Rush cover band uses actual Rush footage in ad

savagegrace26

I guess so. I think it's ridiculous that they used actual Rush songs for this "commercial" than their own cover versions. It kind of pissed me off. Talk about tricky/false advertising. They should use their "own" music. Did they get approval from Rush for this? Edited by savagegrace26

I agree I don't think they should have used the actual Rush music. Looked like footage taken from one of the videos too. I would think they're definitely breaking some kind of copyright.

They even have the singer synched with Geddy's vocals. That's really lame. At least use your own voice that you're like actually going to be performing with.

This is how they really sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQKBqLFtmfo

Edited by savagegrace26

I'm going to report it...

To who the Rush police? :laughing guy:

Are you completely f*cking ignorant?

Just click on the "more" option under the video on the Youtube page, there's a list of things you can report.

Edited by savagegrace26

I could also send it to Rush's label if I felt like it. It's one thing to use Rush's original music tracks for entertaining videos, it's another thing entirely to use it to promote something for monetary gain as I doubt these shows this band are doing are free. Copyright laws exist for a reason.

They even have the singer synched with Geddy's vocals. That's really lame. At least use your own voice that you're like actually going to be performing with.

Not that bad. But it's a 4 piece, and I can't wrap my head around a 4 piece Rush cover band.

• Like 2

Not that bad. But it's a 4 piece, and I can't wrap my head around a 4 piece Rush cover band.

I agree. I used to see the cover band Power Windows on Long Island. They were a 4-piece but at least the singer played bass (they had a separate keyboardist), but just having a guy sing (averagely) and do nothing else is annoying.

Savage, I changed the topic title. Your original one, "Surprise Rush Performance on December 6th," while it pertains to what you're posting about, is too HOLY SHIT!!! when seen from the main page.

Title should be "use actual Rush recordings" but whatever. I initially thought it was a real Rush ad hence my original title and irritation.