Winter 2014-2015

Aikenrooster

We're supposed to get down in the teens for the lows beginning next week. YUCK!

Single digit lows here for about the next five days.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

• Like 1

Tomorrow is apparently going to get a hell of a lot colder halfway through.. :scared:

Who's Kenneth?....

Mr. (Is)Not. It's a reference to something that happened a while ago, where substancewithoutstyle thought that I was an alt of IsNot.

Tomorrow is apparently going to get a hell of a lot colder halfway through.. :scared:

Who's Kenneth?....

Mr. (Is)Not. It's a reference to something that happened a while ago, where substancewithoutstyle thought that I was an alt of IsNot.

Whew. That was a close one. There are more than a few Kenneths around here.... :)
  • Like 2

Who's Kenneth?....

Whew. That was a close one. There are more than a few Kenneths around here.... :)

True. I actually thought at first that SWS was saying I was KennyLee... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Who's Kenneth?....

True. I actually thought at first that SWS was saying I was KennyLee... :LOL:

There's at least 4 I know of including me. He's one.... :LOL:

Incredibly beautiful day today. Balmy and sunny. It was at least 75 I would guess. Its all about to change apparently tomorrow. Highs in the 50's and lows around 40 for a while at least.... :eh:

Lows in the 20s's in the 10 day forecast for my end of SC. The cold wave that is clobbering much of the country arrives tonight in SC and plans to settle in for awhile.

Incredibly beautiful day today. Balmy and sunny. It was at least 75 I would guess. Its all about to change apparently tomorrow. Highs in the 50's and lows around 40 for a while at least.... :eh:

Lows in the 20s's in the 10 day forecast for my end of SC. The cold wave that is clobbering much of the country arrives tonight in SC and plans to settle in for awhile.

So I hear. It never lasts long here. The next 65-70 degree day seems always just around the corner...

Winter is a welcome change from summer...

…until it's only mid-January and you're wishing it were summer again.

I don't start pining for summer until late February. That's when cabin fever sets in for me.

I need some help choosing a pair of good winter boots. I don't want anything ugly and would prefer something just about knee length, WARM, and good nonslip soles.

Does anyone, especially my Canadian comrades here, have any suggestions?

Bunny Boots :D

I need some help choosing a pair of good winter boots. I don't want anything ugly and would prefer something just about knee length, WARM, and good nonslip soles.

:codger: Caribou by Sorrel, they are from Canada, that's all I'v worn for 40 years here in Colorado snow country.. Be sure to take the liners out at night. My feet never get cold in them. :smoke:

Let it Snow!!!

• Like 2

Unlike last winter, I am psychologically prepared for an unusually cold winter this time around. So I stepped out on my porch this morning in the unseasonable 30 degree weather and smoked a cig slowly in nothing but a bath robe, just to tell Jack Frost to bring his shit on. I laugh at you Jack Frost. Bring it on
  • Like 3

Unlike last winter, I am psychologically prepared for an unusually cold winter this time around. So I stepped out on my porch this morning in the unseasonable 30 degree weather and smoked a cig slowly in nothing but a bath robe, just to tell Jack Frost to bring his shit on. I laugh at you Jack Frost. Bring it on

Climate change is a com'in to SC.... :)

Tull, how are they on the ice? Do they have good grippers?

They do well, better then a lot of boots out there. Here's the one I have and as you can see they have the nice bottoms, they have other bottom on other boot, but this is the good tread.. But as any thing ICE is Nasty..

http://www.sportsauthority.com/graphics/product_images/pTSA-9692736dt.jpg

• Like 2

We had a little bit of accumulating snow last night but nothing like Cleveland who had 4+ inches.

Yep. Luckily, I was a day late for this! Roads were fine in Cleveland, this morning. Funny, not a trace of snow over here around Norwalk. Yes!

Les Stroud said he was wearing something called mukluks when he was filming in Laborador. I think they're made by the Canadian Inuits.