I'm going for my first ever blood test next week!

treeduck

My biggest question here is why have you never had routine blood tests done periodically in your adult life?

I've never needed one before. I've not even seen my GP since 1989. Hey why go to the doctor if there's nothing wrong with you?

Seriously, I am a veteran of many blood tests. The first time I remember having them was when I was 15- I was taking Accutane, and had to have a blood test every month.

Within the past few years, I've been graced with high blood pressure, and I get blood work done twice a year, on that front. Not a big deal. They never have a problem finding veins on me, hahaha.

It used to be that I didn't watch the blood being drawn out, but now I do.

I think I'd pass out if I saw the blood been drawn out........ :scared:

I didn't used to watch either, but Ive had it done so many times it doesn't bother me anymore to see it happen. But if you're the least bit squeamish, it's best to just look away.

I didn't watch I made sure to look away, and the process was over and all was well, I wasn't even thinking about it, but then a minute later I felt faint and all of a sudden I was out. My body must have decided it was an injury dilated the core blood vessels, which causes the drop in blood pressure, resulting in hypoperfusion to the brain, causing lightheadedness, shock and loss of consciousness.

• Like 1

Seriously, I am a veteran of many blood tests. The first time I remember having them was when I was 15- I was taking Accutane, and had to have a blood test every month.

Within the past few years, I've been graced with high blood pressure, and I get blood work done twice a year, on that front. Not a big deal. They never have a problem finding veins on me, hahaha.

I didn't used to watch either, but Ive had it done so many times it doesn't bother me anymore to see it happen. But if you're the least bit squeamish, it's best to just look away.

I didn't watch I made sure to look away, and the process was over and all was well, I wasn't even thinking about it, but then a minute later I felt faint and all of a sudden I was out. My body must have decided it was an injury dilated the core blood vessels, which causes the drop in blood pressure, resulting in hypoperfusion to the brain, causing lightheadedness, shock and loss of consciousness.

But aside from that, everything was just ducky, right? :P

(I haven't used that term in ages, but I find it to be entirely appropriate here!).

(I haven't used that term in ages, but I find it to be entirely appropriate here!).

No I felt sick as well, but I didn't vomit for another 105 minutes, I had to just lie there with the screen pulled across, once I did I quickly felt better, warmer and more myself. I didn't feel so good though compared to normal it took a few hours sleep, rest, music and a couple of meals to fully restore me.

No I felt sick as well, but I didn't vomit for another 105 minutes, I had to just lie there with the screen pulled across, once I did I quickly felt better, warmer and more myself. I didn't feel so good though compared to normal it took a few hours sleep, rest, music and a couple of meals to fully restore me.

That's kind of bizarre. I never heard of anybody having that kind of reaction before. Fainting, yes but not such a complex reaction.

I'm sorry, mate, I didn't realize that the ill effects lasted that long for you. I wasn't trying to make light of it.

I guess I can see why you were a bit apprehensive about it beforehand!

Been there bro and I feel for you. I had someone come to my house to take a bunch of blood once for an insurance policy. I fainted, threw up and felt sick all night.... :sigh:
  • Like 1

That's kind of bizarre. I never heard of anybody having that kind of reaction before. Fainting, yes but not such a complex reaction.

Yeah tell me about it! :16ton:

• Like 1

I'm sorry, mate, I didn't realize that the ill effects lasted that long for you. I wasn't trying to make light of it.

I guess I can see why you were a bit apprehensive about it beforehand!

No probs mate! :cheers:

:givebeer:

Yeah tell me about it! :16ton:

If you have to do it again please take my advice and have them give you something beforehand to calm you. It has worked for me for years. Valium, Zanax, Ativan something. It will work....
  • Like 1

The blood test results are in and they're normal...

I didn't get any other information though, just "normal".

Next time they ask me to do a blood test I'll say how about a urine test instead? Hopefully though i won't be back for another 25 years...

• Like 4

Next time they ask me to do a blood test I'll say how about a urine test instead? Hopefully though i won't be back for another 25 years...

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

• Like 2

Great news!!! :yay: :clap: :cheerleader:

• Like 2

This kind of stuff is always good to know.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

"normal"?

Are you sure you didn't get someone else's results mate? :LOL:

• Like 3

"normal"?

:LOL:

"normal"?

:LOL:

:16ton:

"normal"?

:laughing guy: .....