I must have front row!!! How do I make it happen?

djfunkywill

This (2015) will be the year I go all out and do everything in my power to get front row seats to Rush. Now that I have that plan, what would be the best way to carry it out?

Ticketmaster/Live Nation- presale?

Secondary market?

Fan club presale?

How much should I expect to spend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Will

•  

• Like 1

You won't get front row by trying any of those methods unless you get extremely lucky. Aside from knowing someone who could hook you up with front row tickets, the best way to make sure you get them is to try on a site like StubHub. I got front row tickets for the Time Machine tour on there but expect to pay a lot for the tickets if you decide to go that route. As for how much they'll be? It's whatever price the seller is asking for the tickets. It could be face value or double that.
  • Like 1

Front row is so overrated in my opinion. Sit further back, see the WHOLE show.

Fraroc, you are much too sane and well-balanced for this site. Obviously some liberal group planted you here to undermine everyone's awesomeness.

• Like 2

Front row is so overrated in my opinion. Sit further back, see the WHOLE show.

Fraroc, you are much too sane and well-balanced for this site. Obviously some liberal group planted you here to undermine everyone's awesomeness.

Really? Usually, I'd like to believe that I'm the one with the off the wall ideas and says the stupidest stuff.

I've seen the whole show during all six shows I've seen. I've been as close as the seventh row and as far back as the fifty-third. No matter how close or how far away I've been I have always felt two things: pure joy at seeing the band I adore once again and a light hint of envy at those lucky souls sitting front and center close enough to tie someone's shoelaces together.
  • Like 1

Get yourself a crapload of expendable cash...and some luck.

I got really lucky (on Ticketmaster)...finally getting a chance at Front Row on the CA Tour back in 2012.

It was an awesome experience, no doubt...but I'm not sure I could afford it again this time around.

Good Luck to you! :cheers:

So here is the situation in slightly more detail... As a man of modest means, I need to convert $400 and two second row tickets to Fleetwood Mac in DC into two front row RUSH seats somewhere in the mid-Atlantic US. Maybe I'm working too hard for a tour that isn't official yet but I need to make this happen.

I saw that Ticketmaster now offers "Platinum Tickets" which are very close to the stage for a premium price. Second row Fleetwood Mac tickets like mine sold for $650. I'm hopeful I can sell mine for that much even though the resale on Ticketmaster for these is $2k each. So I'm hoping once I sell my tickets I can find "Platinum Tickets" for RUSH. Maybe buying a VIP package at the opening minute of presale would give me a good chance for front row. Last resort might be Stubhub but I suspect that is the most expensive option. I also wonder if a ticket dealer would work out a trade... assuming RUSH tickets are on sale by the FMac concert January 30th.

Sorry for the boring details but I would definitely appreciate any thoughts, opinions or ideas that could make this happen.

-Will

LOL! Front row is over-rated. I like sitting about 3 rows back, you can see everything on stage and you don't have some drunk ass hole leaning on you as he tries to push his way past you to hang on the barrier.

Now if you really want the "Rush experience" that will bake your noodle, get a hold of a media credential with a photo pass and get into the photo pit. That is insane!

Edited by Motorshooter

LOL! Front row is over-rated. I like sitting about 3 rows back, you can see everything on stage and you don't have some drunk ass hole leaning on you as he tries to push his way past you to hang on the barrier.

Now if you really want the "Rush experience" that will bake your noodle, get a hold of a media credential with a photo pass and get into the photo pit. That is insane!

Those who say this must be the ones that never been on first row....

I was on first row TWICE during Clock Tour. First one infront of Alex, second time infront of Geddy. And I'm telling you... It was a awesome feeling!!!

I will be on first row again next tour. What I do is, I go there the day before and just sit and wait whole night, and then when they let me in, I just run like hell!

• Like 2

This (2015) will be the year I go all out and do everything in my power to get front row seats to Rush. Now that I have that plan, what would be the best way to carry it out?

Ticketmaster/Live Nation- presale?

Secondary market?

Fan club presale?

How much should I expect to spend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Will

•  

Hi to all on this thread. So... I have done something epically stupid. I found front row tickets (front and center!) and i snatched them up thinking they were face value.. well they were re-sale tickets. I didn't even KNOW you could re-sell tickets on TM. I tried explaining to ticket master that I didn't know, but of course they would not give me a refund. I'm only looking for what i paid for the tickets.. message me back if interested.. (ugh stupid stupid stupid..) I'm hating life right now.

It is easier to see the whole stage from a few rows back. You still get the intimate eye contact thing as well.

Definitely! BEST seats I ever had were in Scranton for the 2002 show....Center section about 7 rows back....You weren't on TOP of the stage, you got to see everything, and your head wasn't overly blasted off by the sound! (Plus the boys still made eye contact with you) heck...I had eye contact with Geddy about 10-15 rows back on the 84 tour in Philly! He was even busting on my head bobbing by doing the same thing I was doing then pointing and laughing!

• Like 1