Favorite Music Video

RushBoingo

Just curious. This has probably been asked before, but I have never seen a topic like it while I have been a member.

For me, its a tie between Subdivisions (Accurate video, and I love the trope of someone watching the band on TV), and The Big Money (Favorite Song, mixed with some awesome 80s CGI)

I did not make this topic a poll due to the fact that some people might consider promotional live clips and lyric videos as music videos, while others may not, so I though everyone could share casually.

Discuss.

Good:

All of the Moving Pictures videos

Subdivisions

Countdown

The Big Money

Mystic Rhythms

Lock and Key

The Pass

Nobody's Hero

Driven

Closer to the Heart (Different Stages)

Malignant Narcissism

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 1

Lots of good ones... Never was to big on Countdown's music video despite it being one of my favorite songs. The rocket footage is cool but the band? Eh.

My favorite is probably "Stick it Out". "Driven" and "Subdivisions" are candidates too.

Don't know if it counts as a video, but from :45 on is all you need to know as to why Rush was the best band on the planet from '77 through '81. Rush Pink Pop '79 is my favorite concert footage, along with Radiohead Belfort '97. Each band was just on another plane at those times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78D00dYOBrM

Edited by Rutlefan

Asking for your favorite Rush video is like asking for your favorite Kiss song.. Rush never made any good videos!

That said (had to get it out!), my favorite is "Driven" because it's crazy and I like the Plymouth Valiant emblem that appears (I'm a car guy lol)

I should mention "The Pass" too. Tasteful video for an excellent song it is !

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

^ I grew up with a Plymouth Valiant LOL. I think they look cool now; when a kid, it was just my mom's clunky car. Unlike a lot of things, cars usually seem better in hindsight.
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if the Time Stand Still video was really just a sick little joke the guys played on us. Not just he worst video in the band's cannon... likely the worst video in history.... which sort of makes it great in a very ironic way.

My favorite Rush video, by the way, is any Rush video that actually gets airplay.