RIP Perineal Peart

savagegrace26

You missed out.

I don't think anyone missed a thing.

Thanks for planting that annoying Aerosmith song in my head.

Sorry. Aerosmith is almost as bad as the Eagles. :(

Aerosmith used to be good. Until THAT song.

Aerosmith didn't even compose that song, music or lyrics. It's some horrible sappy woman, Diane Somebodyorother, who's made a fortune writing treacly love songs. She's never recorded a note. She's also never been in a serious relationship, which helps explain the hearts-and-flowers, rose-colored glasses perspective on love expressed in her awful songs.

I would go so far as to say that song is almost worse than anything the Eagles ever did. And I hate the Eagles with the white hot passion of a thousand supernovas.

It's Diane Warren. As much of a blight on music as her senator namesake is to politics.

If Diane Warren wrote music for the next Maroon 5 album, I think Mara would go on a killing spree.

j/k

Can we not talk about that shite band in here, please? :huh:

• Like 1

I would go so far as to say that song is almost worse than anything the Eagles ever did.

Yep. And that's really, really bad.

And I hate the Eagles with the white hot passion of a thousand supernovas.

Two thousand supernovas for me.

What's so bad about the Eagles? I don't go out of my way to listen to them but songs like Take It Easy, Hotel California, Desperado, Take It to the Limit, etc aren't bad.

Can't say I know anything beyond their "greatest hits" songs though.

Is it just the music itself or is there something about the bands attitude/egos and their overwhelming popularity that you don't like? I don't know much about the Eagles. Never cared to know much...

Eagles are too harmless to hate!

Some catchy driving tunes, but their albums suck. I think a quality best of is enough!

That's all I've ever had/heard. Their "greatest hits vol. 1".

Most of it was decent but I was never motivated to listen to anything else from them.

You missed out.

Aerosmith didn't even compose that song, music or lyrics. It's some horrible sappy woman, Diane Somebodyorother, who's made a fortune writing treacly love songs. She's never recorded a note. She's also never been in a serious relationship, which helps explain the hearts-and-flowers, rose-colored glasses perspective on love expressed in her awful songs.

I would go so far as to say that song is almost worse than anything the Eagles ever did. And I hate the Eagles with the white hot passion of a thousand supernovas.

It's Diane Warren. As much of a blight on music as her senator namesake is to politics.

If Diane Warren wrote music for the next Maroon 5 album, I think Mara would go on a killing spree.

j/k

On the entire forum or in this thread? Because something shite related is completely appropriate for this thread.

You missed out.

j/k

Just trying to get Mara's post count up...

• Like 2

I couldn't stand The Eagles back when I was young (70's) and they were super popular. I enjoy their music now and can appreciate all of the many hits and enjoyable songs they wrote....

I would go so far as to say that song is almost worse than anything the Eagles ever did.

What's so bad about the Eagles? I don't go out of my way to listen to them but songs like Take It Easy, Hotel California, Desperado, Take It to the Limit, etc aren't bad.

Is it just the music itself or is there something about the bands attitude/egos and their overwhelming popularity that you don't like? I don't know much about the Eagles. Never cared to know much...

It's the music. I should clarify that I have always hated it, even before I found out what douchecanoes Don and Glenn supposedly are. I didn't know that Don Henley had slagged Rush in an interview before I joined this forum in 2008. So it's a real hatred, not the hipster-style hatred of everything mainstream.

At one point it was a normal sort of hatred, the kind that just made me reach for the radio buttons at supersonic speed when one of their songs came on. I hit a whole new, heretofore undiscovered level of loathing, though, when I worked for someone who BLASTED their greatest hits, over and over, for hours every morning. He also tended to hit the repeat button on the stereo remote a lot, meaning that I often had to listen to "Hotel California", "Take It Easy", or "Already Gone" several times in a row. I can't believe my head never exploded.

Joe Walsh's solo stuff is good, though.

It's the music. I should clarify that I have always hated it, even before I found out what douchecanoes Don and Glenn supposedly are. I didn't know that Don Henley had slagged Rush in an interview before I joined this forum in 2008. So it's a real hatred, not the hipster-style hatred of everything mainstream.

At one point it was a normal sort of hatred, the kind that just made me reach for the radio buttons at supersonic speed when one of their songs came on. I hit a whole new, heretofore undiscovered level of loathing, though, when I worked for someone who BLASTED their greatest hits, over and over, for hours every morning. He also tended to hit the repeat button on the stereo remote a lot, meaning that I often had to listen to "Hotel California", "Take It Easy", or "Already Gone" several times in a row. I can't believe my head never exploded.

Joe Walsh's solo stuff is good, though.

I can imagine someone saying that about a Rush fan.

At one point it was a normal sort of hatred, the kind that just made me reach for the radio buttons at supersonic speed when one of their songs came on. I hit a whole new, heretofore undiscovered level of loathing, though, when I worked for someone who BLASTED their greatest hits, over and over, for hours every morning. He also tended to hit the repeat button on the stereo remote a lot, meaning that I often had to listen to "Limelight", "Xanadu", or "Working Man" several times in a row. I can't believe my head never exploded.

I couldn't stand The Eagles back when I was young (70's) and they were super popular. I enjoy their music now and can appreciate all of the many hits and enjoyable songs they wrote....

Yeah same here. I didn't care much for them back in the 70s though you heard them all the time on the radio. The only song I can halfway remember liking was Hotel California.

Yeah same here. I didn't care much for them back in the 70s though you heard them all the time on the radio. The only song I can halfway remember liking was Hotel California.

I can enjoy a best of The Eagles now. Brings back good memories and not negative ones which is nice....
  • Like 1