I'm going for my first ever blood test next week!

treeduck

Duck, you'll be fine. One jab and it'll be all over. :)

Donating blood, however, is something else. :o (I actually passed out from the one and only time I did that).

Tony Hancock from The Blood Donor: "A pint?! That's nearly an armful!" :P

What if turn away and when I look back the nurse is drinking it?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8xNZa3rZSQc/TLXD9pk5ULI/AAAAAAAACoU/2EIi8dHmFJA/s1600/Zombie+Nurse.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o

In which case, the nurse is a vampire. Or Christopher Lee.

Or maybe the whole medical centre has been overrun by the living dead? :blaze:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwuGTOs1jo

:D

• Like 2

Donating blood, however, is something else. :o (I actually passed out from the one and only time I did that).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8xNZa3rZSQc/TLXD9pk5ULI/AAAAAAAACoU/2EIi8dHmFJA/s1600/Zombie+Nurse.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwuGTOs1jo

:D

Great song! :cool:

• Like 2

Only a problem when you wake up 28 days later. http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/public/style_emoticons/default/zombies.gif

• Like 1

Hey good luck. I have to do that sometime this week and I'm not looking forward to it. I was going to do it on Tuesday but the nurse couldn't find my vein because I didn't drink enough water. I was relieved though because I hate needles and blood too. My mom was also making me feel shitty for being scared. My sister did it and she turned completely white afterwards. :laughing guy:

Ah! THAT'S where my other outfit went!! :D

I've had one or two before... and I'm booked to have one on Thursday...

It's no biggie... just turn away and don't look if you aren't good with needles... all will be well hun! :hug2:

• Like 1

Hey good luck. I have to do that sometime this week and I'm not looking forward to it. I was going to do it on Tuesday but the nurse couldn't find my vein because I didn't drink enough water. I was relieved though because I hate needles and blood too. My mom was also making me feel shitty for being scared. My sister did it and she turned completely white afterwards. :laughing guy:

I can pick any day to go this next week, but I'll go tomorrow and get it over with. So no eating from around 8.30 pm, it's a fasting blood test.

I can pick any day to go this next week, but I'll go tomorrow and get it over with. So no eating from around 8.30 pm, it's a fasting blood test.

Actually I can't go tomorrow :doh: I'll go on Wednesday instead.

Only a problem when you wake up 28 days later. http://www.roamersandlurkers.com/public/style_emoticons/default/zombies.gif

Or 28 Weeks later.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Ok I went and the blood test went well...at first....

The nurse wrapped my right arm up and I looked away and it was just a minor pinprick and a tiny pulsing sensation and it was over. I felt good I felt stronger than a corn fed ox on speed! She asked me to hold this swab on the pinprick bloody hole, no problemo! Then she put one of those round band aids on it.

...Then I felt dizzy all of a sudden, and sick and faint and then the nurse said: Are you ok?? And then I got a good taste of the Vasovagal response, a kind of kaleidoscopic dreamlike array of high speed flashing images across my vision, images of people and things that I don't know anything about! And it was uncomfortable, the more images I saw the more it started to kind of hurt! Then came around and felt like shit! And I had to lie down for two hours before after finally puking I started to reach a shaky normality and got myself out of there!

Good job I didn't give blood they'd end up having to give it me back in a transfusion! :wacko: :LOL: :smoke:

• Like 1

The nurse wrapped my right arm up and I looked away and it was just a minor pinprick and a tiny pulsing sensation and it was over. I felt good I felt stronger than a corn fed ox on speed! She asked me to hold this swab on the pinprick bloody hole, no problemo! Then she put one of those round band aids on it.

...Then I felt dizzy all of a sudden, and sick and faint and then the nurse said: Are you ok?? And then I got a good taste of the Vasovagal response, a kind of kaleidoscopic dreamlike array of high speed flashing images across my vision, images of people and things that I don't know anything about! And it was uncomfortable, the more images I saw the more it started to kind of hurt! Then came around and felt like shit! And I had to lie down for two hours before after finally puking I started to reach a shaky normality and got myself out of there!

Good job I didn't give blood they'd end up having to give it me back in a transfusion! :wacko: :LOL: :smoke:

Duck, what did you smoke?! :smoke:

I've experienced the vasovagal syncope before, it's like being tortured by the evil hyper speed slide projector from hell! When I tripped up on my broken toe back in 2004 I got the flashing images then too! It's like your life passing before you but it's not you or your life! It's like a dream slideshow nightmare!

I've experienced the vasovagal syncope before, it's like being tortured by the evil hyper speed slide projector from hell! When I tripped up on my broken toe back in 2004 I got the flashing images then too! It's like your life passing before you but it's not you or your life! It's like a dream slideshow nightmare!

I have fainted before more than once after it was over and I was sitting there staring at the little cotton ball and band aid... :sigh: :wacko:
  • Like 1

:hug2:

• Like 1

:pussy: :smoke: :givebeer: :hi:

:o :hug2:

• Like 1

Is it like the boat scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

Seriously, I am a veteran of many blood tests. The first time I remember having them was when I was 15- I was taking Accutane, and had to have a blood test every month.

Within the past few years, I've been graced with high blood pressure, and I get blood work done twice a year, on that front. Not a big deal. They never have a problem finding veins on me, hahaha.

It used to be that I didn't watch the blood being drawn out, but now I do.

:pussy: :smoke: :givebeer: :hi:

:cheers:

Seriously, I am a veteran of many blood tests. The first time I remember having them was when I was 15- I was taking Accutane, and had to have a blood test every month.

Within the past few years, I've been graced with high blood pressure, and I get blood work done twice a year, on that front. Not a big deal. They never have a problem finding veins on me, hahaha.

I think I'd pass out if I saw the blood been drawn out........ :scared:

I think I'd pass out if I saw the blood been drawn out........ :scared:

I didn't used to watch either, but Ive had it done so many times it doesn't bother me anymore to see it happen. But if you're the least bit squeamish, it's best to just look away.