Any Marillion fans out there?

Relayer2112

Consider me an H fan.

Fish with Marillion is genius!

Modern Marillion is a bit more musically challenging but not as....good across the board. All 4 albums they did together are near perfection. I honestly feel like the best album since Hogarth joined was Seasons End, mainly because it was pretty much written when Fish was still in the band.

They are still pretty damn amazing. Rothery baby!!!

I found out an interview with Marc Kelly, enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfJ4aVeoEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chSwn-KyPw

I saw the Rothery interview before but not the Kelly. I'll check this out soon. (In the middle of Flying Colors Second Flight: Live At The Zed 7 at the moment )

Thanks for posting it.

• Like 1

I saw the Rothery interview before but not the Kelly. I'll check this out soon. (In the middle of Flying Colors Second Flight: Live At The Zed 7 at the moment )

Thanks for posting it.

You're welcome! If I find something else interesting, I'll bring it here. :)

• Like 1

Kayleigh was on the radio earlier this week and I've been meaning to look more into Marillion as a band. From what I gather they're like a 1980s new wave band with a lot of 1970s prog influence in their music.
  • Like 1

Kayleigh was on the radio earlier this week and I've been meaning to look more into Marillion as a band. From what I gather they're like a 1980s new wave band with a lot of 1970s prog influence in their music.

Nothing about this band is even remotely "New Wave." Misplaced Childhood is my favorite album of all-time, but I don't think Kayleigh is representative of what they are about.

One of Hogarth's former bands "The Europeans" might be considered "New Wave."

There´s hardly been any band whose two phases are more polarizing than Marillion. And I include Bon Scott vs Brian Johnson, Roth vs Hagar, Dio vs Ozzy, Portnoy vs Mangini, Roger Waters vs sans Roger Waters, Geoff Tate vs Todd La Torre, Bruce x Blaze x Paul etc...

Nothing about this band is even remotely "New Wave." Misplaced Childhood is my favorite album of all-time, but I don't think Kayleigh is representative of what they are about.

One of Hogarth's former bands "The Europeans" might be considered "New Wave."

What, pray tell, is your perception of new wave?

Pseudo Silk Kimono actually made me teary eyed.....

That whole album can get you that kind of reaction. I remember one particular break up with a former girlfriend - all I listened to in the following weeks was Misplaced Childhood.

• Like 1