Suggestions to Reel in a New (Soon To Be) Fan

pfrushfan0122

You know folks we may be scaring this dude away like we did with the other person who asked this same question a little while back... :LOL:

Nah, I'm not driven away yet ;) I was expecting this...

Sweet. We are passionate around here for sure.... :)

Caress of Steel definitely would be a good introduction :D

On a more serious note, Moving Pictures was the one that made me a Rush fan, it took me quite a while to warm up to the 70's material.

Better quite a while then never at all... :cheers: I started there so it was easy for me. Being old has a couple of advantages at least... :codger:

Give them a big reefer then put The Trees/Xanadu on off ESL at a loud volume.

I like the way you think my friend. :ebert:

My favorite Rush tribute band (KRush) has been playing The Trees/Xanadu, just like on ESL, on a pretty regular basis lately, and I like the way they think too! :haz:

Beyond the Lighted Stage made both my wife and a good friend fans of Rush. I think Rush's story of friendship and overcoming persistent critical derision and dismissal can make a fan of folks who might otherwise be ambivalent or averse. Understanding Rush's story and what sets them apart can render the music much more palatable for the uninitiated. So go with BTLS—music and history all in one.
  • Like 1

Make him a CD / Playlist with the following songs in this order:

The Spirit of Radio

Limelight

Far Cry

Caravan

Distant Early Warning

Red Barchetta

Subdivisions

Turn The Page

Marathon

YYZ

Show Don't Tell

Ghost of A Chance

Driven

Stick it Out

Tom Sawyer

Freewill

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiatto

Headlong Flight

2112 Overture / Temples/ Finale Live

And Make him promise he'll listen to it at least 5 times.

Edited by losingit2k

Beyond the Lighted Stage made both my wife and a good friend fans of Rush. I think Rush's story of friendship and overcoming persistent critical derision and dismissal can make a fan of folks who might otherwise be ambivalent or averse. Understanding Rush's story and what sets them apart can render the music much more palatable for the uninitiated. So go with BTLS—music and history all in one.

Go old school by listening to the music. Like "normal" people do.

I would probably put on Moving Pictures, since most likely they're a little bit familiar with some of the song on it. Then maybe La Villa. :)

Go old school by listening to the music. Like "normal" people do.

Yeah, because there's no music in BTLS. It's just oral history with crickets chirping in the background...

• Like 1

I have more than a few friends whose interest in the band increased due to seeing BTLS and either liking music they heard on there or liking the band.

• Like 1

I have more than a few friends whose interest in the band increased due to seeing BTLS and either liking music they heard on there or liking the band.

Well we know now that's bs because you don't have more than a few friends.

• Like 1