Spam Google Email Messages

Lorraine

I have a number of these messages that I cannot get rid of. Every time I delete them, they reappear. They are not real Google messages but part of a group of scam artists who would like nothing better than for me to click on the link.

Would someone here happen to know what the secret is to get them off my computer?

I have a number of these messages that I cannot get rid of. Every time I delete them, they reappear. They are not real Google messages but part of a group of scam artists who would like nothing better than for me to click on the link.

Would someone here happen to know what the secret is to get them off my computer?

Can you block that email address?

• Like 3

In my experience Google is pretty good about filtering that crap out once you point it out. Have you tried "marking it as spam"? After that it usually catches any more of those messages and redirects it to the spam folder.
  • Like 1

I don't know if I can do that with the email system my husband has set up. We don't have the usual email set up on our computer. I don't see any way to block it, but I will ask my husband. He would know. I hope. :)

I don't know if I can do that with the email system my husband has set up. We don't have the usual email set up on our computer. I don't see any way to block it, but I will ask my husband. He would know. I hope. :)

I am a little confused. Are these email messages that you are receiving in you gmail account or are they messages you are receiving in another account that look like they are coming from google?

I am a little confused. Are these email messages that you are receiving in you gmail account or are they messages you are receiving in another account that look like they are coming from google?

They are messages that look like they are coming from google. The first time they tried this, they told me someone had hacked into my account. The email looked very legit, but it was phony.

They are messages that look like they are coming from google. The first time they tried this, they told me someone had hacked into my account. The email looked very legit, but it was phony.

Well not really knowing a whole lot about your email setup I am taking a wild guess here but it sounds like you are using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird and you are retrieving your mail from an external mail server using something like POP(Post Office Protocol). If that is the case then what is likely happening is that you are repeatedly downloading the same messages from the mail server. Sometimes the client doesn't have the ability to delete the message from the server and sometimes even when the client can delete messages from the server, the messages get bugged and won't delete. In ether event the messages have to be deleted from the server.

Does this sound like your setup? Can you give any more details?

My husband uses Opera. I've never had a problem permanently deleting emails - only these bogus Google emails are giving me trouble.

Opera is an internet browser. Do you use a dedicated email client or do you use an internet browser?

If you use an internet browser to access email then color me perplexed. You should be able to just delete the messages.

Edited by thesweetscience

Which email host do you use, Lorraine (gmail, hotmail etc. your husband well know if you don't and is generally art the end of your email address? And do you access your emails through your internet browser or through an email application because I'm a bit brown as well :) Edited by LittleRushmonkey

Which email host do you use, Lorraine (gmail, hotmail etc. your husband well know if you don't and is generally art the end of your email address? And do you access your emails through your internet browser or through an email application because I'm a bit brown as well :)

Little, we use gmail and we access through Opera. We had once for a brief time the type of email system most users have but we had to go back to what we have because of our dial up.

Have you tried this?

1. Log into your Gmail account. ...
  2. Pull up an email from the offending sender. If your inbox is flooded with messages, just search for that person's name in the box at the top. ...
  3. Fill in the criteria for messages you'd like to stop receiving. ...
  4. Click “Create filter with this search.” ...
  5. Click Create Filter.

I have been holding off doing that because with dial up it takes forever. But it seems that is the only thing left for me to do.

Thank you! :)

I think it'll be worth it :) . Hope it works for you. If it doesn't work I don't think that there's much left for you to do other than change email address but that probably won't be very easy with your internet and I'd only use that as a very last resort.

Edited by LittleRushmonkey