What's Your IQ?

Disk98

Please. Imagine if I started a thread boasting that I had a 165 IQ? (And I know I just set myself up for some funnies).

I don't appreciate your attention whoring.

The most vivid imagination couldn't do that.

Was that funny enough? I can do better if it doesn't meet with your approval. Just let me know. :)

Please. Imagine if I started a thread boasting that I had a 165 IQ? (And I know I just set myself up for some funnies).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z1V1uSP14Ok/U7CP-XrJNaI/AAAAAAAAEXM/H7m8eJJHWeY/s1600/pot+calls+kettle+black.png

Of course. There has to be the "Alpha" Attention Whore. ;)

The most vivid imagination couldn't do that.

Was that funny enough? I can do better if it doesn't meet with your approval. Just let me know. :)

Try again.

My IQ is so complex that the only way to calculate it is by using this:

http://hotdigitalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/TheGeometricThetaCorrespondenceforHilbertModularSurfaces_610x211.png

Context, please. This would make sense if I knew the meaning of γ, ψ, and μ in this context.

strength, firepower, courage

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z1V1uSP14Ok/U7CP-XrJNaI/AAAAAAAAEXM/H7m8eJJHWeY/s1600/pot+calls+kettle+black.png

:laughing guy: .....

http://hotdigitalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/TheGeometricThetaCorrespondenceforHilbertModularSurfaces_610x211.png

You have a complex IQ?

So part of it is imaginary... ;)

You have a complex IQ?

So part of it is imaginary... ;)

Why are you assuming I'm human?

I'm not boasting. I'm sharing. This all started, by the way, because of that Speed of Love thread. I don't care about attention. I'd share if it were 80, I'd share if it were 200. I don't care. You're being very condescending and arrogant, and I don't appreciate it.

I'm not boasting. I'm sharing. This all started, by the way, because of that Speed of Love thread. I don't care about attention. I'd share if it were 80, I'd share if it were 200. I don't care. You're being very condescending and arrogant, and I don't appreciate it.

You don't have to.

Scored 142 in provincial high school program they had at the time. It gave me an opportunity to take part in a 5 credit course where I could do whatever I wanted. I didn't show up once! Soon after I dropped out of school and I've smoked a fair bit of weed since then so who knows where I'm at now :P
  • Like 1

Rush is a thinking man (or woman)'s band. That must mean there are some pretty bright people around here. What is your IQ?

Mine is 165.

A question clearly not on the test:

If I start a thread touting an IQ more than 4 standard deviations above average, I will get ____________ responses.

• Like 2

Rush is a thinking man (or woman)'s band. That must mean there are some pretty bright people around here. What is your IQ?

Mine is 165.

A question clearly not on the test:

If I start a thread touting an IQ more than 4 standard deviations above average, I will get ____________ responses.

Uh…mixed?

According to the quiz littlerushmonkey provided, I'm somewhere between 133 and 149

Mine is 165.

Yet you haven't got the intelligence to notice you are making a giant cock of yourself.

Only an idiot would be interested in his IQ.

• Like 2

Mine is 165.

Yet you haven't got the intelligence to notice you are making a giant cock of yourself.

Only an idiot would be interested in his IQ.

I love when people are blunt.

High IQ doesn't mean High "common-sense" or "self-awareness".

Actually "intelligent" people are more likely to act like giant cocks...

Edited by savagegrace26

How relevant:

http://www.clsnyder.com/WordPress/2006/08/04/are-smart-people-jerks/

Are smart people jerks ?

Are smart people jerks?

Albert Einstein is generally remembered as a “warm and fuzzy”, congenial teddy bear of a man, who also happened to be an off the charts genius. The popular perception of the “absent minded Professor” also fits this stereotype. However, another stereotype is that of the autistic, aloof, introverted, socially inept but brilliant geek who generally dislikes people, and avoids contact with them. Some studies of “techies” have confirmed a high incidence of Asperger’s syndrome, suggesting that perhaps the latter stereotype is more apt to be correct.

It has long been my experience that, at least in the world of surgery, a “nice” surgeon would have a relatively equal likelihood of being “good”: i.e., technically skilled, well read, efficient, and generally skillful. However, surgeons who most people would consider “jerks” i.e. unfriendly, short tempered, and generally lacking a good bedside manner, have a much higher chance of being “good surgeons”. The rationale proffered for this is that if an incompetent surgeon is a pleasant fellow; nice, easy to get along with, well liked, then his or her incompetence will be “put up with” or at least tolerated by associates, underlings, et cetera. However, if a generally nasty person is also incompetent; coworkers, associates, underlings, will have a much lower threshold for tolerating the person, and would be likely to complain, censure, etc. this individual. Although obvious, this is not an argument in favor of surgeons or anyone else acting like a jerk. Recalling basic logic 101, if 99% of people who are 6’5″ tall are men, it does not follow that all men are 6’5″ tall.

An alternative explanation was recently noted in an article about extremely high IQ individuals. The article pointed out that, if the average IQs is 100 “by definition”, and a mildly retarded person (IQ of 75 to 80) interact for long periods of time, the person of average intelligence is likely to become frustrated, and to not have much in common with the mildly retarded individual. This is not to say that the person of average intelligence would have some underlying prejudice against the other person, or would necessarily treat them badly. The idea is simply that a person of average intelligence, if forced to interact 8 to 12 hours a day with people who were mildly to moderately retarded, would likely find it in a difficult and frustrating experience. Therefore, if a person with an IQ of 150 – 160 is exposed on a daily basis to “normal” people (IQ of 100 – 120) they also would likely find it a difficult and frustrating experience, since the difference between their level of intelligence and normal people, and the difference between the normals and retarded individuals (at least in terms of IQ points – a debatable and hotly contested topic) is similar. This argument is used to explain the putative antisocial personality characteristics of the introverted intelligentsia.