Name one non-Rush album that consistently blows you away

bri-tor

I know this choice divides people but............

Kid A-Radiohead.

People Fawn all over OK Computer but honestly I was Never Impressed with it. And i was 12 in 97......so i remember the hype. Kid A blew me back and cemented me as a fan. Such a gorgeous soundscape album. Best at night on headphones. I've Looked forward to every album since.

Mick

I enjoy at least 3 other Radiohead albums more than OK Computer. And I think OK Computer is great.

• Like 1

Kid A-Radiohead.

People Fawn all over OK Computer but honestly I was Never Impressed with it. And i was 12 in 97......so i remember the hype. Kid A blew me back and cemented me as a fan. Such a gorgeous soundscape album. Best at night on headphones. I've Looked forward to every album since.

Mick

I enjoy at least 3 other Radiohead albums more than OK Computer. And I think OK Computer is great.

Oh don't get me wrong OK Computer is good.......but i never saw it as anything monumental. Good......but nothing to lose it over. Kid A was an oddity for the band and it still intrigues me today.

Mick

Kid A-Radiohead.

Mick

Oh don't get me wrong OK Computer is good.......but i never saw it as anything monumental. Good......but nothing to lose it over. Kid A was an oddity for the band and it still intrigues me today.

Mick

I enjoy The Bends, Kid A and In Rainbows more than OK Computer.

• Like 1

Kid A-Radiohead.

Mick

I respect your opinion -- certainly not suggesting you're "wrong" -- but apart from tracks 3 and 4 (which are monumentally good) Kid A seemed to me to be re-treading ground which had been done better in the '80s. I had a roommate in college who was really into the dark techno/industrial scene and he listened to so many bands (I might remember only a handful; I was more into the guitar-based punk/art-punk stuff) that sounded just like the electronic stuff on Kid A (which is most of it), but only fifteen years earlier. OK Computer, on the other hand, completely blew me away -- at least the first six tracks, and I didn't even care for their first two at the time (still don't love The Bends though I really love its b-sides). OKC seemed to me to be the the spiritual successor to The Beatles' Revolver, with some Floyd and early Wire thrown in. Still think it's brilliant and in no way over-rated. As they say, different strokes. For what it's worth, Amnesiac is my second favorite Radiohead release, so I'm not just going with popular/critical opinion.

Edited by Rutlefan

Speaking of Wire, I'll throw in last year's Change Becomes Us. I never imagined Wire would again ever sniff the heights they achieved with '79's 154, but CBU is its worthy successor. My favorite album of the last ten years, at least. Have been listening to it the last few days, along with my personal edit of Send. I've posted my favorite tracks from this album before but here's another for consideration. Could have been recorded in 1980. Would have fit right along 154 and Joy Division. Those were good days to be into music.

p.s. Ignore the poster's attempt at deciphering the lyrics; English is obviously not his or her's first language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxT_U9_R3w&index=7&list=ALGLx1orRGw4UMOC1-srCMVmBc4ep4ex0k

Edited by Rutlefan

Being a lifelong Van Halen fan I gotta say that F.U.C.K and Balance are the best albums at this point of my "fandom". I love the Hagar era... absolutely love it. He's a great singer... one of the best voices in rock (along with Steve Perry and Brian Howe).

Feelin' is probably their top-3 songs ever. Eddie's guitar is straight from hell in this song. Absolutely stunning (and underrated) piece.

• Like 1

Fleetwood Mac- Tusk

My favourite album of the seventies. My favourite album of Fleetwood Mac. My favourite classic rock album.

My favourite favourite favourite favourite! Only a teensy few albums match my affection for this underrated classic, even fewer surpass it.

20 songs, three very different songwriters, two bloated egos, one exquisite Christine McVie and some bonkers moments make this an exciting and entertaining listen.

Stevie Nicks best work is here. Lindsey Buckingham is at his most crazy. And Christine keeps the whole thing together with her beautiful contributions. Twenty songs. Twenty 10/10's. It is mental how much I love this album...

• Like 1

Van Halen - Fair Warning

I wasn't a huge Van Halen fan but when this came out and I heard a friend's I HAD to have it. Being a broke 9th grader I had to sell a few albums to afford it. Only one of those I remember was Styx's Paradise Theater. Couldn't have had that one for long. Anyway, still my favorite VH by far.

• Like 1

Van Halen - Fair Warning

I wasn't a huge Van Halen fan but when this came out and I heard a friend's I HAD to have it. Being a broke 9th grader I had to sell a few albums to afford it. Only one of those I remember was Styx's Paradise Theater. Couldn't have had that one for long. Anyway, still my favorite VH by far.

Yes! "FAIR WARNING!"

• Like 1

Lateralus

Undertow

10,000 Days

De-Loused in the Comatorium

Frances the Mute

Thick as a Brick

Attahk

Udu Wudu

Couldn't keep it to just one :LOL:

Fair Warning!Played it to death when it first came our.For me EVH's finest moment except that Eruption thang.Still play it a lot.
  • Like 1

Fair Warning!Played it to death when it first came our.For me EVH's finest moment except that Eruption thang.Still play it a lot.

That's four of us! Even 73 loves this record. He educated me years ago on Eddie's "brown noise" sound.

"Fair Warning" is up there next to "Hemispheres" for me.

• Like 1

Macklemore's debut

Lyle Lovett—Joshua, Judges, Ruth

I have you to thank for introducing me to Lyle Lovett. Amazing, but so hard to find albums here in the UK!

• Like 1