Rush peak chart positions

rugen

I can't believe the top two selling Rush albums are MP (not surprised) and ROLL THE BONES!

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Do you not read? The sales figures are only from 1991 on...when Soundscan started tracking sales....I knew this would happen... :facepalm:

The top selling Rush albums overall are Moving Pictures and 2112.

But the RTB has squillions

Because it's material is simple, catchy, and easy to digest and is targeted for average simpletons. The same reason why Avatar, Titanic, Star Wars, and Harry Potter are so successful.

Roll the Bones is the Titanic of Rush albums.

Harry Potter is NOT simple.

:/

It isn't.

And I cannot be bothered to argue. But HP is something I have learned a lot from.

I'll accept that...I have read 4 of the books. The movies are hit and miss.

What have you learned?

The movies suck!

A lot about folklore, languages and growing up I matured alongside the cast, and they helped me cope and understand the ropes of life.

They are marvellous. I hadn't read them for six years, or seen the films. So I reread them over the summer and loved them more than I did back in the day!

I can't believe the top two selling Rush albums are MP (not surprised) and ROLL THE BONES!

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Do you not read? The sales figures are only from 1991 on...when Soundscan started tracking sales....I knew this would happen... :facepalm:

Because it's material is simple, catchy, and easy to digest and is targeted for average simpletons. The same reason why Avatar, Titanic, Star Wars, and Harry Potter are so successful.

It isn't.

And I cannot be bothered to argue. But HP is something I have learned a lot from.

What have you learned?

The movies suck!

A lot about folklore, languages and growing up I matured alongside the cast, and they helped me cope and understand the ropes of life.

They are marvellous. I hadn't read them for six years, or seen the films. So I reread them over the summer and loved them more than I did back in the day!

Ok. I was referring specifically to the movies. The books do have quite a bit more depth to them.

• Like 1

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

It isn't.

What have you learned?

The movies suck!

Ok. I was referring specifically to the movies. The books do have quite a bit more depth to them.

I see.

This makes sense! I actually like the movies, but they are just a shadow of the books!

• Like 1

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

How dare you include Star Wars amongst those other "works of art"!!!!!

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

:o I'm....sad

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

I just never got into it. Like...first time i saw it i thought i was watching a star wars parody. Nope.

And it was the first one from the 70's.

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

I just never got into it. Like...first time i saw it i thought i was watching a star wars parody. Nope.

Beauty is in the eye of the beekeeper, as they say

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

Beauty is in the eye of the beekeeper, as they say

And Harry Potter, the movies, 100% deservesbto be on that list.

They are really poor (but likable) adaptations.

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

No apology needed....

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

No apology needed....

You dislike as well dude?

] :o I'm....sad

I'm with you, my friend. Star Wars 1977-83 will always have a special place in my heart. Just watched Empire last weekend - it hasn't lost any of its magic.

• Like 2

I have a friend who has mentioned having a star wars marathon with me.

It might be fun

I'm with you, my friend. Star Wars 1977-83 will always have a special place in my heart. Just watched Empire last weekend - it hasn't lost any of its magic.

They're probably my favorite movies. So much fun and so much to learn from. It's absolutely amazing how awful the prequels are (I prefer not to acknowledge their existence); George Lucas proved to everybody with those movies that he does NOT understand what makes Star Wars cool Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch
  • Like 3

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

No apology needed....

Never seen any of them but know enough to know I wouldn't like it at all. I am generally not into "fad" stuff like that. Harry Potter etc. As much as I love the original Star Trek series I think most of the movies generally suck. Sequel/Prequel etc. :wacko: type stuff just isn't for me....
  • Like 2

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

No apology needed....

Never seen any of them but know enough to know I wouldn't like it at all. I am generally not into "fad" stuff like that. Harry Potter etc. As much as I love the original Star Trek series I think most of the movies generally suck. Sequel/Prequel etc. :wacko: type stuff just isn't for me....

Harry Potter is the only "fad" i understand.

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

I guess this is one of those times when you had to have been there.

• Like 1

They're probably my favorite movies. So much fun and so much to learn from. It's absolutely amazing how awful the prequels are (I prefer not to acknowledge their existence); George Lucas proved to everybody with those movies that he does NOT understand what makes Star Wars cool

He's addicted to an awful, art-destroying drug . . . called CGI.

• Like 3

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

And you criticize me for hating Hemispheres…

You should be ashamed.

:LOL:

• Like 1

Well...it has Face Up.

What a classic.

*jk*

NOOOO....NOOOO....

Star Wars sux.

And only for a dime!

Sorry...

And you criticize me for hating Hemispheres…

You should be ashamed.

:LOL:

I mock in jest.

I totally understand why Hems is hard work. I used to rate it low (i still dont think its THAT great). Over all, sidelong tracks are better served by Yes.

Oh yeah, then how come Rush is still around and going strong and Yes is just a shadow of what it once was?

Because Rush stopped making sidelong tracks ;)

Or, stopped doing whatever they did on Hemispheres then got famous.

Edited by savagegrace26

you kinda have to be a kid to get into star wars.

from what I've gathered from segue's posts, he was not exposed to any media at all until he was like, 20. and he seems to have gone into star wars expecting kubrick-level seriousness, and I think if you watch it expecting a fun action movie and no more or less you'll be pleased. if you're still not pleased, well, you're just a contrarian :D most people who somehow have never seen star wars have way too high expectations because of all the fans/conventions/etc

I wouldn't call star wars a fad either, because fads don't last 40 years. I'm not so sure harry potter will still be talked about in 30 years. those first few books are okay reads, but once you've read some serious fantasy it seems pretty juvenile and derivative, so I think harry potter will be looked at the same way people look at the wheel of time or the sword of shannara (fantasy for kids and beginners). of course, star wars seems juvenile once you read dune or hyperion. not sure what I'm blabbering about

• Like 3