Far Cry 4

Mike2112

I'm really looking forward to Far Cry 4 coming out. Far Cry 3 was amazing IMO... Here are some youtube videos of their trailer as well as an interview and tons of scenes from the developers... Anyone else anticipating this release?

The only Far Cry I've played is Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which was f***ing hilarious. Well worth the $10. I highly recommend it.

I usually stay away from open world games as I can only game in short bursts and often stay away from the game for weeks on end, and it's hard for me to get back into that environment (as opposed to a Halo/CoD type shooter where I know all I have to do is move forward and kill). Still, it does look good and I might pick it up just on the off chance that I'll have time to play it.

• Like 1

I loved FC3, but after all of the lies they fed the public with Watch Dogs, I won't be trusting Ubisoft until non-major game sites have a chance to try the game first hand and/or launch.

I loved FC3, but after all of the lies they fed the public with Watch Dogs, I won't be trusting Ubisoft until non-major game sites have a chance to try the game first hand and/or launch.

I'm not familiar with Watch Dogs - what was the situation on that?

The only Far Cry I've played is Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which was f***ing hilarious. Well worth the $10. I highly recommend it.

I usually stay away from open world games as I can only game in short bursts and often stay away from the game for weeks on end, and it's hard for me to get back into that environment (as opposed to a Halo/CoD type shooter where I know all I have to do is move forward and kill). Still, it does look good and I might pick it up just on the off chance that I'll have time to play it.

Yeah I hear ya - I am like you when it is summer, but when winter comes I find myself killing more time on games like this because I can't sit out on the deck every night and get f*cked up... Need something to pass time until spring again :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with Watch Dogs - what was the situation on that?

They promised a ton of things about the gameplay and story. Much of the gameplay turned out right but what they demoed relied on NPCs not being idiots, which they ended up being. The story devolved from a very interesting to a boring standard action plot.

The biggest thing was that the graphics they demoed were absolutely incredible. It really looked like what I'd imagine next gen would be.

The released game looks nothing like that. IMO just a bit better than what you'd expect from a really high quality PS3 game.

It gets better: you can actually make the PC version look like the E3 demo by changing a config file (ie all of the textures and effects are there) and it ends up running BETTER than their original game. So they gimped the PC version to make it look like the console versions. It's not a mod because all you do is tell the game to get resources from somewhere else within the games files as to where to get the textures/effects/etc.

Stoked for this, I loved 3. MACHINE GUNNING SHARKS!

Were you able to grab every relic in FC3? There were two I could never get - one seemed buried in a mountain with no access and the other was in plain sight on the beach but you couldn't take it from the case... Other than those two relics, I found every single item...

One relic is in the cave where your friends hide out. You had to get it during one of the times you were there as part of a story mission. After the midway point of the game it becomes inaccessible as you don't return there.

One relic is in the cave where your friends hide out. You had to get it during one of the times you were there as part of a story mission. After the midway point of the game it becomes inaccessible as you don't return there.

Ahh! That explains! I could never find a cave or way to get to that one and finally gave up after about 10 hours of trying lol The one on the beach was a glitch though - I could look at it after opening the case and all bt couldn't grab it...

Beat the game a few days ago. Pretty similar to FC3 gameplay-wise, but awesome nonetheless. They made just enough tweaks to the system to make things interesting. And I like the scenery better than in FC3. I also really liked the Shangri-La and learning about Nepali/Tibetan folklore.

Overall, I'd say I like this game a bit better than the last one.

Beat the game a few days ago. Pretty similar to FC3 gameplay-wise, but awesome nonetheless. They made just enough tweaks to the system to make things interesting. And I like the scenery better than in FC3. I also really liked the Shangri-La and learning about Nepali/Tibetan folklore.

Overall, I'd say I like this game a bit better than the last one.

The Yogi missions were funky too - all LSD tripped out.

I haven't finished,, but opened the North and am half way through. I ended up building a new box last week and am now redownloading on steam, and can hopefully complete on a 4ghz i7 with the new 980 GTX card :)

I started this a few days ago and I'm loving it. Just opened up the north section last night. Being able to put a grenade launcher with 50 grenades in the sidearm slot = MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I completed it a while ago - love the silenced sniper rifle for the outposts :)

• Like 1

I started this a few days ago and I'm loving it. Just opened up the north section last night. Being able to put a grenade launcher with 50 grenades in the sidearm slot = MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's pretty much what I've been using most of the time. My loadout's been Predator sniper rifle, Bull shotgun, Bushman (never playing the arena again, f**k that shit), and the grenade launcher almost the whole time. As much as I love the cheap ass grenade launcher with way too many rounds, that Buzzsaw LMG is too ridiculous. It's basically god mode. Fun to play around with, but I don't wanna beat the game in an hour.

That's pretty much what I've been using most of the time. My loadout's been Predator sniper rifle, Bull shotgun, Bushman (never playing the arena again, f**k that shit), and the grenade launcher almost the whole time. As much as I love the cheap ass grenade launcher with way too many rounds, that Buzzsaw LMG is too ridiculous. It's basically god mode. Fun to play around with, but I don't wanna beat the game in an hour.

I have completed like 99% but there is one thing missing I can't seem to get - it is the cargo hijacking. I have 2 out of 3 but since I solved the game no more cargo trucks seem to show up ever so I cannot get the 3rd....

By the way what did you think of the Yoga missions? LOL tripped out man...

They were fun even though I don't know why my character would keep going back. :LOL:

I didn't really like the Shangri-La missions except for the boss fight. They looked nice though.

By the way what did you think of the Yoga missions? LOL tripped out man...

They were fun even though I don't know why my character would keep going back. :LOL:

I didn't really like the Shangri-La missions except for the boss fight. They looked nice though.

I agree on Shangri-la. I likes the first one or two OK-ish but then I couldn't wait for them to be over and get back to the regular map. Using the tiger (and then later the Elephant) to kill the priest-guys was a neat twist to the game though. I would jsut sit back behind a pillar directing the tiger to do his business one by one...

• Like 1