Did alex go too far with his rant on RHOF??

nicky6

The best thing about Alex's speech at the RRHOF was his total commitment to it.

The longer it went, the better it was - especially since Geddy and Neil had no clue and smiled nervously while secretly wanting to kill him lol

It helps if you're into that sort of wry, uncomfortable humor (i.e. Larry David or Louie C.K.)

Little did we know just how wry and uncomfortable Louis c.k.'s humor really was, at the time.

:LOL:
  • Like 1

When Jeff Beck was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame as a member of The Yardbirds and later as a solo artist, he provided hilarious spoken and body language rants.

Beck's humorous rants weren't against the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame institution per se, though.

Check it out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_1beFaZ70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2itjtf-jE

Edited by RushFanForever

Ok i can see starting out with it, but i think he went way too far and embarrsed neil and geddy too. He could have started out with it and then gave a little speech. totally not digging that. Iam sure most people didn't get the joke. but the joke went too far.. grow up dude!

Blahblahblah, blah blahblah blib blah. Blah blah blah blah blib blah blah blah.

Personally, I thought it was way too long and drawn out. I have absolutely no problem with Alex supposedly disrespecting the process or poking fun of the RRHOF in general. I just didn’t find it very funny. Everyone got the idea after 10 seconds. I just found myself wanting him to land the plane early into it..

Alex is one of the funniest celebrities I’ve ever seen in interviews and certain situations, so Ii kind of look at it as a lost opportunity to really blast the RRHOF and also show off that sense of humor s little more. He’s great at fhat straight faced deadpan stuff so he could have really done something funny and also have everyone scratching their heads wondering if it was all real or not.

Regardless, Alex can do Whatever the hell he wants on that stage and still be about the coolest MoFo on the planet in my eyes

• Like 1

Personally, I thought it was way too long and drawn out. I have absolutely no problem with Alex supposedly disrespecting the process or poking fun of the RRHOF in general. I just didn’t find it very funny. Everyone got the idea after 10 seconds. I just found myself wanting him to land the plane early into it..

Alex is one of the funniest celebrities I’ve ever seen in interviews and certain situations, so Ii kind of look at it as a lost opportunity to really blast the RRHOF and also show off that sense of humor s little more. He’s great at fhat straight faced deadpan stuff so he could have really done something funny and also have everyone scratching their heads wondering if it was all real or not.

Regardless, Alex can do Whatever the hell he wants on that stage and still be about the coolest MoFo on the planet in my eyes

It wasn't funny, it was hilarious! It's right up there with classic Monty Python skits in my mind.

Not far enough

:LOL:

Yes, considering the jabs the Hall had thrown RUSH's way over the years. In a perfect world, Alex's speech would only be about 2/3 the way through at this point. :P

• Like 2