Unreleased Different Stages Concert Video? Molson Ampitheatre 1997

agubrizbassman

Well, with the release of the R40 Box Set soon we will finally get to see what appears to be the unreleased footage for a Different Stages concert video filmed at the Molson Ampitheatre in Toronto, well its only 8 songs, and I originally thought it would be an authorized bootleg... but with the small appearance of it in the R40 Trailer it seemed well directed and looks quite "official"....

I open this up for thoughts... Are you excited for it? Not so excited?

The long standing explanation for not releasing this show was a problem with the audio and video being out of synch. As the years went by some said that technology had advanced so much that this should be easy to fix. The impending release of 8 songs suggests that the problem was fixed, or it only affected part of the show, or the real reason they had not released it is that they were unhappy with the performance of some songs. I was at the show and it sounded excellent to me.

Concert footage of disc 3 would be my wish.

Not a fan of T4E though the live disc is at least bearable. I guess it is only right that we dig deep to fund rehearsals for the Rush 40+ tour...

I think its great that they finally release a video from Test For Echo Tour!!

Its my favorite tour! The setlist is just awesome on the tour, a perfect mix of old and new stuff (new back then)! and ofcourse whole 2112!!

Only thing that is bad is that its not the whole concert... But I guess we should be happy with what we get?

I'd be more excited if it was getting a solo release, but I can't afford to pay that much for a box set that I already own most of.
  • Like 3

I am quite excited to see this footage, and already plan to sell my DVDs in order to fund the purchase of this box...after all, I still don't have the Time Machine discs, and have always wanted the R30 blu Ray with the extra songs.

Of course, since I got the CAT limited edition box, those Blu Rays will be redundant, but what the heck!