Well, the Rock Hall is inducting another group of musicians, and they are

Green Day

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Lou Reed

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

Bill Withers

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Additionally the 5 Royals will receive the early influences award, and Ringo Starr will receive the Award of Excellence.

As a reminder, these are the groups that did not make the cut this year.

Kraftwerk

Sting

Chic

The Smiths

Nine Inch Nails

N.W.A

In my personal opinion, called it on Green Day being inducted, happy for Stevie Ray as well. I feel that Kraftwerk still deserves the nod however.

Discuss

They deserve it more than Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

If Webster's wants to use this as the example of how to use the phrase "damning with faint praise", they're welcome to do so.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Green Day

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Lou Reed

Bill Withers

Additionally the 5 Royals will receive the early influences award, and Ringo Starr will receive the Award of Excellence.

Yes

Deep Purple

Fixed...
  • Like 8

They deserve it more than Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

If Webster's wants to use this as the example of how to use the phrase "damning with faint praise", they're welcome to do so.

Yes and no. Joan has been around a lot longer. Tenure in the business should count for something.

• Like 1

I don't think any rock fan takes this joke of an establishment seriously anymore. How do Green Day make it over the legendary Yes and Deep Purple?!
  • Like 7

Green Day

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Lou Reed

Bill Withers

Yes

Deep Purple

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Jethro Tull

The Moody Blues

Boy George

Fixed...

Double Fixed

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

Green Day? Really?

I don't think any rock fan takes this joke of an establishment seriously anymore. How do Green Day make it over the legendary Yes and Deep Purple?!

You guys do have to understand that rock takes on a lot of sub-genres, and as legendary as bands like Yes and Deep Purple may be, Green Day was one of the two bands that started the second wave of mainstream punk rock, so considering their widespread notoriety, critical acclaim, and massive influence on the second wave of punk, as well as pop punk. They kind of had the spot coming to them, again, considering they are the first inductee of the sub-genre.

Green Day? Really?

You guys do have to understand that rock takes on a lot of sub-genres, and as legendary as bands like Yes and Deep Purple may be, Green Day was one of the two bands that started the second wave of mainstream punk rock, so considering their widespread notoriety, critical acclaim, and massive influence on the second wave of punk, as well as pop punk. They kind of had the spot coming to them, again, considering they are the first inductee of the sub-genre.

I get that, but it just seems like there are groups like Yes or Judas Priest that should be in there first.

• Like 4

Green Day? Really?

I get that, but it just seems like there are groups like Yes or Judas Priest that should be in there first.

Way first...
  • Like 2

Yes was among the first Progressive Rock bands though, which should count for something. I don't mind that Joan Jett was inducted. I would listen to her stuff. Couldn't care less about Green Day.

I think even The Smiths and The Cure deserve to be in there before Green Day.

And Yes, Iron Maiden, The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, The Cars, Styx, Foreigner, The Scorpions, Depeche Mode, Cheap Trick, Warren Zevon, Willie Nelson, Kraftwerk...I can go on.

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 2

I think even The Smiths and The Cure deserve to be in there before Green Day.

For sure. And NWA were hugely influential. Ice Cube, Dr, Dre and Eazy-E are among the founding members.

Straight Outta Compton, yo!

And Tangeroine Dream and Vangelis....hell why not include Philip Glass and other composers? Why not? Get Igor Stravisnky in the damn Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. He deserves it before any of these clowns.

Luciano Pavarotti? In

Wait? Sinatra isn't in there is he? WTF?

Edited by savagegrace26

Green Day? Really?

I almost choked on my own vomit when I saw this. Are you fuckinning kidding me?

This shit fake punk pop pussy band of Billy Armstrong's asshole stinks to high heaven!!!

This shit band was born about 20 minutes from where I live.

I wouldn't spend a red cent on seeing them live. JUNK PUNK!

There is no hope.

The Dead Kennedys are the REAL DEAL! A real Bay Area Punk Band!!!!

Time to guzzle a bottle of booze on this one. Hopefully I'll be "TOO DRUNK TO FUKK!"

Better call a "POLICE TRUCK!"

Love,

"HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA"

• Like 1

Yes can't ever be in the RRHoF as the band, in essence, perpetuates racism

By drawing from classical elements, prog rock implied to some that rock itself wasn’t artistically interesting or important enough to contain its complex ideas. And for many critics prog strayed too far from rock’s African-American origins, reinforcing the stereotype that associated European music with the intellect and African music with the body.

The standard for artistic value in music, visual art, literature or any art form is fluid, shifting over time and fluctuating with cultural conditions and different audiences. At its birth, rock and roll itself was derided as primitive jungle music. Such a response was motivated by racism and the backlash of major record labels towards the economic threat of rising independent labels like Sun and Specialty.

Green Day? Really?

I almost choked on my own vomit when I saw this. Are you fuckinning kidding me?

This shit fake punk pop pussy band of Billy Armstrong's asshole stinks to high heaven!!!

This shit band was born about 20 minutes from where I live.

I wouldn't spend a red cent on seeing them live. JUNK PUNK!

There is no hope.

The Dead Kennedys are the REAL DEAL! A real Bay Area Punk Band!!!!

Time to guzzle a bottle of booze on this one. Hopefully I'll be "TOO DRUNK TO FUKK!"

Better call a "POLICE TRUCK!"

Love,

"HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA"

MTV GET OFF THE AIR, NOW!

Ozzy should be in as a solo artist. Lou Reed is a f***ing fraudulent pick, a glorified one hit wonder, whose dick was never dry after a Rolling Stone interview. Stevie Ray Vaughn was a very good choice. An 80s band or two should get in, like Motley Crue or Judas Priest....
  • Like 2