Signals vs Grace Under Pressure vs Power Windows

savagegrace26

Signals vs Grace Under Pressure vs Power Windows  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Signals vs Grace Under Pressure vs Power Windows

GUP

But tomorrow i might say Signals and the day after i might say PoW.

But today it is GUP.

• Like 2

Grace Under Pressure is the only album that stands a chance of competing against Counterparts as my favorite.

Grace Under Pressure > Signals > Power Windows. All great albums, but Grace Under Pressure holds the title as first Rush album I loved at first listen when listening to it all the way through.

• Like 1

Signals - the end of truly great, classic Rush, with all the musical acrobatics and interplay. The kind of thing we only got little sniffs and little tastes of in later albums, at least until Headlong Flight, which is like the Second Coming.
  • Like 3

Signals by a fair margin. It was the second album I bought on the day of its release (Moving Pictures was the first). GUP was first Rush album that had to "grow" on me, but eventually I loved it. Power Windows made me say "Uh oh" and really lose a little interest in the band. I've grown to enjoy PoW too, but I don't love it. HYF is even worse.
  • Like 1

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Yup. The downward trend. And it got worse.

I used to think (assume mostly) that Power Windows was the end and thought that for almost 30 years until I really listened to HYF and Presto starting a couple months ago. I think there is alot to like about both and then it is really hit or miss after that. Mostly miss but at least they are produced well (the 90's)....
  • Like 1

I've said a few times that because I'm a fan, I can find something I like about all their albums. But if my first introduction to the band was PoW or worse, HYF, I wouldn't be here today.

I concur. Starting with ATWAS as I did and attempting to start with HYF or PoW would be polar opposites....

I've said a few times that because I'm a fan, I can find something I like about all their albums. But if my first introduction to the band was PoW or worse, HYF, I wouldn't be here today.

Seriously,

Listen to the bassline of Marathon, if you were a first time listener, there just has to be something within you that says "Holy f***ing shit, that bassline is SEX."

• Like 3

I started a new poll with just Signals and Grace on account of the fact that this was a three-way poll.

Thanks. And thanks for digging this up. I really think Signals is totally great. It's a good feeling, sparkly record.

• Like 1

I started a new poll with just Signals and Grace on account of the fact that this was a three-way poll.

Thanks. And thanks for digging this up. I really think Signals is totally great. It's a good feeling, sparkly record.

It is the last Rush album I like each and every song on.

• Like 1

Signals was the album that drove me away from the band and the subsequent tour - both were boring.

Grace under Pressure was a step in the right direction, but not by much (also the last vinyl LP I've ever bought).

Power Windows - well quite frankly my dears I couldn't give a ****. Bit strong, but I hate it. Their worst ever recording.