The Final Song On Their Final Tour

That One Guy

I don't see how it couldn't be "2112" in terms of climactic finale and pathos-ridden journey.

Maybe "Limelight" - but that would seem almost too short a journey. "La Villa" would end too suddenly. Nothing else would fit the role of a closing career song. "2112" made them - it would be fitting to dance with the one who brought you to prom.

• Like 1

Lots of great ideas. But my old bones would love to see them go out with the whole crowd clapping along to In The Mood. Still the best finale in all these years, imo.

Good God :no: Horrible song...

I dont agree. Back when they often closed the show with it, it brought the house down. The lyrics are corny, I admit, but its a great song. :)

But Pookie HAS to be included somewhere in the rendition, hopefully prominently.

• Like 1

Becuase Rush are Rush, they'll probably end up playing the theme song from Austin Powers as the last song, for all we know. Or something from Monty Python.

If it's from one of these, I hope it's from the funny one.

I think "The Garden" or "Afterimage" would be great.

Sad but great.

Afterimage is probably too much of a deep cut, but the lyrics would fit the situation. The Garden is pretty well-known and liked among us Rush fans, and there won't be a dry eye in the arena if that's the song they choose to go out with. I personally think it'll be Tom Sawyer. It is their most popular song, after all. Hopefully, though, that day won't come for at least another couple years.

• Like 1

You know I have heard the "this could be their last tour" rumors since Hold Your Fire, so I will play along hoping that there will be another tour. Realistically I think they will do something like yyz. I would think Oveture/Grand Finale would be great as well. An instrumental medley would be great too.

You know I have heard the "this could be their last tour" rumors since Hold Your Fire, so I will play along hoping that there will be another tour. Realistically I think they will do something like yyz. I would think Oveture/Grand Finale would be great as well. An instrumental medley would be great too.

The first rumor of farewell tour I heard was Grace Under Pressure. That was also not far in time from the "Neil has cancer" rumors. This was when there were no interwebz.

For me, Finale is the obvious choice, but I wouldnt mind In The Mood.

I think "The Garden" or "Afterimage" would be great.

Sad but great.

Afterimage is probably too much of a deep cut, but the lyrics would fit the situation. The Garden is pretty well-known and liked among us Rush fans, and there won't be a dry eye in the arena if that's the song they choose to go out with. I personally think it'll be Tom Sawyer. It is their most popular song, after all. Hopefully, though, that day won't come for at least another couple years.

I think sending us out in tears may be a bad idea. :) Tom Sawyer's another great idea, that or Spirit of Radio?

The first rumor of farewell tour I heard was Grace Under Pressure. That was also not far in time from the "Neil has cancer" rumors. This was when there were no interwebz.

I remember those rumors...pre interwebz indeed.

It was a tough time for Rush enthusiasts, Neil had a ponytail back-ended mullet AND (sacrilege) had integrated electronic drums into his kit.

http://rush-territories.com/s/cc_images/cache_2450497669.jpg

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/neil_images/neil_grace.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

It was a tough time for Rush enthusiasts, Neil had a ponytail back-ended mullet AND (sacrilege) had integrated electronic drums into his kit.

http://rush-territories.com/s/cc_images/cache_2450497669.jpg

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/neil_images/neil_grace.jpg

That bottom picture is hilarious! Looks like he's having a cream dream!
  • Like 1