I'm going for my first ever blood test next week!

treeduck

It's taken till age 47 before I'm finally going to have one! Anyone else never had a blood test ever?

Btw I don't like needles and I don't like the sight of blood! :oops: In fact I'm like Marnie in the Hitchcock film of the same name, I see red and I go black! :16ton:

I have had plenty of blood tests and was a fainter until the last couple years (with all the medical procedures I have had done). I have fainted at least 25 to 30 times in my life due to needles and medical/dental stuff. My suggestion is get them to prescribe you a Valium or something similar and take it before you go. It will relax you and it really works. Lie down when its done and don't look. Imagining the nurse naked never hurts either. Good luck... :D

Edit: There are alot of dude nurses now so be careful with the naked part....

Edited by Narpski

I've been poked numerous times in my life.. I always give my right arm as I'm left handed, and I get a bruise out of the deal. They put your arm on a cushion, tie it up above the elbow real tight, and you make a fist. Then they insert needle (inside of the elbow) and start the draining.... depends how many things they are testing for, they may draw multiple vials... when done, they release the tie, and you are to hold a cotton ball on the wound for a bit... I never look, and always think of nice things when they are doing it (so I'm not sure if you want to think of the Saints while this is going on :LOL: )

I've been poked numerous times in my life.. I always give my right arm as I'm left handed, and I get a bruise out of the deal. They put your arm on a cushion, tie it up above the elbow real tight, and you make a fist. Then they insert needle (inside of the elbow) and start the draining.... depends how many things they are testing for, they may draw multiple vials... when done, they release the tie, and you are to hold a cotton ball on the wound for a bit... I never look, and always think of nice things when they are doing it (so I'm not sure if you want to think of the Saints while this is going on :LOL: )

On my form it has a list of tests:

Bone Profile

Full Blood Count

Glucose

Liver Function

Lipid Profile

Thyroid

Urea & Electrolytes

Do you have ebola-like symptoms?

Sweating, weakness, stomach pains, shitting myself? I only get those symptoms when I watch the Saints this year.

Who's the chick in your sig? It's bugging me that I don't know...

it's that actress Sarah Carter.

Do you have ebola-like symptoms?

Sweating, weakness, stomach pains, shitting myself? I only get those symptoms when I watch the Saints this year.

I get them when I pick them in my pool every week and they keep f**king losing and at home no less. Bastards.... :rage:

On my form it has a list of tests:

Bone Profile

Full Blood Count

Glucose

Liver Function

Lipid Profile

Thyroid

Urea & Electrolytes

Nothing to fear there. It's just a haemogram, which isn't a big deal until they'll find out that your blood group is ale. :o

• Like 2

I have had plenty of blood tests and was a fainter until the last couple years (with all the medical procedures I have had done). I have fainted at least 25 to 30 times in my life due to needles and medical/dental stuff. My suggestion is get them to prescribe you a Valium or something similar and take it before you go. It will relax you and it really works. Lie down when its done and don't look. Imagining the nurse naked never hurts either. Good luck... :D

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ab/ab71fb12d346749a2625d753529c105a3c67289a0588c8a1661d6ba9061834b0.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ab/ab71fb12d346749a2625d753529c105a3c67289a0588c8a1661d6ba9061834b0.jpg

My point. Thanks.... :)

Duck, you'll be fine. One jab and it'll be all over. :)

Donating blood, however, is something else. :o (I actually passed out from the one and only time I did that).

Tony Hancock from The Blood Donor: "A pint?! That's nearly an armful!" :P

• Like 1

Donating blood, however, is something else. :o (I actually passed out from the one and only time I did that).

What if turn away and when I look back the nurse is drinking it?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8xNZa3rZSQc/TLXD9pk5ULI/AAAAAAAACoU/2EIi8dHmFJA/s1600/Zombie+Nurse.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o

• Like 2

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8xNZa3rZSQc/TLXD9pk5ULI/AAAAAAAACoU/2EIi8dHmFJA/s1600/Zombie+Nurse.jpg

In which case, the nurse is a vampire. Or Christopher Lee.

It's taken till age 47 before I'm finally going to have one! Anyone else never had a blood test ever?

Btw I don't like needles and I don't like the sight of blood! :oops: In fact I'm like Marnie in the Hitchcock film of the same name, I see red and I go black! :16ton:

Why you - you.. HEALTHY FORUMITE you.. but seriously, there's nothing to it mate, so.. relax - it's just a little pin - prick.. there'l be no need for AAARRRRGGGHHHH'S - no need to feel sick.

(see what i did there ;))

• Like 1

In which case, the nurse is a vampire. Or Christopher Lee.

Or maybe the whole medical centre has been overrun by the living dead? :blaze:

• Like 1