it a bit more.. maybe vinyl will help you!

• Like 1

I will admit I am listening to Vapor Trails now side one I guess.... OLV, Ceiling Unlimited and Ghost Rider and it doesn't sound that bad at all.... :huh: :sigh: :wacko:
  • Like 2

I will admit I am listening to Vapor Trails now side one I guess.... OLV, Ceiling Unlimited and Ghost Rider and it doesn't sound that bad at all.... :huh: :sigh: :wacko:

Told you!!! :D Yay!! Narpski will also like Vapor Trails!!! It will be his new favorite album, replacement for All The World's A Stage. :P

Told you!!! :D Yay!! Narpski will also like Vapor Trails!!! It will be his new favorite album, replacement for All The World's A Stage. :P

Lets not get carried away now. Nothing will ever replace ATWAS.... :cool:
  • Like 1

Lets not get carried away now. Nothing will ever replace ATWAS.... :cool:

Haha, ok then. But you will at least start listen to Vapor Trails and like it! :)

• Like 1

By the way Narpski, are you gonna buy the new vinyls that Rush are gonna release soon then, now when you can listen to vinyl again?

I think that, if they are as remastered as their first vinyl release RUSH, then they will sound great!

Edited by YYZumbi

I don't really expect much run on this thread I just wanted to shout from the mountaintops that I am back in the vinyl listening business again. The last time I listened to vinyl must have been 30 years ago I would say. I have kept all my mostly 70's vinyl for just an occasion such as this.

I have my original late 70's Technics turntable and my late 70's Onkyo receiver setup. I got some gift cards for Christmas and went and got 2 Klipsch bookshelf type speakers and they sound great to me. They seemed the best quality and sound for the limited funds I could spend. My son and I set it all up yesterday. The imperfect perfection of vinyl, oh how I missed it!!

I have an extra room off the living room all set up as a comfy listening area. I may bring the laptop in there to as I really need to relax and get away from the television news for a while and listen to music, post on the forum and possibly even read some.

Thanks to many here for the push to this moment. Without your encouragement I probably never would have done this.... :cheers: and thanks again.

Post of the day!

Enjoy it mate!

I'm envious. Seriously.

• Like 2

By the way Narpski, are you gonna buy the new vinyls that Rush are gonna release soon then, now when you can listen to vinyl again?

I think that, if they are as remastered as their first vinyl release RUSH, then they will sound great!

I was just looking on Amazon and it seems I can get just about anything from the past in good used condition. I thought I had up to Power Windows but I don't. Grace Under Pressure was the last one I bought many years ago. I would like to get Power Windows, HYF and Presto. I am also shocked to find out that I don't have Close To The Edge either. I have seemingly every Yes album up to Drama possible except CTTE. I must have it. I have at least 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. I have Squires Fish Out Of Water. I have an Alan White album and a Jon Anderson solo album and a Steve Howe solo album. I have Yes out the @ss but not Close To The Edge!! I even have Tales and Relayer which aren't my favorites by a long stretch. WTF was I thinking as a pimple faced teenager?.... :wacko: Edited by Narpski

Post of the day!

Enjoy it mate!

I'm envious. Seriously.

Thanks my friend.... :cheers:

I was just looking on Amazon and it seems I can get just about anything from the past in good used condition. I thought I had up to Power Windows but I don't. Grace Under Pressure was the last one I bought many years ago. I would like to get Power Windows, HYF and Presto. I am also shocked to find out that I don't have Close To The Edge either. I have seemingly every Yes album up to Drama possible except CTTE. I must have it. I have at least 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. I have Squires Fish Out Of Water. I have an Alan White album and a Jon Anderson solo album and a Steve Howe solo album. I have Yes out the @ss but not Close To The Edge!! I even have Tales and Relayer which aren't my favorites by a long stretch. WTF was I thinking as a pimple faced teenager?.... :wacko:

I meant these albums: http://www.rush.com/12-months-of-rush-14-albums-from-mercury-era-for-release-in-2015/

Rush are releasing new-released vinyls from Fly By Night to A Show Of Hands

I was just looking on Amazon and it seems I can get just about anything from the past in good used condition. I thought I had up to Power Windows but I don't. Grace Under Pressure was the last one I bought many years ago. I would like to get Power Windows, HYF and Presto. I am also shocked to find out that I don't have Close To The Edge either. I have seemingly every Yes album up to Drama possible except CTTE. I must have it. I have at least 6 or 7 Rick Wakeman albums. I have Squires Fish Out Of Water. I have an Alan White album and a Jon Anderson solo album and a Steve Howe solo album. I have Yes out the @ss but not Close To The Edge!! I even have Tales and Relayer which aren't my favorites by a long stretch. WTF was I thinking as a pimple faced teenager?.... :wacko:

I meant these albums: http://www.rush.com/...elease-in-2015/

I have all of those....

I have all of those....

Not newly remastered, and these are also clean of dust and all that. :)

I have all of those....

As a poor man I think I will stick with the originals for now. Something is only original once... :)

I have all of those....

As a poor man I think I will stick with the originals for now. Something is only original once... :)

True. :) I have all originals as well, except for Fly By Night and A Show Of Hands, but I will still buy the new released ones anyway thou, 2 of each, 1 to keep safe and 1 to play. :)

Some of the originals I have now have been so overplayed that they are damaged (Caress Of Steel, 2112 and Signals), so those I have to change!