Marvel Studios Phase 3: 2016-2019

Principled Man

I'm glad they made the Infinity Gauntlet two parts. We'll get a nice fleshed out conflict.

I'm not sure how I feel about Benedict Genericbatch as Dr. Strange. He was weak as Khan -- couldn't convey confidence and badassitude at all, but at this point I trust Marvel wholeheartedly.

This is going to be awesome.

A fantastic actor doing a disservice to a beloved Trek villan. It would have been much much better to have him be somebody else in STID.

You know what would have been interesting? Starfleet discovers the Botany Bay and crew in cryo-freeze, and they wake up someone other than Khan. Cumberbatch could have played the super-human "John Harrison" for real, with Khan still in cryo-freeze.

It would have avoided all the "Why did they get a stuffy white Englishman to play Khan?" arguments...... :D

Hey, that's not a bad idea!

Better start with the script for Trek 3 now before the ruin it!

Roberto Orci is writing the script for Trek 3. It's already ruined. Don't believe me? Check out his IMDB page.

I'm glad they made the Infinity Gauntlet two parts. We'll get a nice fleshed out conflict.

I'm not sure how I feel about Benedict Genericbatch as Dr. Strange. He was weak as Khan -- couldn't convey confidence and badassitude at all, but at this point I trust Marvel wholeheartedly.

This is going to be awesome.

A fantastic actor doing a disservice to a beloved Trek villan. It would have been much much better to have him be somebody else in STID.

You know what would have been interesting? Starfleet discovers the Botany Bay and crew in cryo-freeze, and they wake up someone other than Khan. Cumberbatch could have played the super-human "John Harrison" for real, with Khan still in cryo-freeze.

It would have avoided all the "Why did they get a stuffy white Englishman to play Khan?" arguments...... :D

Hey, that's not a bad idea!

Better start with the script for Trek 3 now before the ruin it!

Roberto Orci is writing the script for Trek 3. It's already ruined. Don't believe me? Check out his IMDB page.

If they want to have a good movie I think they should build upon the Klingon encounter from Into Darkness. Have it start out with the Kllingons discovering a Federation type phaser on..... CHRONOS (Yes, let's just completely change the name of the Klingon homeworld suddenly).

But please, no more time travel! It's been done way too much, even in the ST movies I love to death.

So, in light of the fact that phase three of the MCU will soon be upon us, I'm reviving this thread. I think I'll go ahead and state, perhaps obviously, that by now we should be prepared for spoilers from Ant-Man and Age of Ultron. Any spoilers for Civil War and Doctor Strange will be hidden. Of course, I am only going off of promo art and trailers. The team line-ups as follows are...

Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and... possibly Agent 13 (Sharon Carter) but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Iron Man, the Vision, Black Widow, Black Panther, War Machine, and presumably the US government (which means S.H.I.E.L.D?)

I'm not sure if I missed anyone, so feel free to add.

I probably will avoid drawing too many paralells between the Earth-616 (primary Marvel timeline/universe) CW and the MCU (also called Earth-199999) since so much is different. There was no M-Day in this series, and several origin stories are different. But perhaps suffice it to say I am really excited for this film.

I love Ultron, truly. And it was fantastic to see my precious robot perfect red velvet cupcake, too good for this world and too pure, I... I mean the Vision, finally make his debut. But all in all I wasn't terribly impressed with Phase II, save Winter Soldier.

I'm eagle-eyed for any updates on Civil War (because I am hoping a certain couple of misfits are locking lips by the end) but they're starting to release info on the Sorceror Supreme down the road. Any thoughts on either, true believers?

Edited by CMWriter

So, in light of the fact that phase three of the MCU will soon be upon us, I'm reviving this thread. I think I'll go ahead and state, perhaps obviously, that by now we should be prepared for spoilers from Ant-Man and Age of Ultron. Any spoilers for Civil War and Doctor Strange will be hidden. Of course, I am only going off of promo art and trailers. The team line-ups as follows are...

Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and... possibly Agent 13 (Sharon Carter) but someone correct me if I'm wrong

Iron Man, the Vision, Black Widow, Black Panther, War Machine, and presumably the US government (which means S.H.I.E.L.D?)

I probably will avoid drawing too many paralells between the Earth-616 (primary Marvel timeline/universe) CW and the MCU (also called Earth-199999) since so much is different. There was no M-Day in this series, and several origin stories are different. But perhaps suffice it to say I am really excited for this film.

I love Ultron, truly. And it was fantastic to see my precious robot perfect red velvet cupcake, too good for this world and too pure, I... I mean the Vision, finally make his debut. But all in all I wasn't terribly impressed with Phase II, save Winter Soldier.

I'm eagle-eyed for any updates on Civil War (because I am hoping a certain couple of misfits are locking lips by the end) but they're starting to release info on the Sorceror Supreme down the road. Any thoughts on either, true believers?

Where've you been hiding lately??

Where've you been hiding lately??

Uh... if you're truly curious, shoot me a message. Or read my post in Open Secrets. Sometimes you gotta figure yourself out, y'know?

Suffice it to say I am happy to be back at TRF. (:

I like how you think. My thoughts on what will happen regarding our favorite Avenger, Vision, would probably disturb you. Then again, you might be guessing the same thing anyway.

That is, for a certain event to happen, the Mind Stone would need to be....obtained. But don't worry too much. This isn't a spoiler, just a guess.

http://fsi.imeg.cz/img/39169.jpg

http://superherouniverse.com/images/dvd/hulksmashthor.jpg

Hulk's upcoming appearance in Thor 3 is pretty exciting to me. It's a good way to keep him relevant without giving him another solo movie. Ruffalo does fine and the use of Hulk in both Avengers movies has been executed well.

And since he'll be in Asgard, he'll be able to go full-on, hog wild!

They've certainly come a long way.

http://otavafiles.fi/plaza/uploads/images/domefi/viihde/ajankohtaista/2014/hulkthorlee1.png

• Like 1

I like how you think. My thoughts on what will happen regarding our favorite Avenger, Vision, would probably disturb you. Then again, you might be guessing the same thing anyway.

That is, for a certain event to happen, the Mind Stone would need to be....obtained. But don't worry too much. This isn't a spoiler, just a guess.

I have a feeling this will happen but I'm hoping not until infinity war actually happens. I also hope that by that time they've figured out how to keep Vizh around without needing the mind stone. They've transferred his consciousness before. In any case it might be interesting - potential "white" or "ghost" Vision? A girl can dream, no?

As for Hulk, Ragnarok, etc... I really want to see more good development for Bruce Banner. I feel kind of robbed of that. His verbal sparring with Tony in AoU was pretty good IMO and allowed a nice look at his own code of ethics and such.

• Like 1

I have a feeling this will happen but I'm hoping not until infinity war actually happens. I also hope that by that time they've figured out how to keep Vizh around without needing the mind stone. They've transferred his consciousness before. In any case it might be interesting - potential "white" or "ghost" Vision? A girl can dream, no?

As for Hulk, Ragnarok, etc... I really want to see more good development for Bruce Banner. I feel kind of robbed of that. His verbal sparring with Tony in AoU was pretty good IMO and allowed a nice look at his own code of ethics and such.

Well, it kind of HAS TO happen for that glove to work. I imagine it'd happen towards the end of Avengers 3. White Vision is possible (towards the end of Avengers 4?)...though I prefer red. Also, the change from red to white would be too soon IMHO. Think about this though: Look what happened to Pietro. Anything can happen here...and I'm talking about something we both don't want to happen to Vision.

As far as Hulk in Ragnarok, the kind of banter you're hoping for won't happen since he'll be in Asgard with no Stark around. Banner can't have those kinds of conversations with Thor or any of the Asgardians. This'll be about total death and destruction. I mean, it's not going to be called "Ragnarok" for nothing.

This is getting old.

To what are you referring?

I'm not tired of the Marvel films at all. They've done a masterful job with the universe. If they can keep it up, it will be one of the best movie series of all time

I wont slate superhero films, but i miss the high quality dramas of the nineties. Hollywood is creating either epic blockbusters, or sweary, inpenetrable dramas. Films like LA Confidential, The Talented Mr Ripley, Schindler's List and even Titanic were big Hollwood films that were also immensely watchable and, dare i say it, artistically rewarding. No dramas of recent years have leftany sort of impact close to any one of these did on me. Any suggestions? Let me know.

But these big superhero movies are getting on my nerves, the superhero film is the modern western, you see one, you very likely have seen them all. Main exception for me was the wonderful Man of Steel, and i really love the first two Spiderman films with Tobey Maguire.

Boo-hoo. Some of us comic book nerds have been into this stuff for four-plus decades, and are seeing our shared vision come to full fruition.

If it offends you, don't watch it, then passively-aggressively bitch about it on a message board.

End rant.

This is getting old.

To what are you referring?

I'm not tired of the Marvel films at all. They've done a masterful job with the universe. If they can keep it up, it will be one of the best movie series of all time

I wont slate superhero films, but i miss the high quality dramas of the nineties. Hollywood is creating either epic blockbusters, or sweary, inpenetrable dramas. Films like LA Confidential, The Talented Mr Ripley, Schindler's List and even Titanic were big Hollwood films that were also immensely watchable and, dare i say it, artistically rewarding. No dramas of recent years have leftany sort of impact close to any one of these did on me. Any suggestions? Let me know.

But these big superhero movies are getting on my nerves, the superhero film is the modern western, you see one, you very likely have seen them all. Main exception for me was the wonderful Man of Steel, and i really love the first two Spiderman films with Tobey Maguire.

Boo-hoo. Some of us comic book nerds have been into this stuff for four-plus decades, and are seeing our shared vision come to full fruition.

If it offends you, don't watch it, then passively-aggressively bitch about it on a message board.

End rant.

Yup. Back in 3rd-6th grade (35 years ago) I used to daydream with my best friend about what it'd be like to have our favorite Marvel characters in movies. MCU has delivered a lot of fun in the last 8 years especially with all the Avengers related characters & films.

There's a lot more that could be...and will be done!

http://www.historyguy.com/comicshistory/avengers_invaders_2009_alex_ross.jpg

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/avengers/148-2.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/1423601376/new-avengers.jpeg

Can seriously imagine something similar to this happening in the not too distant future. Wolverine will somehow be rescued from Fox. MCU managed to somewhat rescue Spidey; I believe they can and eventually will do the same for Wolvie. :blaze:

• Like 1

You missed Hawkeye on Cap's side.

And almost definitely, teen Spidey being torn between choosing sides.

http://therealstanlee.com/more-Hulk-please