Sick and/or Disturbing Movies

ThatLightInYourEyes

Uwe Boll makes nothing but sick movies, like "Rampage" which is of a young man who goes on a shooting spree. It just follows him and his mass murdering for the entirety of the film. Uwe Boll seems to be even more of a douche than Tom Six - it's really no surprise that the men behind these movies are just as unpleasant.
  • Like 1

Martyrs

Funny Games

Eden Lake

Hostel

Hostel 2

Audition

And serious films that portray real life events such as Schindler's List, Hotel Rwanda, and The Deer Hunter are all the more dusturbing considering they are basically watered down for the masses, but so true to the events they recreate.

Human Centipede has nothing on hundreds of men, women and children squashed in a room and suffocated to death. History is cruel.

• Like 2

Martyrs

Funny Games

Eden Lake

Hostel

Hostel 2

Audition

And serious films that portray real life events such as Schindler's List, Hotel Rwanda, and The Deer Hunter are all the more dusturbing considering they are basically watered down for the masses, but so true to the events they recreate.

Human Centipede has nothing on hundreds of men, women and children squashed in a room and suffocated to death. History is cruel.

Walken losing Russian Roulette

makes me cry every time at the end of that movie. Great performance by DeNiro in that scene.

Nicky! No! :(

Avoid Salo unless you want to be psychologically disturbed for days.

I Stand Alone is up there too.

Yeah, I saw "Salo" already. If it weren't so true to De Sade's vision, I'd say it was just overly produced evil.

Not a disturbing movie, per se, but

the bolito decapitation of Brad Pitt

in the director's cut of The Counselor made me quite queasy watching it. Belongs in a Saw movie, not a Ridley Scott film.

Mediocre movie anyways and even makes no sense with added scenes. Cormac McCarthy may be a good book writer but he should not write scripts. I've taken a screenwriting class and it's a whole different ballgame compared to regular writing.

I haven't seen A Serbian Film. Heard of it though.

It's not like many other sick films you'll see listed which have these prolonged scenes of gore / torture, etc, but it is still very graphic and morally screwed to hell.

So...yeah...I pulled the trigger and checked it out on YouTube. Pretty vile...the parts i actually watched. Skipped the gnarly stuff, having read the synopsis.

I don't know what the fascination is with gore. I will never understand it.

Agreed. It is repulsive. I will never understand why i watched Martyrs to the end, but i really wanted the girl to escape because somehow the film was so well done i really cared for her.

But otherwise, gore gets in the way of suspense.

• Like 1

Oh I have a few sicko`s

Martyrs . yep , very hard to watch and I don`t think I will see one as brilliant but too sick to watch at the same time .

I Saw The Devil . Same as above .

The Last House On The Left remake .

Frontiers

Cold Fish

Your`e Next . Sick but what a film !

I don't know what the fascination is with gore. I will never understand it.

Agreed. It is repulsive. I will never understand why i watched Martyrs to the end, but i really wanted the girl to escape because somehow the film was so well done i really cared for her.

But otherwise, gore gets in the way of suspense.

Most unncessary use of gratuitous gore = The Passion of the Christ

Seriously, less would've been a lot more effective with that one.

But of course it requires a lot more imagination and skill to imply and evoke rather than harshly depict directly.

• Like 1

By Tor, I saw a few off your list. You're Next was great!!! Martyrs left me impressed as well. I'll have to check out the others.

Nice one Rod . ;)

Another one that is at the Sicko level is The Woman .

http://www.filmwerk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/TheWoman_Theatrical_Quad-1.jpg

• Like 1

I saw this one, and thought it was great.

I went through half of A Serbian Film today, and will check out the second half later on. Ugh...

Aww Rod...why do you do this to yourself? I tried and was so grossed out by its reputation I gave up in seconds.

I like disturbing movies Segue...I´m still halfway through it, and it seems they wanted to shock just for the sake of it with this one.

I´m not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but Inside is quite disturbing, about someone trying to break into a pregnant woman´s house to steal her baby. As a father of a 4 month old, I turned my face from the screen a bunch of times, and fast forwarded a lot of it. But it´s quite well done and worth checking out if that´s your cup of tea.

I like disturbing movies Segue...I´m still halfway through it, and it seems they wanted to shock just for the sake of it with this one.

I´m not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but Inside is quite disturbing, about someone trying to break into a pregnant woman´s house to steal her baby. As a father of a 4 month old, I turned my face from the screen a bunch of times, and fast forwarded a lot of it. But it´s quite well done and worth checking out if that´s your cup of tea.

I know what you mean. Martyrs was sick, but it had a really interesting idea regarding morals. Was the evil worth the outcome? Was the torture for a good cause?

I didn't like the questions it provoked because I found my answer uncomfortable (fortunatley the film lets you make your mind up). That to me is clever film making, and intellectually stimulating. But never again.

As for A Serbian Film, peadophilia is something that makes me ever so angry (I grew up near one of Britains most shocking murders, and I had ties to both the murderer and his family, and friends of the two girls he abused and killed, who were my age and two towns away, were killed by the man they trusted). I heard the film portrays it, and with my OCD I have to be really careful what I fill my mind with as it manifests itself in constant wicked thoughts (believe me, I have been mentally taunted to the brink of suicide). This why I am both open minded and endlessly positive...because the negative makes me seriously ill, and mt open mind constantly searches for answers to my underlying issues (which are now very much under control). To me such subject matter should never be glorified, especially if it has no purpose. If I am wrong, I'd love to hear your verdict (even if I will not watch it).

Hey! Maybe I should turn my issues into a film! But yeah...A Serbian Film strikes me as a pointless, sick film. If I have to, Funny Games will suffice (now that one was amazing film, very clever, very sophisticated, if completely depressing).

I haven't seen A Serbian Film. Heard of it though.

It's not like many other sick films you'll see listed which have these prolonged scenes of gore / torture, etc, but it is still very graphic and morally screwed to hell.

So...yeah...I pulled the trigger and checked it out on YouTube. Pretty vile...the parts i actually watched. Skipped the gnarly stuff, having read the synopsis.

There's another movie I seriously can't watch - Cannibal Holocaust. I think it's something to do with the

brutality against actual real live animals

• Like 1

This is the most disturbing movie just from the trailer-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agfuP2XlZ6s

Disturbing because some studio executive greenlit this.

At 1:23- "He's up there"...ROFL

This is the most disturbing movie just from the trailer-

https://www.youtube....h?v=agfuP2XlZ6s

Disturbing because some studio executive greenlit this.

At 1:23- "He's up there"...ROFL

Vestron used to make up the titles and box art first and then hire people to write and direct movies based off of that. I don't know if that's the case with Hider in the House, but with a title like that it seems like it. :LOL:

• Like 1