Favorite three album covers

toymaker

Hemispheres? That actually has to be my least favorite Rush album cover... I think even Syme admits that it was an abomination :wacko:

Agreed. Its one of the last I would have considered. Caress Of Steel would have been my number 4....

Hemispheres? That actually has to be my least favorite Rush album cover... I think even Syme admits that it was an abomination :wacko:

I do have to admit Hemispheres has my favorite of the "Rush" script variations. That cursive "Rush" font graced two of my last three trucks (the current incarnation of my beloved pick up has a simple star man).

• Like 3

I do have to admit Hemispheres has my favorite of the "Rush" script variations. That cursive "Rush" font graced two of my last three trucks (the current incarnation of my beloved pick up has a simple star man).

Agreed. It is surely my favorite logo as well. But the rest of the cover, not so much.

Permanenet Waves and Moving Pictures for sure. Number three is tougher. Kings, Hemi, Power Windows and 2112 are up there.

Interior artwork goes to Hold Your Fire and Counterparts...with Moving Pictures third due to the perfect black and white pics of the boys moving.

In no particular order...

Grace Under Pressure

A Farewell To Kings

Moving Pictures

To be honest, everything from Fly By Night through Grace Under Pressure are superb album artworks, any album from that period that wasn't in my top 3 are honorable mentions (maybe except Hemispheres) along with Counterparts and Test For Echo. Also like to give an honorable mention to Exit...Stage Left as my favorite live album artwork.

Roll The Bones

Caress Of Steel

Grace Under Pressure

Special mention goes to Moving Pictures and 2112.

It looks better with cats

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/06Hemi_zps3ed81f89.jpg

• Like 4

It looks better with cats

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/TDear_1984/06Hemi_zps3ed81f89.jpg

I wish this was the real cover!

I don't have a problem with Hemispheres album cover. It's as close to Salvador Dali as he ever got. Seemed like a lot of album covers in the late 70s had a similar look.
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem with Hemispheres album cover. It's as close to Salvador Dali as he ever got. Seemed like a lot of album covers in the late 70s had a similar look.

I find it interesting that 2 of my top five albums all time have naked dudes on them. Not that there is anything wrong with that.... ;)
  • Like 3

Definitely In

Permanent Waves

Fly By Night

Third Spot - Tie between Moving Pictures, A Farewell to Kings and Signals

Test for Echo is pretty nice too

Narpski, then you must like the album cover of Yes' "Going for the One" then.

Not the cover so much but whats inside might be my favorite all time by anyone.... :) Edited by Narpski

Not the cover so much but whats inside might be my favorite all time by anyone.... :)

I thought that was ATWAS... You're confusing me Narpski! :wacko:

• Like 1

Not the cover so much but whats inside might be my favorite studio album all time by anyone.... :)

I thought that was ATWAS... You're confusing me Narpski! :wacko:

Fixed for your records. ATWAS will always be my favorite recording of any music anywhere all time....

I find it interesting that 2 of my top five albums all time have naked dudes on them. Not that there is anything wrong with that.... ;)

New member title: @$$luvr
  • Like 4

Definitely In

Permanent Waves

Fly By Night

Third Spot - Tie between Moving Pictures, A Farewell to Kings and Signals

Test for Echo is pretty nice too

Ah yes...Signals. :cheers: