How come Buck Dharma never comes out when talking about axe men?

H. P. L.

Between yesterday and today I was playing some BOC, I'm actually trying to get back into the band, and it came to my mind that whenever a "Best guitarist" pool comes out, Roeser is never there with the usual gods. I mean, for all I hear, he can play a mean lead guitar and has a great sense of melody. Maybe his tone is a little "old", but that goes for a lot.

So, what do you think? Is he just underrated, or is he just flash?

• Like 2

Buck is a fantastic guitar player. The version of Astronomy on Some Enchanted Evening is among my favourite solos.
  • Like 3

many younger music fans (who are, obviously, the ones who currently run music journalism) seem to think of blue oyster as a three-hit wonder shitrock band for loser uncles. lots of powerful music is written off for silly reasons
  • Like 2

many younger music fans (who are, obviously, the ones who currently run music journalism) seem to think of blue oyster as a three-hit wonder shitrock band for loser uncles. lots of powerful music is written off for silly reasons

If you only focus on their hits, buck deserves to be well spoken of. Great melodic chops in those solos.

• Like 1

He's very melodic and has produced some memorable solos. Maybe he doesn't get the props because he isn't as flashy as many of his contemporaries, maybe it's a band image thing, or a personal image thing?

Now what would be wrong in his personal image, I can't possibly imagine...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OI6YmYS_QtY/TkmQgy5XkJI/AAAAAAAABak/G5imf1DO-W8/s1600/boc+buck+dharma+1981.jpg

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol:

• Like 2

Between yesterday and today I was playing some BOC, I'm actually trying to get back into the band, and it came to my mind that whenever a "Best guitarist" pool comes out, Roeser is never there with the usual gods. I mean, for all I hear, he can play a mean lead guitar and has a great sense of melody. Maybe his tone is a little "old", but that goes for a lot.

HE IS A LEGEND! I catch BOC once a year!! Buck is the most underrated guitar player in the WORLD!! Vocally he is amazing too.

BOC IS IN MY TOP FIVE BANDS OF ALL TIME!!!

"Mirrors" is also one of the most underrated albums in the world!! "The Vigil" and "In Thee." Are you kidding me? EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

HE IS A LEGEND! I catch BOC once a year!! Buck is the most underrated guitar player in the WORLD!! Vocally he is amazing too.

"Mirrors" is also one of the most underrated albums in the world!! "The Vigil" and "In Thee." Are you kidding me? EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally love Mirrors. Stylish guitar player whose time ended too early, considering the body of work.

Totally love Mirrors. Stylish guitar player whose time ended too early, considering the body of work.

He's still out there isn't he playing like a demon?? :guitar:

Hell yes! BOC is a touring machine!! They are touring right now! They have some 2015 dates too!!

They will tour until they die.

"DON'T FEAR THE REAPER" BUCK!

• Like 1

He's very melodic and has produced some memorable solos. Maybe he doesn't get the props because he isn't as flashy as many of his contemporaries, maybe it's a band image thing, or a personal image thing?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OI6YmYS_QtY/TkmQgy5XkJI/AAAAAAAABak/G5imf1DO-W8/s1600/boc+buck+dharma+1981.jpg

That's pretty bad but it's not what's on the outside that counts. It's what's on the inside that makes him a guitar legend. JMO

• Like 3

Found this interesting article by Julian Cope (I think it's THE Julian Cope):

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/blue-oyster-cult-in-your-dreams-or-in-my-hole

What do you think? Do you agree that the "darkness" of early BOC was almost solely inflicted by Sandy Pearlman? Were they just a rock band with an occult black jacket that they stole in the wardrobe room?

That's pretty bad but it's not what's on the outside that counts. It's what's on the inside that makes him a guitar legend. JMO

Nice 70's wrist bands. :codger: :D

Hell yes! BOC is a touring machine!! They are touring right now! They have some 2015 dates too!!

They will tour until they die.

"DON'T FEAR THE REAPER" BUCK!

Yeah,

Saw BOC & BTO this past August at the Alaska State Fair. :hail: