Rush cover band uses actual Rush footage in ad

savagegrace26

I'm going to report it...

Why? :D-13:

Well I'm not going to...but using (and misrepresenting) others creative work like that for prmotion without permission nor consent is pure evil.

Ok. I can get behind that.

What's apparent is someone either in that band or connected with that band has mad video editing skills.

Maybe Rush should employ them to do their video's... :drool:

To who the Rush police? :laughing guy:

Are you completely f*cking ignorant?

Just click on the "more" option under the video on the Youtube page, there's a list of things you can report.

And Youtube is notorious for removing unauthorized sh*t. The question is, would Rush care?

This is terrible! Call the Bobbies!

Ahh... I bet Geddy, Neil and Alex wouldn't give a shit. It's Rush cover band promoting the band and making a few lousy bucks for Christ's sakes!

Just click on the "more" option under the video on the Youtube page, there's a list of things you can report.

Go ahead and f*cking do it, see how far you get!!!! Get over it.
  • Like 1

They're pretty good instrumental wise, which is pretty common in tribute bands. That ad is pretty misleading though. There's a tribute band called Caress of Steel that I've seen 3 times and they're really on point. They're one of the rare gems. Edited by thegirlintherushshirt

Savage, I changed the topic title. Your original one, "Surprise Rush Performance on December 6th," while it pertains to what you're posting about, is too HOLY SHIT!!! when seen from the main page.

I was hoping you called him "f***ing ignorant" like he called another member on the first page.

They even have the singer synched with Geddy's vocals. That's really lame. At least use your own voice that you're like actually going to be performing with.

This is how they really sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQKBqLFtmfo

Not that bad. But it's a 4 piece, and I can't wrap my head around a 4 piece Rush cover band.

Same here...If I were to found my own Rush tribute band, I would learn how to play bass and keyboards first. Just seems so much authentic that way.

Savage, I changed the topic title. Your original one, "Surprise Rush Performance on December 6th," while it pertains to what you're posting about, is too HOLY SHIT!!! when seen from the main page.

I was hoping you called him "f***ing ignorant" like he called another member on the first page.

Oh wow, look at that:

Savage, canadianice was being a smartass but he didn't deserve that. Don't talk to people like that here.

Oh wow, look at that:

Savage, canadianice was being a smartass but he didn't deserve that. Don't talk to people like that here.

If someone wants to "act" ignorant then they shouldn't expect not to be called ignorant. He set himself up. Pretty simple.

Oh wow, look at that:

If someone wants to "act" ignorant then they shouldn't expect not to be called ignorant. He set himself up. Pretty simple.

Don't talk to people like that here.

Oh wow, look at that:

People talk to me like that when I give them reason to and I don't bitch about it.

Oh wow, look at that:

People talk to me like that when I give them reason to and I don't bitch about it.

Suggesting anyone should report any sort of copy right violation to YouTube is akin to asking the Cookie Monster to keep an eye on your Chips Ahoy. It's a joke and wasted energy. YouTube only puts that report function in to cover themselves. They don't actually care about copy rights.

Seriously, of all things to get worked up and cuss at people over....

Dude.... relax. Let it go. The karma of our collective pointing and laughing at this cover band for their lame attempt to pawn of actual Rush recordings as their own is more than enough justice for the universe. Geddy, Alex, and Neil will still make their mortgage payments this month.

Oh wow, look at that:

Suggesting anyone should report any sort of copy right violation to YouTube is akin to asking the Cookie Monster to keep an eye on your Chips Ahoy. It's a joke and wasted energy. YouTube only puts that report function in to cover themselves. They don't actually care about copy rights.

Seriously, of all things to get worked up and cuss at people over....

Dude.... relax. Let it go. The karma of our collective pointing and laughing at this cover band for their lame attempt to pawn of actual Rush recordings as their own is more than enough justice for the universe. Geddy, Alex, and Neil will still make their mortgage payments this month.

I've seen quite a few blocked videos and ones that have had the audio taken out. The point is that they're using copyrighted material. I suppose you think people should be able to get away with whatever they want to from a business standpoint? That it's okay to steal as long as you don't get caught? What have things come to where this is seen as all right?

• Like 1

"They don't actually care about copy rights."

Yes, they do. Actually it's a big issue on Youtube. Videos are pulled all the time. Copyright is a big issue on Youtube. I actively do work for people and Youtube videos are sometimes part of it and I have encountered these issues many times. Not to mention it's flat out disrespectful for a cover band to use Rush's actual album tracks to promote themselves. You may not think it's a big deal but it is.

Edited by savagegrace26

I'm editing two projects right now, one is intended for Youtube and another for Kickstarter and there is already a few issues regarding permission and rights regarding of some the content and I'm discussing these issues with my clients for both of these projects. Trust me, I know a few things about this stuff. You can't just take and use anything you want at your own whim, especially if it's for self-promotion or if there is some sort of monetary gain being sought. Edited by savagegrace26

this thread is stupid

LOL!

My original thread title was "Surprise Rush show on December 6th" or something like that. It was changed and ruined my thread...

I understand.

Personally I think this cover band stinks. The guitarist is ok. The drummer looks tired and bored. You can't play Rush music like that on the skins.