Rush re-releasing Rush-A Show of Hands on "high quality vinyl"

The Analog Cub

I dont see this as a cash cow. New vinyl releases is something I thought plenty of fans wanted. They better do this with the Atlantic releases too. A real Test for Echo lp finally. And maybe Different Stages.

I agree with Test For Echo, but Different Stages? That will be like 10 vinyls...

I'm sure you would buy it.

I dont see this as a cash cow. New vinyl releases is something I thought plenty of fans wanted. They better do this with the Atlantic releases too. A real Test for Echo lp finally. And maybe Different Stages.

I agree with Test For Echo, but Different Stages? That will be like 10 vinyls...

Ofcourse I would. :P But on the other hand I am a Rush-fanboi, I buy everything they sell, so the question would be.. Would a average Rush-fan buy it?

Ofcourse I would. :P But on the other hand I am a Rush-fanboi, I buy everything they sell, so the question would be.. Would a average Rush-fan buy it?

I don't know what an "average" Rush fan is. The ones who only own Chronicles, 2112, and Moving Pictures?

It's nice that they're going to be available for those who want them.

Sure is, I know I will buy them all twice! One to keep safe, and one to listen to.

I'll recommend thrice, just to make sure someone in the year 2112 will find them ready to rock.

;)

It's nice that they're going to be available for those who want them.

Sure is, I know I will buy them all twice! One to keep safe, and one to listen to.

I'll recommend thrice, just to make sure someone in the year 2112 will find them ready to rock.

;)

You are right! :o

• Like 1

They need to release them all on 8-track. That's the fidelity I miss.

With mp3 downloads, of course.

I almost don't know what that is, its kinda dead...

So true, mp3 IS dead. :P

Don't know why they don't offer a lossless download?

That's for the next releases.

I'll just continue to go with the sh*t quality vinyl I have....

I still enjoy my sh*t quality original vinyl of Moving Pictures I bought for $40.

$40?

Really. I don't really remember back then but it couldn't have been more than 10 bucks could it?...

I bought it from some record shop 4 years ago that had like an underground basement full of vintage vinyls. Yeah, $40 seems like a lot for a vintage album but I didn't know better at the time cause I was just starting out collecting vinyl. I was being a bit sarcastic when I said it was sh*t quality vinyl, it's actually in very good condition.

• Like 1

I'll just continue to go with the sh*t quality vinyl I have....

I still enjoy my sh*t quality original vinyl of Moving Pictures I bought for $40.

$40?

Really. I don't really remember back then but it couldn't have been more than 10 bucks could it?...

I bought it from some record shop 4 years ago that had like an underground basement full of vintage vinyls. Yeah, $40 seems like a lot for a vintage album but I didn't know better at the time cause I was just starting out collecting vinyl. I was being a bit sarcastic when I said it was sh*t quality vinyl, it's actually in very good condition.

It now makes sense that it was 40 bucks.... Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

At the moment it seems that they try to survive 2015, with some (awesome) releases, just to load their batteries for a 2016 tour.

At the moment it seems that they try to survive 2015, with some (awesome) releases, just to load their batteries for a 2016 tour.

In 2016, Neil will be 64. Just saying. I understand Buddy Rich was still drumming away well into his seventies, but not every drummer is Buddy Rich.

I thought Neil said in his blog (I didn't read it) that the tour starts in May 2015?

I thought Neil said in his blog (I didn't read it) that the tour starts in May 2015?

Haven't read through the whole thing cause it was pretty obvious, that there's nothing Rush related in it, at all. Has he said that? :huh:

It's about time they re-release everything on vinyl. The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd have all done it, why complain about Rush? Rush has gained a ton of fans in the last 10 years, why not give them a chance to get there albums on vinyl?
  • Like 4