Tour Announcement: This Year or Next?

upstateNYfan

So people are making predictive announcements of when Rush is going to make an announcement? Great....boredom?

Not boredom. Curiosity and excitement.

An actual tour announcement should cause excitement. Not anticipation of when they might make an announcement.

I find it more like desperation! :rage:

Save your shekels for late spring/early summer...

FOH, So will we see an announcement before the

Holidays or after the New Year? Like most on here,

I'd rather not be glued to the laptop if it can be helped

for that email in order to enjoy some holiday family time.

It's not looking too good to me either. Maybe they will announce something after the first of the new year.

That's what I'm hoping too. Although if they announce something in January there would still be plenty of time for ticket sales if the tour were to start late spring.

I hope they announce something soon... I've never been to a Rush concert before and I'm worried I will never have a chance to go to one if they don't do it soon :(

I hope for your sake that you get to go to one this year. It's a life experience you don't want to miss.

• Like 2

I hope they announce something soon... I've never been to a Rush concert before and I'm worried I will never have a chance to go to one if they don't do it soon :(

I hope for your sake that you get to go to one this year. It's a life experience you don't want to miss.

I was late in discovering Rush and I've only seen them 3 times. I hope I get to see them again.

They did say they were taking all of 2015 off before they even talked about it.

I have my doubts due to the amount of time I've been gone . It sucks.

I was late in discovering Rush and I've only seen them 3 times. I hope I get to see them again.

Well if you can believe Alex, they will have a tour coming up. He's not always the most reliable source, but it sounds like the spring tour is very possible. I have a feeling that everyone has been told not to say anything. Maybe they don't want any of the preparations to leak out?

• Like 1

Save your shekels for late spring/early summer...

Well if this is true an announcement will becoming soon. I say some where around Jan 1st:

Alex: "Rush tour in Late Spring! Happy New Year."

I hope this is true. It kind of makes sense in a financial/marketing sense to announce something after the Christmas holiday.

• Like 1

Source regarding that 2015 statement? It's my understanding they said "a full year off"...now, whether you start counting from their last show (late summer 2013) or the beginning of the next full calendar year (January 2014), either way you slice it, they've taken a full year off.

I would think we'd hear SOME announcement regarding their plans in January...it was a good marketing strategy to keep the R40 box set as the major headline through the Thanksgiving and holiday seasons. Ray Danniels laughing all the way to the bank!

Source regarding that 2015 statement? It's my understanding they said "a full year off"...now, whether you start counting from their last show (late summer 2013) or the beginning of the next full calendar year (January 2014), either way you slice it, they've taken a full year off.

I would think we'd hear SOME announcement regarding their plans in January...it was a good marketing strategy to keep the R40 box set as the major headline through the Thanksgiving and holiday seasons. Ray Danniels laughing all the way to the bank!

I think they probably meant 2014 instead of 2015.

I wish they would just announce the tour already!

However, they are probably firming up details.

I would guess that they aren't even going to start the tour until late June(it's still spring, technically).

That gives me hope that they will play Summerfest again this year.

(fingers crossed and all that).

I wish they would just make some kind of announcement. They don't have to be specific about when the next tour will start. Just announce that they will tour and the details will be forthcoming. Or announce they decided to take a well deserved retirement.

Just announce something.

• Like 1

I just remember the $14,000 meet and greet that was auctioned recently. Wouldn't they have to fulfill that obligation?

It wouldn't have to be at a concert.