• The Spirit of Radio
    • The Big Money
    • Force Ten
    • Dreamline
    • Tom Sawyer
    • The R30 Overture
    • Limelight
    • Subdivisions

I would like to see Caravan as an opener. That would be beyond awesome.

It did open the second set this last tour. So that almost counts. :)

:) Yeah, almost. Caravan has a lot of power in the main riff. It's just a total bada** song. Perfect to open up a show.

R30 Overture/TSOR opener is the best idea they ever came up with. If there is a 40th (41st) anniversary show - I hope they come up with something similar.

Other than that, I've always had a soft spot for Force Ten kicking off the show.

• Like 2

R30 Overture/TSOR opener is the best idea they ever came up with. If there is a 40th (41st) anniversary show - I hope they come up with something similar.

Other than that, I've always had a soft spot for Force Ten kicking off the show.

I would like a medley again too since it seems it's the only way we're going to hear some of the more obscure stuff.

• Like 2

I would like a medley again too since it seems it's the only way we're going to hear some of the more obscure stuff.

Agreed. So many great riffs that I'd love to hear live. I can accept that Ged can't song them anymore, and that a show would be too long to play all those tracks. So a teaser is good enough for me.
  • Like 1

I want them to open with Xanadu !!

Nice idea, but you don't really want that if you want all the majesty of the preamble to the song to have a chance to get played.

If it were to open, it would probably kick right in from the opening riffs without the preamble (or a very, VERY abbreviated version of it attached).

To get the full majesty of that song it has to be a little later in the set, IMO...maybe even a set-closer.

Would be a great opening song if we could guarantee the full intro into it, no doubt.

While on this topic, who out there has seen a band live that has technically played the same song twice in the same concert?

I know that Queen used to open with an abbreviated version of "We Will Rock You" and then played the regular version later in the show.

I once saw Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe and they played an instrumental version of "Heard of the Sunrise" and then played the whole song later. It became a big joke between my brother and I. When we saw Yes for the Union tour, we were taking over/under bets on the number of times they'd play that song.