"Like" Collecting

savagegrace26

I did a little adjusting to the Like system. I took away the ability to Like your own post. That was cheesy.

And I adjusted the reputation levels. It used to be:

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

20 was too low for Excellent. So now we have:

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

I think it's great that this was revamped. But it is biased towards those with more posts. Is there any way to base the rating on the ratio between posts and likes? Because if someone has 50,000 posts and 1,000 likes, that's really not very Stellar. But if someone has 100 posts and 300 likes, that's pretty darned great.

Nope, no way to do a ratio thing. And if you think about it, the way it's set up now is correct. If someone has 50,000 posts, but most of those posts are spam or crap which garnered them relatively few Likes, do they deserve to have their Likes bumped up just because of their artificially-inflated post count?

No way! F*ck mentioned theoretical asshole

:unsure:

I did a little adjusting to the Like system. I took away the ability to Like your own post. That was cheesy.

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

I think it's great that this was revamped. But it is biased towards those with more posts. Is there any way to base the rating on the ratio between posts and likes? Because if someone has 50,000 posts and 1,000 likes, that's really not very Stellar. But if someone has 100 posts and 300 likes, that's pretty darned great.

Nope, no way to do a ratio thing. And if you think about it, the way it's set up now is correct. If someone has 50,000 posts, but most of those posts are spam or crap which garnered them relatively few Likes, do they deserve to have their Likes bumped up just because of their artificially-inflated post count?

Too much Mountain Dew Code Red, Kenneth?

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

Too much Mountain Dew Code Red, Kenneth?

Close - NOS energy drink... It's Halloween, give me a break ;)

• Like 1

Gee...all of this and to think I don't even give a crap about "likes".

I wish I could like this post :(

• Like 2

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

Stellaaaaaaaarrrrrrr! :D

Inter-Stellar?

• Like 2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg/220px-Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg

I don't know if this has been asked on TRF before, but does anyone else think this is a great album?

Yes...

And I did see what you did there...

:P
  • Like 1

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

Stellaaaaaaaarrrrrrr! :D

Inter-Stellar?

:dweez:

• Like 1

Never thought about it... at all.. til now. Just realized I have over 2,112. Do I get a t-shirt or something? :huh:

I want a T-shirt.

Hold out for the waffle iron.

Never thought about it... at all.. til now. Just realized I have over 2,112. Do I get a t-shirt or something? :huh:

I want a T-shirt.

That's right, and don't accept the nut cracker. Crack a few walnuts and the thing is history. :boo hiss:

• Like 1

I want a T-shirt.

That's right, and don't accept the nut cracker. Crack a few walnuts and the thing is history. :boo hiss:

Whose walnuts have you been cracking? :LOL:

I want a T-shirt.

:scared: ouch......
  • Like 1

I want a T-shirt.

:scared: ouch......

Ouch indeed..! :scared:

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

A ratio would expose that, not inflate it. That being said, there is no "correct" way to automatically label someone.
  • Like 1

0 - Neutral

10 - Good

20 - Excellent

Neutral - 0

Good - 25

Very Good - 50

Respectable - 100

Excellent - 500

Stellar - 1000

A ratio would expose that, not inflate it. That being said, there is no "correct" way to automatically label someone.

For example, a very prolific spammer who happens to get a lot of "like"s elsewhere... :D

Likes are overrated. The way I see it, Internet forums are for sharing your opinions with the world. The world doesn't have to like them. Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

but i don't count likes every day.

...I do

...Don't most people?

I always check my likes first. Not in a *mwhaha look at all these!!!* kind of way...but there's a good chance that the things that have been liked might have a response or comment, that I, in turn, can respond to or comment on, and the links in the like notification bar take you directly to the post. Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

No........however i can't deny a tiny bit of satisfaction that people like what i have to say. I'm only human, lol but i don't count likes every day.

Mick

I don't count them but I do check them.

EDIT: realized Your_Lion has said the same thing, only in a better way :LOL:

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1