What songs are your current jams?

The Analog Cub

Good Charlotte - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

Good Charlotte - Dance Floor Anthem (I Don't Wanna Be In Love)

Good Charlotte - Makeshift Love

Good Charlotte - Prayers

311 - All Mixed Up

Rush - Here Again

Van Halen - Pleasure Dome

Eagles - Try And Love Again

AC/DC - What's Next To The Moon

Queen - Modern Times Rock N Roll

Journey - Lights

• Like 1

Heart - Alone

The Story So Far - States and Minds/Roam

The Story So Far - High Regard

The Story So Far - Let It Go

Boston - Smokin

Triumph - Lay It On The Line

Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down

• Like 1

Was trying Bron-yr-aur again recently. Been trying to figure it out for 20 years. Don't think I've tried to play it in over 5 years. Still struggle a lot. But you gotta keep trying.

Got the lap steel out last night and was impressed with myself as I did a decent job in the Gilmour intro to Breathe.

Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 1

Right now, the latest I'm into is music by Zola Jesus. She's been around since around 2010. Zola Jesus is a stage name she uses, it's not her actual name. She's very electronic, uses strings, and is somewhat goth and might be what can be called "Dark Wave". Her stuff is not for everyone's tastes though, but it caught my attention several years ago.

[Hope I'm putting this in the right place, folks...]

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!

Can anybody help me with this before I lose [what's left of] my mind?

;) G

In 'The Trees', I just can't figure out what/how Alex plays in the 'bridge' before the guitar solo - it sounds like an arpeggiated passage but I can't pick out all the notes accurately!

;) G

This is purely from memory as i'm not near my guitar and I can't remember the exact notes....

Pick out the "root notes" first before worrying about the others and get that pattern in your mind.....after that It's just a simple matter of ringing out the open strings in an arpeggiated pattern in between.....hope thats clear

• Like 1

;) G

This is purely from memory as i'm not near my guitar and I can't remember the exact notes....

Pick out the "root notes" first before worrying about the others and get that pattern in your mind.....after that It's just a simple matter of ringing out the open strings in an arpeggiated pattern in between.....hope thats clear

Yep - I thought it was something like that alright!

Trouble is, when I start on the open strings/notes my brain gets muddled [!] cos the note pitches are/seem lower than where your fretting hand is [on the neck]

[Not sure that makes sense? I was kinda hoping someone would have a tab version of it!! :) ]

Thanks Fridge

;) G

;) G

Yep - I thought it was something like that alright!

Trouble is, when I start on the open strings/notes my brain gets muddled [!] cos the note pitches are/seem lower than where your fretting hand is [on the neck]

[Not sure that makes sense? I was kinda hoping someone would have a tab version of it!! :) ]

Thanks Fridge

;) G

This is in 5/4 (I HATE 5/4!)

e|-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|

B|-------0--------------0--------|-------0---------------------------|

G|-----0--------0-----0--------0-|-----0-------0--------0-----0------|

D|--12------11-----14------11----|--12------11----12-14----11--------|

A|-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|

E|-------------------------------|-----------------------------------|

• Like 2