Favorite Geddy-ism?

Geddy's Soul Patch

Geddy has done a lot of little quirky moves on stage over the course of his career. Anybody have a particular favorite? I personally love the little whip crack thing he used to do at the beginning of Big Money, hilarious!!
  • Like 1

My poor memory is so frustrating when I'm trying to recall where I saw this next one....

It's when he does Tom Sawyer. I think it is from Rio, but I'm not positive. I'd have to get the dvd out to get the exact part, but it is after the very last verse. The way his hand goes down that bass arm. :wub:

Edited by Lorraine

I love it when he jumps. I also love the funny faces that he makes, whether he's singing or not. I just love Geddy as a person.
  • Like 1

They do a lot of similar things each tour. I like when he does the bass humping. :D Seems like he did that a lot during YYZ last tour. I remember hearing somewhere that when he hits his head with his hand its supposed to be a signal to the guy running the audio. His little bouncing around the stage is cute too along with the leaps in the air. He did the bouncing thing quite a bit during Far Cry last tour as well.

One time he was just being as Geddy as it gets, and after YYZ on the last tour in Chicago, he said, "It's time to say a farewell to strings."

He's the only one who could get away with such a bad joke in such a charming way.

• Like 1

My mother's neighbor's hairdresser's upholsterer told me that he knows a gardener who used to work at Geddy's summer home and said that he'd invite some guys over after the tour was over and after his friends left he'd hump his bass. Oh, and sway. Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 3

There's this other one that someone called "The Geddy Hop", which he literally does, but what song and concert video I can't say offhand.

There's this other one that someone called "The Geddy Hop", which he literally does, but what song and concert video I can't say offhand.

Vital Signs! Go to 2:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsO778CqRvU

Edited by GeddysMullet

Not sure if it is a favorite, but it's one he has always done... the little open/closed hand blinking while the crowd claps during TSOR.

If anyone can make the goddamn Chicken dance look cool, it's Geddy Lee.

• Like 4

When he does that back and forth thingie with Alex during one of the songs on ASOH.

When he winks at the end of In The Mood on ASOH.

When he does that mini air drum bit during a quiet moment on The Big Money in the aforementioned music video.

• Like 1

One time he was just being as Geddy as it gets, and after YYZ on the last tour in Chicago, he said, "It's time to say a farewell to strings."

He's the only one who could get away with such a bad joke in such a charming way.

Oh man, how'd I miss that?

When did the Stanley Cup come out—was that right before YYZ?