Babymetal...Anyone else here a fan?

Zelix

Well I listened to it. The refrain is good, everything else ranges from bland and not of note to annoying.

I don't think I even have to comment on the dancing :LOL:

I think this would perfectly sum up my opinion also. :LOL:

Conceptually I think it's fascinating, but other than that it's just not my thing sorry to say. I won't bash those who are a fan though.

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Good to see the archetypal 2intense4u metalhead is ranked in the top comments, chiming in to defend the sacred definition of metal music

If you do not like the following bands: Black Sabbath, Pantera, Slayer, or Dio. Do not act like you know what metal is or think what metal is because most people liking this band really don't know what metal is

Honestly? That's fine! No objection from me. Can you be quiet now? :LOL:

:blink: ..... :codger:

You're on the brink of becoming a little bit... predictable, my friend! :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :P

I know. I know. There is so much I don't know or haven't heard of though.... :LOL: :codger:
  • Like 1

:blink: ..... :codger:

You're on the brink of becoming a little bit... predictable, my friend! :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :P

I know. I know. There is so much I don't know or haven't heard of though.... :LOL: :codger:

I honestly cannot think of better music for your Christmas tree than Babymetal!!

• Like 2

I lived in Japan for three years. You can buy used girls' undies from vending machines there. This strikes me as a variation on that theme.

I lived in Japan for three years. You can buy used girls' undies from vending machines there. This strikes me as a variation on that theme.

Actually the girls are not sexualized and if you are attracted to underage girls in that way it's your problem not the rest of the worlds.

Don't try to lump Babymetal in with the sickness of some individuals.

• Like 1

Actually the girls are not sexualized and if you are attracted to underage girls in that way it's your problem not the rest of the worlds.

Don't try to lump Babymetal in with the sickness of some individuals.

Hey, if there's a market for it in Japan (and there is), it's not so much perversion being pushed... It's perversion that simply exists :LOL:

But I do agree that you can appreciate kawaii girls without any sort of pedophilia being involved, and the Babymetal crowd seems to fall under that innocence. People will just suspect you have an ulterior motive because people like to assume the worst in others.

• Like 1

I really wasn't being all that serious; as serious as the genre deserves I suppose. But seriously, that culture does have a thing for school girl uniforms though. Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

Saw them at a two day rock festival called SummerSonic (one of the big rock festivals in Japan) 2 years ago. I was going to see Metallica, Muse, Johnny Marr, Smashing Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, and a couple of others. But there's a lot of music between the bands you came to see + various stages to check out newer or lesser known acts. I saw BabyMetal on this tiny ass outdoor stage with maybe 100 people watching. And, honestly, they weren't as bad as I anticipated. Note, I'm not saying they're good at all. At least I don't think so. Additionally, ((and sadly)) they're not nearly as bad as the super-popular, super-cliche J-pop bands such as AKB48, SMAP, and Arashi who are constructed as idols first, singers a very distant second. Hell, the 48 member girl idol group AKB48 even has strict dating rules so that their image is kept pure. Sick! With such bullshit, how can good music possibly come from that?!

At the same Summersonic rock festival I saw (very briefly) this lovely looking J-pop trio, Perfume:

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Jpop-Perfume.jpg

But they were so awful. The worst musical act I've seen in my life I'm sure. They weren't even singing. All of it was lip-sync'd. And their dancing was barely that. Not that I care about dancing, but they couldn't even do anything athletic or graceful; just cutesy shit that any girl could pick up over a couple hours of practice. I went to the food tents two or three songs into their performance...right when the song track started to SKIP!!!

At least BabyMetal is backed by metal musicians onstage.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Zelix... Babymetal is awesome.

"Gimme Chocolate!" is endless fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY

U NO IT!

Saw them at a two day rock festival called SummerSonic (one of the big rock festivals in Japan) 2 years ago. I was going to see Metallica, Muse, Johnny Marr, Smashing Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, and a couple of others. But there's a lot of music between the bands you came to see + various stages to check out newer or lesser known acts. I saw BabyMetal on this tiny ass outdoor stage with maybe 100 people watching. And, honestly, they weren't as bad as I anticipated. Note, I'm not saying they're good at all. At least I don't think so. Additionally, ((and sadly)) they're not nearly as bad as the super-popular, super-cliche J-pop bands such as AKB48, SMAP, and Arashi who are constructed as idols first, singers a very distant second. Hell, the 48 member girl idol group AKB48 even has strict dating rules so that their image is kept pure. Sick! With such bullshit, how can good music possibly come from that?!

At the same Summersonic rock festival I saw (very briefly) this lovely looking J-pop trio, Perfume:

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Jpop-Perfume.jpg

But they were so awful. The worst musical act I've seen in my life I'm sure. They weren't even singing. All of it was lip-sync'd. And their dancing was barely that. Not that I care about dancing, but they couldn't even do anything athletic or graceful; just cutesy shit that any girl could pick up over a couple hours of practice. I went to the food tents two or three songs into their performance...right when the song track started to SKIP!!!

At least BabyMetal is backed by metal musicians onstage.

Yeah I can't get into the new jpop acts so much. I like the old school Morning Musume, Hangry & Angry, Momoiro Clover Z and a few others. Never liked perfume.

MoCloZ recently did a song with KISS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zaOKC8k_js

Edited by Zelix

The opposing worlds or metal and Jpop collide into a brilliant sonic force.

Whoah what the hell did I just watch?

It's different at least.

• Like 1

Apologize for the not-quite-necropost, but I thought I should mention that Babymetal will be performing with Rob Halford of Judas Priest at the APMAs in Columbus, Ohio July 18th:

http://www.blabbermo...s-music-awards/

Also, because it's not in this thread yet, here's their first single off their new album (less than three months after release and already 15,000,000+ views):

http://youtu.be/GvD3CHA48pA

And here's a live one with their actual backing band:

http://youtu.be/TZRvO0S-TLU

Oh, and Rob Zombie is a fan: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob-zombie-on-watching-babymetal-perform-it-was-like-nothing-i-had-ever-seen-before/

Zombie made headlines last week after he defended BABYMETAL against online criticism, saying that the Japanese group has "more energy than 90 percent of the bands we play with."

Last weekend, Zombie met BABYMETAL at the Carolina Rebellion festival in Concord, North Carolina. He then posted a snapshot of them together backstage to his Facebook page, much to the chagrin of many of his fans.

After one fan called BABYMETAL "a shameful embarrassment to anything metal," Rob responded: "Hey, they are nice kids out on the road touring. What are you doing besides being a grumpy old f**k?"

Another fan wrote: "[BABYMETAL] are awful. This is lame. I love you, Rob, but shame on you." Rob fired back with: "They roll harder than you."

A third fan said: "Are you kidding me, Rob? BABYMETAL is J-pop, not metal. But to each their own, I guess." Zombie countered with: "These three girls had more energy than 90 percent of the bands we play with."

BABYMETAL addressed the photo in a comment on the Facebook photo. They wrote: “Thank you Rob! The Spirit of HEAVY METAL traversed across the World,rose above language barriers, went beyond generations and created countless legends. See you again at Northern Invasion!"

Edited by MaxxQ
  • Like 2