Song you always skip

Rutlefan

Nope. Never skip.

I can buy that with Rush, but even non-Rush acts? Going back to Double Fantasy, does anyone willingly subject themselves to this? Noriega wouldn't have lasted a day if we had played this instead.

A "Noriega" reference!!!

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Um....entire albums. LOL. Feedback. TFE. VT. Not even one song makes my playlist.

Ehh, might as well admit CoS doesn't get one track either.

Not the biggest fan of Vital Signs either.

And don't even get me started on Hemispheres or FWTK.

Wait...am I really a Rush fan?

;)

No. Card please.
  • Like 1

La Villa Strangiato

No... just kidding. I never skip anything and certainly not La Villa Strangiato :)

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

The last two on HYF is a given. Very convenient too... :)

I even have them deleted from my digital copy. Pointless songs.

Neil Peart (1988): "I always feel comfortable when I'm near water, be it the sound of the ocean or even the refreshing feeling of a dip in the swimming pool. I remember being in the center of one of Japan's biggest cities and the noise pollution was incredible. But right in the middle was this garden with a small waterfall that ran over a bunch of stones. It was designed in such a way that if you sat by the waterfall, the sound of water would drown out all the surrounding noises. I think the Japanese understand the therapeutic nature of water better than most." (thanks, Mike - Mountlake Terrace, Washington)

:goodone: The water takes me home...
  • Like 2

None....If I'm in on an album, I'm listening to the whole thing...Not "anal" about any tunes, really. Truthfully, I'm anal about bot listening to an entire disc before pulling it out of the player... If I get a recording of tonight's (5/8/15) show, I'll let the disc I have in the car player finish before pulling it and putting in the new show... Not sure why that bugs me?!?!?!

Everything they have recorded since the year 2000 sans ceiling unlimited and earthshine.gosh i feel like a jerk posting this Edited by patjnev
  • Like 1

I know this is jacked upbut I always skip by Tor and the snowdog. I know thats really messed up, it just never really did anything for me. Edited by robertrobyn

Always skip:

Dog Years

Virtuality

The Necromancer

The Fountain of Lameness

High Water (only bad song on an other wise perfect album - yes Tai Shan is great!!)

VT - the entire album.

Almost always skip:

YYZ

Mal Nar

Often skip / Rarely listen to:

The ST album - I can get the great Working Man elsewhere and the rest of the album does nothing for me

Most of the albums I don't skip anything.

I usually skip Superconductor and Anagram on Presto, and sometimes Witch Hunt on Moving Pictures. I used to skip Spindrift but no more.

Clockwork Angels is an album where I would never skip or change the order - it is a journey and it works as written.

The entire first album.

Rivendell

The Necromancer

The Fountain of Lamenth

Marathon

Anagram

Alien Shore

Speed of Love

Carve Away the Stone

Faithless

Bravest Face (this has nothing to do with the song, it was an ex's favorite Rush song, and so the association just makes me sad)

I actually had to think very hard about this, as I tend to listen to the whole album, and not skip a single song. I recently listened to the albums from start to finish after getting the new remasters, and I only skipped one track:

Tai Shan.

And that's not because I dislike it. I don't mind it really, but I just wasn't 'in the mood' for it. :D Other than that, I didn't skip a single song on my last listen to all of Rush's catalog. This will likely change as I listen to them more, but I'm the sort of guy who tends to appreciate a band's entire output. Same with Genesis and Yes; I rarely skip anything, just the odd song here and there.

Over the years I have completely fallen out of love with Natural Science. I have no idea why. I do skip it often. :huh:

This sounds serious! Better See a doctor asap. Kiding of course but to me ns is the best rush tune ever.

It seems like some of the 70s music was a "had to be there to fully appreciate" In terms of 70s pop culture. Sci fi tolkien influences etc

Edited by tangy