Yes, an insult to fans but - - - -

nicky6

Look at all the fan boi types coming out to defend the band's gouging of the real fans.

What makes you qualified to determine the "real fan" from a "fan boi type"?

Edited by Segue Myles

Look at all the fan boi types coming out to defend the band's gouging of the real fans.

What makes you qualified to determine the "real fan" from a "fan boi type"?

Please do not feed the Sheldon.

Am I in his spot?

• Like 1

With age comes wisdom or at least it should. Its about the only advantage aging has... :codger:
  • Like 3

With age comes wisdom or at least it should. Its about the only advantage aging has... :codger:

:sigh: Too true, Narps. :eh:

I love you guys.

We can at least take to heart life's lessons and your many pearls of wisdom. Most of my dearest friends are above the ages of fifty, and I wish they were as young outside as they are on the inside.

Not that being young is equal to having perfect health: see me as one example of how not to be at 24!

• Like 2

I think I'm confident enough in myself as a fan not to buy every edition of every recording in every format ever made several times over. After a while, it starts getting kind of weird.

It's funny...I used to be that way for a very long time. I felt I needed to have EVERYTHING that Rush released.

For example...when S&A was released, I had already pre-ordered the MVI and Vinyl versions of S&A on Backstage Club. I then went to the music store on release day and bought a copy of the album anyways. Then, to top it off...I was in Europe that summer and came across S&A, only they had it in the hard plastic case (rather than the crappy cardboard case), so I bought it JUST for the case. LOL

So...that's four different versions of S&A...mainly "just because".

In recent years...I've cooled off with buying so much. There came a point when I had to start using logic and watching my spending more.

• Like 1

I love you guys.

We can at least take to heart life's lessons and your many pearls of wisdom. Most of my dearest friends are above the ages of fifty, and I wish they were as young outside as they are on the inside.

Not that being young is equal to having perfect health: see me as one example of how not to be at 24!

You are a good man Charlie Brown. Just waiting for your writers block to dissipate in your other thread... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I think I'm confident enough in myself as a fan not to buy every edition of every recording in every format ever made several times over. After a while, it starts getting kind of weird.

It's funny...I used to be that way for a very long time. I felt I needed to have EVERYTHING that Rush released.

For example...when S&A was released, I had already pre-ordered the MVI and Vinyl versions of S&A on Backstage Club. I then went to the music store on release day and bought a copy of the album anyways. Then, to top it off...I was in Europe that summer and came across S&A, only they had it in the hard plastic case (rather than the crappy cardboard case), so I bought it JUST for the case. LOL

So...that's four different versions of S&A...mainly "just because".

In recent years...I've cooled off with buying so much. There came a point when I had to start using logic and watching my spending more.

This^^^ is what I meant regarding age, wisdom and responsability... Edited by Narpski

I love you guys.

Oh...me too. Although I must say I don't look nearly as bad as most my age. I put it down to all that drinking I once did. Must have acted as a preservative. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cheers:

I love you guys.

Oh...me too. Although I must say I don't look nearly as bad as most my age. I put it down to all that drinking I once did. Must have acted as a preservative. :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :cheers:

Oh, if you would only let us be the judge! Or are you really Mona Lisa?

• Like 2

The only band i ever went overboard on was the Beatles......bought it all. Then Stopped cause i scared the shit outta myself, lol. So i sold a ton of stuff.....mostly retread stuff and now i don't go overboard collecting . When it comes to bands now. I have ONE version of albums unless they really offer something Special. And.....if i have albums with bonus tracks. Only the proper album tracks are on my itunes. Yea i scaled back since my teens, lol Oh and i got rid of VT remixed last month. One version of a shitty album is enough.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

the "every other band does this" comments are a bit silly. is this the usual arena rock bubble effect again? because, man, the only bands I see rereleasing their own shit and charging you double are superstars who have enough money already. that's hardly every other band.
  • Like 2

Somehow I never got bit by that bug. I remember seeing Through Time in the record bin back in the late 70s. I picked it up thinking I'd somehow missed the newest release only to discover it was just a goddamn compilation.

If you don't like it, then just don't buy it, no one is holding a gun to your head...

I know I will buy it anyway, thats for sure! I have already pre-ordered the bluray box set from Rush website!

Geddy himself didn't get a free copy? :eh:

Afraid not, I have to buy them as well. :(

You should at least get 1/3 off the price.
  • Like 1

If you don't like it, then just don't buy it, no one is holding a gun to your head...

I know I will buy it anyway, thats for sure! I have already pre-ordered the bluray box set from Rush website!

I tried, but Neil and Alex refuse to give it to me cheaper...

Neil's got to pay for all that McCallan, and Alex...he's always been a jerk.

Try bribery.