What are you doing right now?

GeddyLee

Watching a drunken a-hole make a fool of himself aboard a crowded train.

Watching quiet commuters try to ignore him but quietly loathe him (in their eyebrows and facial exp<b></b>ressions).

Embarrassing. Pathetic. Sad. All of that.

Another chapter of JB's train adventures. :D

:LOL: I'm not even looking for stuff. Everything's just there in front of me :LOL:

Several hours earlier on the way to work there was an older, slightly dissheveled woman sitting by 3 other commuters...

Despite nobody bumping into/touching her, she suddenly screamed "ITAII!!!" ("OUCH!!"). Scared the crap out of everyone except me only because I just happened to be looking in that direction and saw that nothing happened for her to scream that. She then was quiet for the rest of the ride while everyone moved a little bit away and was uneasy.

This is different than the drunken idiot though IMHO. That drunk was babbling for over half an hour!!! He was going on about train announcements, connecting train lines, CATS, time, etc. And he wreaked of booze, ciggies, halitosis, and b.o. I could smell all that from about four feet away! :LOL:

And when I say a 'drunk', I'm referring to a middle aged office worker in a suit...the way it usually goes down out here. Homeless drunks are often meek and avoid others while male, white collar drunks are some of the loudest, most obnoxious, disgusting people around.

:LOL:

Man, I would give any thing to be there witnessing it all. I am always aware of my surroundings and what other people are doing. It's quite amazing while most other people are oblivious. :cool:

Yeah. A lot of stuff passes by Mrs. B too. I pointed out the number of males here openly picking their nose. She thought I was nuts and being overly critical...until I pointed out some dude digging, and another dude digging, and another, and another :LOL: She admitted, "I had no idea. Somehow I never noticed."

It's funny ((to us westerners, or maybe just me)) because blowing your nose in public is considered rude here if it's audible. But nobody cares about or seems to notice nose picking...except me :LOL:

:laughing guy:

So picking is acceptable but blowing is not? Houston, we have a problem. :D BTW, next time when you get off the train. Ask one of them if they need a shovel. :P

Picking is NOT acceptable but nobody gives the digger bad looks if he's digging.

BUT if you blow your nose and it's heard, yeah it can be considered rude. I learned that the hard way when people were giving me dirty looks anytime I blew. I had wondered why they were staring at me since I was just blowing my nose. An ex-gf told me that it was bad manners to do so. And THEN I found it written in some guide book or online.

I asked one of my J-coworkers recently: "What if I'm in a bathroom stall, door closed, and blowing my nose? Is that bad?" He reluctantly answered, "Well, for me it's okay. And generally it should be fine but some people still might think it's bad." The fact that he was hesitant and stated that some still would consider it rude says a lot I think.

• Like 2

Watching quiet commuters try to ignore him but quietly loathe him (in their eyebrows and facial expressions).

:LOL: I'm not even looking for stuff. Everything's just there in front of me :LOL:

Several hours earlier on the way to work there was an older, slightly dissheveled woman sitting by 3 other commuters...

Despite nobody bumping into/touching her, she suddenly screamed "ITAII!!!" ("OUCH!!"). Scared the crap out of everyone except me only because I just happened to be looking in that direction and saw that nothing happened for her to scream that. She then was quiet for the rest of the ride while everyone moved a little bit away and was uneasy.

This is different than the drunken idiot though IMHO. That drunk was babbling for over half an hour!!! He was going on about train announcements, connecting train lines, CATS, time, etc. And he wreaked of booze, ciggies, halitosis, and b.o. I could smell all that from about four feet away! :LOL:

And when I say a 'drunk', I'm referring to a middle aged office worker in a suit...the way it usually goes down out here. Homeless drunks are often meek and avoid others while male, white collar drunks are some of the loudest, most obnoxious, disgusting people around.

Man, I would give any thing to be there witnessing it all. I am always aware of my surroundings and what other people are doing. It's quite amazing while most other people are oblivious. :cool:

Yeah. A lot of stuff passes by Mrs. B too. I pointed out the number of males here openly picking their nose. She thought I was nuts and being overly critical...until I pointed out some dude digging, and another dude digging, and another, and another :LOL: She admitted, "I had no idea. Somehow I never noticed."

It's funny ((to us westerners, or maybe just me)) because blowing your nose in public is considered rude here if it's audible. But nobody cares about or seems to notice nose picking...except me :LOL:

So picking is acceptable but blowing is not? Houston, we have a problem. :D BTW, next time when you get off the train. Ask one of them if they need a shovel. :P

Picking is NOT acceptable but nobody gives the digger bad looks if he's digging.

BUT if you blow your nose and it's heard, yeah it can be considered rude. I learned that the hard way when people were giving me dirty looks anytime I blew. I had wondered why they were staring at me since I was just blowing my nose. An ex-gf told me that it was bad manners to do so. And THEN I found it written in some guide book or online.

I asked one of my J-coworkers recently: "What if I'm in a bathroom stall, door closed, and blowing my nose? Is that bad?" He reluctantly answered, "Well, for me it's okay. And generally it should be fine but some people still might think it's bad." The fact that he was hesitant and stated that some still would consider it rude says a lot I think.

Nose stuff is hard! I know my husband went to China for a teaching conference and was warned about not blowing his nose in public. And apparently if you use a handkerchief (like my dad has, lol) or stick the Kleenex in your pocket until you throw it away it is considered the grossest thing ever. Who knew?

• Like 2

Watching quiet commuters try to ignore him but quietly loathe him (in their eyebrows and facial expressions).

Weird!! :LOL:

Nose stuff is hard! I know my husband went to China for a teaching conference and was warned about not blowing his nose in public. And apparently if you use a handkerchief (like my dad has, lol) or stick the Kleenex in your pocket until you throw it away it is considered the grossest thing ever. Who knew?

But don't some people crap/piss in public?

Watching quiet commuters try to ignore him but quietly loathe him (in their eyebrows and facial exp<b></b>ressions).

Pissing in public seems ubiquitous in Asia...

- see it often enough here from drunk, middle aged, male office workers and sober, young wannabe toughs

- saw this news blip on India in which there was a truck driving around with someone in the back of the truck using a big bastard of a hose to spray people who are urinating on the street. Video showed dudes who were in the middle of pissing being blasted by the hose. :LOL: The sign on the side of the truck said: "You Stop, We Stop" :LOL:

- on a visit to the Philippines I was with some cousins and their adult kids driving to some entertainment/trendy spot in Manila when one of them asked me, "Johnny, do you need to use the restroom because the place we're going is still about half an hour away?" I said 'no'. My cousin's hubby pulled the car over ten seconds later and all the guys jumped out of the car and started pissing about 10 feet from the van on the side of the fairly busy road...at 5pm on a clear, blue sky day. :LOL: All the fems in the car didn't think anything of it. One of my cousin's nieces noticed my surprise and said, "That's usual here." I replied, "Yeah, I think so." :LOL:

I didn't see anyone crapping in public in China but heard about it from those who spent extended time there.

• Like 2

- see it often enough here from drunk, middle aged, male office workers and sober, young wannabe toughs

- saw this news blip on India in which there was a truck driving around with someone in the back of the truck using a big bastard of a hose to spray people who are urinating on the street. Video showed dudes who were in the middle of pissing being blasted by the hose. :LOL: The sign on the side of the truck said: "You Stop, We Stop" :LOL:

- on a visit to the Philippines I was with some cousins and their adult kids driving to some entertainment/trendy spot in Manila when one of them asked me, "Johnny, do you need to use the restroom because the place we're going is still about half an hour away?" I said 'no'. My cousin's hubby pulled the car over ten seconds later and all the guys jumped out of the car and started pissing about 10 feet from the van on the side of the fairly busy road...at 5pm on a clear, blue sky day. :LOL: All the fems in the car didn't think anything of it. One of my cousin's nieces noticed my surprise and said, "That's usual here." I replied, "Yeah, I think so." :LOL:

I didn't see anyone crapping in public in China but heard about it from those who spent extended time there.

You lead an interesting life young man. :D :hail:

• Like 2

:cheers:

It's not that interesting really and I'm not that young anymore :LOL:

But I DO like to talk :LOL:

I'd tell you these same stories and many more in a bar over too many drinks except that I'd likely be more animated than what you can get out of my TRF sentences :P

Someday when you visit Japan I'll point us (you, blueschica, me) in the direction of the nosepickers, street pissers, and other gross citizens on our way to the bar. :LOL:

• Like 2

I'd tell you these same stories and many more in a bar over too many drinks except that I'd likely be more animated than what you can get out of my TRF sentences :P

Someday when you visit Japan I'll point us (you, blueschica, me) in the direction of the nosepickers, street pissers, and other gross citizens on our way to the bar. :LOL:

As long as we still end up at the bar! :D Once our family went to Montreal on vacation. It was a hot day and a really elderly lady was sitting on a store's step with her eyes half closed; she looked sick. I asked if she was OK. She jumped up and said, "I feel OK but I need someone like you to carry my bag to this store and help me run an errand!" Her bag felt like it was full of bricks!! Long story short, a policeman that knew her came by and said he would help her and call her a cab to get home. Apparently she was known for pulling this stunt to meet new people.

I can ignore all kinds of drunks and nose pickers but an old lady scammed me out of my time on vacation ! :P

• Like 2

As long as we still end up at the bar! :D Once our family went to Montreal on vacation. It was a hot day and a really elderly lady was sitting on a store's step with her eyes half closed; she looked sick. I asked if she was OK. She jumped up and said, "I feel OK but I need someone like you to carry my bag to this store and help me run an errand!" Her bag felt like it was full of bricks!! Long story short, a policeman that knew her came by and said he would help her and call her a cab to get home. Apparently she was known for pulling this stunt to meet new people.

I can ignore all kinds of drunks and nose pickers but an old lady scammed me out of my time on vacation ! :P

They would have to throw us out of the bar when it was time to close. :hail:

• Like 2

Troutman, this post is dedicated to you... :LOL:

This isn't now. And I didn't take the pic. My friend took it last Sunday morning while he was riding the train.

The old man in the school girl uniform isn't actually what we think is amusing. We believe the funny bit is the fact that all the commuters are desperately trying to avoid looking at the guy. :LOL:

http://scontent-nrt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/18700069_10156345496390200_1547409763931913935_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=9f9f1b1d20eaaf8b41bd35ad21897371&oe=59C506AE

I occasionally see this kind of cosplay/dress up going down (non-celeb old man in school girl uniform/cheerleader outfit/etc.) and don't think anything really. The guy here is actually a minor celebrity and appears on lame man-on-the-street type variety shows. He's likely on his way to film some stuff but nobody seems to recognize him as the celebrity that he actually is :LOL:

• Like 1

Just finished watching Pirates vs. Tampa Bay Rays . . . Pirates won 4-0 !! A nice evening here.

UGH :( The Rays consistently struggling to stay above .500 but they do have a better record than the Pirates (for now) I sure do miss Maddon :(

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Just finished watching Pirates vs. Tampa Bay Rays . . . Pirates won 4-0 !! A nice evening here.

UGH :( The Rays consistently struggling to stay above .500 but they do have a better record than the Pirates (for now) I sure do miss Maddon :(

Yeah, the Pirates are having kind of a tough year, but things are looking up lately. I think there is a long stand coming up against the Giants and Reds; hopefully that will help a little bit . . . . .

Sweating bullets on the train home from work. It's 8:10pm and a decent 18C/64F outside yet this train is humid as a mofo!!!

The fan is blowing but it might as well not be on. Absolutely useless.

I used to work at the local FORD plant, [now owned by the French FAURENCIA Corp.] they do interior stuff for vehicles, which was what FORD did there also, partially. Working in that place in the spring/summer/fall months was like that...we had BIG JENSEN HV fans, which did NOTHING but push the hot air around. I know what you're talking about! Our plant did Injection molding among other things involving HOT MACHINES. Whew!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Place%20Fixtures/Equipment-%20Industrial%20cooling%20fan.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan