Top 5 Home Consoles of All Time

LedRush

What are the best home consoles of all time? Though I change on this, I'm going:

1. NES

2. Atari 2600

3. Sega Genesis

4. SNES

5. Xbox 360

Honorable Mention

PS2

Sega Dreamcast

What are the best home consoles of all time? Though I change on this, I'm going:

1. NES

2. Atari 2600

3. Sega Genesis

4. SNES

5. Xbox 360

Honorable Mention

PS2

Sega Dreamcast

Where is N64?

In no order........

NES

Sega Genesis

N64

Gamecube

xbox360

1. NES

2. Atari 2600

3. Sega Genesis

4. SNES

5. Xbox 360

Honorable Mention

PS2

Sega Dreamcast

Where is N64?

In no order........

NES

Sega Genesis

N64

Gamecube

xbox360

I didn't game much between 1998-2004, so I don't have a love for that system that many do. I played MarioKart 64 and Goldeneye for about 40 hours a week for a semester of college though. I didn't play the Zeldas until I got them on the GameCube in 2005...and they are amazing. But beyond those games, I haven't really played much on the system.

Gotta go with:

1. PS2

2. N64

3. PS3

4. XBOX 360

5. GameCube

PS3? That's the Counterparts of video game consoles. Nic Cage IS crazy!!!

:LOL: I rank PS3 very high because of the exclusives it has provided. The Last Of Us is one of the finest games I have ever played, and the Uncharted and inFamous series are fine pieces of work as well.

1. NES

2. Atari 2600

3. Sega Genesis

4. SNES

5. Xbox 360

Honorable Mention

PS2

Sega Dreamcast

Where is N64?

In no order........

NES

Sega Genesis

N64

Gamecube

xbox360

I didn't game much between 1998-2004, so I don't have a love for that system that many do. I played MarioKart 64 and Goldeneye for about 40 hours a week for a semester of college though. I didn't play the Zeldas until I got them on the GameCube in 2005...and they are amazing. But beyond those games, I haven't really played much on the system.

N64 and Gamecube both suffer in that they really don't have that many games worth playing. But the ones worth playing are some of the best games ever created. Goldeneye, Smash Bros. Melee, and Zelda Wind Waker are among the few.

Also, am I the only one who likes Pokemon Snap? That game was awesome.

1. NES

2. Atari 2600

3. Sega Genesis

4. SNES

5. Xbox 360

Honorable Mention

PS2

Sega Dreamcast

Where is N64?

In no order........

NES

Sega Genesis

N64

Gamecube

xbox360

N64 and Gamecube both suffer in that they really don't have that many games worth playing. But the ones worth playing are some of the best games ever created. Goldeneye, Smash Bros. Melee, and Zelda Wind Waker are among the few.

Also, am I the only one who likes Pokemon Snap? That game was awesome.

You're right on this. I loved my GameCube, but it just doesn't have the volume of games that other systems had. That's no so much of an issue because I get every major console in a generation now, and there are more games to play than I possibly ever could. I've never played a Pokemon game, though.

Gotta go with:

1. PS2

2. N64

3. PS3

4. XBOX 360

5. GameCube

:LOL: I rank PS3 very high because of the exclusives it has provided. The Last Of Us is one of the finest games I have ever played, and the Uncharted and inFamous series are fine pieces of work as well.

I put the 360 on the list because it really perfected the online aspect of gaming and had a ton of exclusives in the FPS/3PS department, and had a controller than people without midget hands could comfortably use (really, one of the best controllers ever)

Yeah, I haven't decided whether or not to play Last of Us on the PS3 or PS4 (I already have a PS3 copy, just haven't played it). Uncharted was great fun, but I never got into Infamous.

Edited by LedRush

I put the 360 on the list because it really perfected the online aspect of gaming and had a ton of exclusives in the FPS/3PS department, and had a controller than people without midget hands could comfortably use (really, one of the best controllers ever)

Well since you went ahead and put that in there...

Yes, XBOX Live was executed very well. As far as the shooting genre goes, I've never been that diehard a fan of it. I grew out of Call of Duty after MW2 and never was a fan of Halo minus the hilarious custom games like monster trucks and fat kid.

A lot of people complain about the PS3 controller but I never had a problem. Given that, I do have smaller than average hands (but with long fingers so perfect for guitar). The 360 controller was designed very well, so comfortable to use, but really I could take either one.

Well since you went ahead and put that in there...

Yes, XBOX Live was executed very well. As far as the shooting genre goes, I've never been that diehard a fan of it. I grew out of Call of Duty after MW2 and never was a fan of Halo minus the hilarious custom games like monster trucks and fat kid.

A lot of people complain about the PS3 controller but I never had a problem. Given that, I do have smaller than average hands (but with long fingers so perfect for guitar). The 360 controller was designed very well, so comfortable to use, but really I could take either one.

Sorry, I don't know how I put that in there.

• Like 1

#1 NES

#2 PS2

#3 Atari 2600

#4 XBOX 360

#5 PS1

Damn, this was HARD. Weird to not have the SNES or Genesis on this but this is an opinion poll.

Gotta go with:

1. PS2

2. N64

3. PS3

4. XBOX 360

5. GameCube

Yeah, I haven't decided whether or not to play Last of Us on the PS3 or PS4 (I already have a PS3 copy, just haven't played it). Uncharted was great fun, but I never got into Infamous.

infamous looked like a lame version of prototype to me

the n64 is awesome, but I think nostalgia makes folks think it's better than it is.

outside of nintendo and rare stuff, there wasn't a whole lot of great shit. no rpgs except quest 64, no exclusives for adults except perfect dark and goldeneye...

Difficult...

1. NES

2. NGC

3. N64

4. GBA

5. 3DS

Home consoles...otherwise the Gameboy (and maybe the DS) would have made my list

My bad, careless oversight...

In my defense, I never leave my home :huh:

1. NES

2. NGC

3. N64

4. PS1

5. (I don't care at this point)

some of yall got your goggles on!

the n64 is awesome, but I think nostalgia makes folks think it's better than it is.

Agreed, but as for me, I'm not trying to be objective and basing this on sales, innovation, or anything like that. Nostalgia can be as much of a factor as it'd like to be in determining a personal top 5 :D

an objective top 5 would have to include the NES ranked at or near the top.

outside of nintendo and rare stuff, there wasn't a whole lot of great shit. no rpgs except quest 64, no exclusives for adults except perfect dark and goldeneye...

I think that most of people who complain that nintendo doesn't have adult games are tweeners and teens....adults actually like the stuff.

I think that most of people who complain that nintendo doesn't have adult games are tweeners and teens....adults actually like the stuff.

Those people are also probably people who only play shooters or horrors. Just because a game is cartoony doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it!

• Like 1

Those people are also probably people who only play shooters or horrors. Just because a game is cartoony doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it!

It's pretty shocking to me that Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask wouldn't be considered games for adults...that they happen to be two of the best video games of all time is the frosting on the cake. Mario 64, MarioKart 64, Donkey Kong 64, and SSB are all great games that any non developmentally challenged adult can enjoy. Plus there were great racing games and the sports games played better on it than the PS1.

It's pretty shocking to me that Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask wouldn't be considered games for adults...that they happen to be two of the best video games of all time is the frosting on the cake. Mario 64, MarioKart 64, Donkey Kong 64, and SSB are all great games that any non developmentally challenged adult can enjoy. Plus there were great racing games and the sports games played better on it than the PS1.

Hell, other than the Crash Bandicoot stuff or Castlevania: SotN I can't remember any good PSOne games.