Introducing M14, a music player that can play your home computer's music library, anywhere!

The Analog Cub

A few people and myself have been hard at work at creating a web application that allows you to stream your music library on your home computer to a webpage, which means you can play your music anywhere in the world!

Our application utilizes a music server called MPD (Music Player Daemon), a tool that gives users the ability to create playlists, queue up songs, and play them. Currently we have the music stream set up and running, but I am still working on implementing the ability to send commands to the server (pick a song to play, etc.)

As we move along I'll post screenshots of the project as it goes through development, in the meantime check out our GitHub repository :D

http://github.com/ajbowler/M14

• Like 2

Is there any functionality beyond what Amazon Cloud Player provides?

The core features match that of ACP, yes, but you have much more control over your stuff with MPD, without the third party bullshit with Amazon. We're also adding features that you'd find in other music players (a visualizer, social media integration, etc.)

Is there any functionality beyond what Amazon Cloud Player provides?

The core features match that of ACP, yes, but you have much more control over your stuff with MPD, without the third party bullshit with Amazon. We're also adding features that you'd find in other music players (a visualizer, social media integration, etc.)

(It'll also be 100% free)

And it's not a massive million dollar company which is a nice change for once :) .

Sounds like a good idea to me BowlCity :D

• Like 1