What is the Rush studio album you listen to least?

YYZumbi

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Rush studio album you listen to least?

• RUSH
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress Of Steel
    • A Farewell To Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails (Original or Remixed dosent matter)
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Caress Of Steel doesn't suck (and I love it) just like Vapor Trails doesn't suck (and I can't stand it). I just happen not to be able to stand it (Vapor Trails).....

You don't like it? Wow. That shocks and surprises me.

Fixed for clarity.....
  • Like 2

Caress Of Steel doesn't suck (and I love it) just like Vapor Trails doesn't suck (and I can't stand it). I just happen not to be able to stand it (Vapor Trails).....

You don't like it? Wow. That shocks and surprises me.

Fixed for clarity.....

Ok. Thought something was off there...

• Like 1

"Vapor Snails" is by far their worst musical effort. I bough the remix version hoping I could stomach it and instead I had to turn it off within twenty minutes.

"The way out is the way in" I want out of this record. The way in is pure shit.

• Like 2

Vapor Trails...I give it a try every now and then

A tough man you are. It doesn't sound any better each time.... :cool:

I usually decide to listen to it any time I watch Beyond the Lighted Stage. Those scenes of Neil riding his bike while the quiet part of Secret Touch is playing. That always makes me want to give it another try...because I love that bit. Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 3

Ibused to really hate VT. But now I think it is one obf the bands top ten finest!
  • Like 1

It's honestly a shame that the debut is so underrated... I can pick out 2 bad tracks and 1 mediocre track but the rest is great.

It's a great rock album, but I honestly don't think it compares to anything else they've done

It's honestly a shame that the debut is so underrated... I can pick out 2 bad tracks and 1 mediocre track but the rest is great.

It's a great rock album, but I honestly don't think it compares to anything else they've done

Honestly I would call it the second least of their "great" albums, but even if it's not as great as, say, Hemispheres it's still a very solid album. If you ask me it's better than anything from Presto to T4E...

• Like 1

Vapor Trails...I give it a try every now and then

A tough man you are. It doesn't sound any better each time.... :cool:

I usually decide to listen to it any time I watch Beyond the Lighted Stage. Those scenes of Neil riding his bike while the quiet part of Secret Touch is playing. That always makes me want to give it another try...because I love that bit.

I had the same reaction, the lyrics fit so well with Neil's discussion about his Ghost Rider days, I found Vapor Trails and loved it. :guitar: I can understand why others dislike it but it always energizes me when I listen. I voted for TFE, meh

• Like 2

Clockwork Angels.Hate the production!Therefore don't listen to the album at all!(Well maybe once in a blue moon!)P.S The Garden is exceptional however!

Clockwork Angels.Hate the production!Therefore don't listen to the album at all!(Well maybe once in a blue moon!)P.S The Garden is exceptional however!

It's stunning to me that a professional band that's been around forever like Rush, who pay professional mixers and engineers and producers good money to make a professional sounding product, end up with a sonic muddy mess that was the studio Clockwork Angels. Vapor Trails I can understand the final result because of how burned out the band was towards the end and how many hands the tapes passed through before the final result but Clockwork, there's no excuse for how crappy that sounded. It sounds like it was produced by a high school kid on a Playskool My First Mixing Board

• Like 1

oh, and I discovered an easy way to make most of the songs on Snakes sound much better. If you go to Youtube, there's a tool dropdown menu on the bottom I never noticed before that allows you to speed up the audio by 1.25 and 1.5'xs speed. It makes lumbering bore-fests like Armor and Sword sound almost like classic Rush with the snappier tempo and higher-pitched Geddy vocal. I'm not even joking, after listening for a bit at the 1.25 speed and then going back to the normal tempo, it's like back in the Sony Walkman days when your batteries would start getting low and the tape would start to drag

"Vapor Snails" is by far their worst musical effort. I bough the remix version hoping I could stomach it and instead I had to turn it off within twenty minutes.

"The way out is the way in" I want out of this record. The way in is pure shit.

just one clown,s opinion, all be it a dumbass one :facepalm:

Right now its Moving Pictures. Kinda burnt myself off of it.

oh man MP.......that one is getting lonely in my house as well, lol. MP is kinda the definition of over done. In Rush's cannon at least.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1