Rush 2015 Tour Rumors Begin To Gain Steam

Jag2112

They're definitely touring. If they weren't, Ged and Alex wouldn't hint at it, they wouldn't auction off a M&G pass, those couple of dates wouldn't have "accidentally" shown up on Ticketmaster, we wouldn't see suggestive tweets from Gump Wheaton, and Mosbach wouldn't be setting the "location" on Neil's Twitter to say "R40 Tour." I admit I'm getting impatient to know the dates so I can plan my expenditures for SPAC, Buffalo, Columbus, and possibly CT (if Uncasville or B-port is on the schedule), but I keep reminding myself that this could be the last "anxious lead-up to a Rush tour" ever, so enjoy it.
  • Like 4

Neil's Twitter now says "R*40 Tour."

Neil has Twitter? Wow. And I thought he was nothing more than a washed-up, fan hating son of a bitch who refuses to play old songs, drink cheap scotch or ride to the next show with his bandmates.

And he rapes dogs (according to SpaghettiLee)

Isn't this old news now?

Just what I was about to say. Looks like the old news. They're just trying to drum up excitement I guess.

Has this happened before other tours have been announced? I guess I'm asking is this standard operating procedure for Rush? So by the time a tour is finally announced, everyone is in a frenzy?

He's mentioned in his books how he hates to tour and be away from his family. It's probably being brought up now due to his past family crisis.

i wasn't so much referring to Neil, I'm talking about all of the mixed messages we are getting. They are. Then they aren't. Then they are. Then this latest Neil interview is released. It's possible this is an interview from before a decision was made but, if this is so, it is really poor coordination by the public relations department at Anthem, or whoever is responsible for all of this.

It just seems like we are being toyed with, so I was wondering if this happens before every tour is officially announced, or if this is unique to this one?

Well,

It seems to be the norm with Rush. The fan base always wants a tour. Especially after they have taken a long deserved break. Personally I enjoy it. It adds to the excitement of "will they or won't they"? :D

I agree not knowing is half the fun! Of Course Speculation of the setlist once announced is the other 1/2 not to mention if they will bring along new songs or not?

Gold I love :rush: !

I was just going to say the same thing. I love the excited mystery just before they announce a tour! It's almost the second best thing about a Rush tour!

Seems we're getting jerked around with info a tad more this time though

I would think that if there were NOT going be a tour, we wouldn't be hearing anything at all.

Yes! That's what I've been thinking all along too. How could dates leak out if they weren't planning on touring.. Makes no sense!

:) :) :)

Print it and they will come!