IRON MAIDEN

yyzyy

I still haven’t waded in to the new album.

Three strides in & you'll be neck deep in cowsh1t.

:lol:

I'm actually listening to it right now. It's a little dreary here today, and I'm a little under the weather, so I thought I would check it out. I remember a review of Piece of Mind from maybe Kerrang where it talked about the problem with Maiden (even then it was being discussed) could be found in Where Eagles Dare, and its repetitiveness. There's a little of that vibe here, but I'm only on Lost in a Lost World, not to be confused with Stranger in a Strange Land.

After listening to Senjutsu and Book of Souls, I turned to the debut and Killers, also back to back. I'll still take the first 2 albums over anything after Powerslave, and Beast, Piece and Powerslave aren't necessarily better.

Somewhere In Time is my favourite Maiden album!

• Like 3

After listening to Senjutsu and Book of Souls, I turned to the debut and Killers, also back to back. I'll still take the first 2 albums over anything after Powerslave, and Beast, Piece and Powerslave aren't necessarily better.

When I first started listening to Maiden a few years ago, I thought Piece sounded a little wimpy next to Beast and I blamed in on changing the drummer. I still think Clive had a more powerful style than Nicko. It's sorta like when Bill Bruford left Yes and Alan White replaced him. I love Alan, and he's exceptionally talented and does everything justice and is incredible on his own... but they let go of something with Bill that they never got back.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

When I first started listening to Maiden a few years ago, I thought Piece sounded a little wimpy next to Beast and I blamed in on changing the drummer. I still think Clive had a more powerful style than Nicko. It's sorta like when Bill Bruford left Yes and Alan White replaced him. I love Alan, and he's exceptionally talented and does everything justice and is incredible on his own... but they let go of something with Bill that they never got back.

The drummer in my high school garage band absolutely LOVED Burr.

• Like 3

I haven't listened to "Senjutsu", yet. With it being released for only a week, and a half, I haven't purchased it, but I will be, and after I do, I'll listen to it. If the last song "Hell On Earth" does sound like early, and classic "Queensryche", then I'm looking forward to Iron Maiden's new studio recently released "Senjutsu" even more. Edited by Derek19

Listening to Book of Souls, Live Chapter today. They obviously knew they had a winner with that one, looking at all the new songs they put on it. I wonder if it will be the same for Senjutsu.

Seeing how the majority of fans seem to have fallen hard for this album, I think they will! I'd love to hear all this album live, it's incredible!

• Like 2

Listening to Book of Souls, Live Chapter today. They obviously knew they had a winner with that one, looking at all the new songs they put on it. I wonder if it will be the same for Senjutsu.

Seeing how the majority of fans seem to have fallen hard for this album, I think they will! I'd love to hear all this album live, it's incredible!

Hopefully they learned their lesson from when they did all of AMOLAD and format the set better. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play the whole new album live. They just need to make sure they're throwing in some old stuff every three or four songs.

Hopefully they learned their lesson from when they did all of AMOLAD and format the set better. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play the whole new album live. They just need to make sure they're throwing in some old stuff every three or four songs.

At this point they would probably do it again just to piss people off. Maiden don't strike me as a band sitting around "learning lessons" from their decisions. And I mean that in a complimentary way. Their show, their setlist, their rules. A person can always decide not to go if it's a deal killer. I don't believe their concert attendance suffered much at all for it either. :D

• Like 1

Since I've put together a Judas Priest setlist, which includes songs from their latest c.d., and album called "Invincible Shield", I would attempt my own twenty-twenty-five song one for Iron Maiden, which includes songs from their latest c.d., and album called "Senjutsu" except for "the X Factor", and "Virtual XI".  For a complete of it like the Judas Priest one, I included two more, extra encores.

Satellite 15... the Final Frontier

Senjutsu

No Prayer For the Dying

Revelations

Killers

Brave New World

Dance of Death

the Book of Souls

Powerslave

For the Greater Good of God

the Prisoner

the Trooper