Rush re-releasing Rush-A Show of Hands on "high quality vinyl"

The Analog Cub

It's about time they re-release everything on vinyl. The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd have all done it, why complain about Rush? Rush has gained a ton of fans in the last 10 years, why not give them a chance to get there albums on vinyl?

Yes!

It's not like they've ever rereleased these on vinyl before. I can't believe people are calling this a cash grab.

I think it is great that Rush finally re-releases their albums on vinyl, as many other bands has done recently (The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Abba, Kiss etc). I think they should re-release their Atlantic albums on vinyl as well so that we finally get Test for Echo on LP.

It's about time they re-release everything on vinyl. The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd have all done it, why complain about Rush? Rush has gained a ton of fans in the last 10 years, why not give them a chance to get there albums on vinyl?

Don´t forget Led Zeppelin. They have done it as well!

I think it is great that Rush finally re-releases their albums on vinyl, as many other bands has done recently (The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Abba, Kiss etc). I think they should re-release their Atlantic albums on vinyl as well so that we finally get Test for Echo on LP.

Test For Echo, sure, that would be nice.. but Counterparts, that would be even better!!!

But now I´m not gonna be a complainer, because now they are nice and re-release all their 74-87 albums on vinyl, and that is really awesome!!!

Personally, I'd rather have their albums than cds. If I had both the money and my old stereo, I'd buy these.

Yeah me too. I pitched my old turntable a while back because it never got any use. But I think music sounds much better on vinyl compared to CD.

• Like 1

Personally, I'd rather have their albums than cds. If I had both the money and my old stereo, I'd buy these.

Yeah me too. I pitched my old turntable a while back because it never got any use. But I think music sounds much better on vinyl compared to CD.

So do I.

• Like 1

So do I.

:cheers:

• Like 1

I'm in ONLY IF they master these specifically for vinyl and not just put the master they use for the CD on vinyl.

While it's great that they will be released on 180 or 200 gram vinyl, it won't mean a damn thing to me unless they are mastered properly.for vinyl.

Mastered for vinyl? Please explain. Was Clockwork Angels mastered for vinyl?

Yes it was.

I can't go into any technicality but it has something to with the mediums being different. A CD master on a vinyl can end up sound way worse than the CD.

This is not a cash grab to me. Of course I'm going to throw my money at them and buy them all, including those I already have (they're worn down). And it's about damn time they did this!

Now, if we can then get the rest of their catalog. If the sales of the Mercury era goes well I'll bet that Atlantic will pay attention ;)

ok i have a really good turntable with a very expensive needle. and i got 2 copies of clockwork angels. while the sound was atad better than the cd, the vinyl itself was cheap it had pops and both copies.. so it wasnt true 180 gram..

A couple of people were complaining about only getting mp3 downloads and not lossless downloads, according to RIAB these new vinyls will come with download cards for both mp3s and various high res audio formats as well. I would imagine it would work like Clockwork Angels did where you could download whichever format you want. IMO the hi res download tracks of CA sounded better than the CD and the vinyl. Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

ok i have a really good turntable with a very expensive needle. and i got 2 copies of clockwork angels. while the sound was atad better than the cd, the vinyl itself was cheap it had pops and both copies.. so it wasnt true 180 gram..

I think that's more related to the condition of the surface. 180g and 200g is nice but pops should be something laying in the groove.

A couple of people were complaining about only getting mp3 downloads and not lossless downloads, according to RIAB these new vinyls will come with download cards for both mp3s and various high res audio formats as well. I would imagine it would work like Clockwork Angels did where you could download whichever format you want. IMO the hi res download tracks of CA sounded better than the CD and the vinyl.

That is awesome, if its correct!!!

• Like 1

A couple of people were complaining about only getting mp3 downloads and not lossless downloads, according to RIAB these new vinyls will come with download cards for both mp3s and various high res audio formats as well. I would imagine it would work like Clockwork Angels did where you could download whichever format you want. IMO the hi res download tracks of CA sounded better than the CD and the vinyl.

I haven't realized this and if it's true I'll be aboard.

I suppose some people are so cynical that they'll view every little thing as a cash grab, but I love that they're doing this. I'll def be purchasing the ones I don't own.