The Final Song On Their Final Tour

That One Guy

I'm torn between:

YYZ, A Farewell to Kings, Headlong Flight, Working Man.

Any of those would be appropriate. Actually Sounds like a good yet long Final Encore:

Headlong Flight

A Farewell to Kings

Working Man

YYZ

Yeah kind of a little play on words, Their final song should be something from the 70's that their long time fans would appreciate. Like I said it will never happen. Ged himself pretty much said the same thing. I wouldn't want to hear TSOR or anything from moving pictures as the final song. They can tune it down or whatever but something other than the usual stuff

Not that it will ever happen but just for the hell of it, A farewell to kings.

With no modesty at all, just honesty, just a song tribute that the band play for themself.

I can't see any deep cut like In the End being used....I have a feeling it will be the usual Tom Sawyer, YYZ or Working Man. Maybe with the little Cygnus quote, but I think they'll stick with something tried and tested as closer.

My personal pick would have to be YYZ. it's just about three great musicians stretching the limits of their instruments, and perfectly encapsulates what Rush are about, and have been for many years.

I can't see any deep cut like In the End being used....I have a feeling it will be the usual Tom Sawyer, YYZ or Working Man. Maybe with the little Cygnus quote, but I think they'll stick with something tried and tested as closer.

My personal pick would have to be YYZ. it's just about three great musicians stretching the limits of their instruments, and perfectly encapsulates what Rush are about, and have been for many years.

I think La Villa fits that description better than YYZ
  • Like 3

Agreed. And I do love YYZ.
  • Like 1

In my opinion, YYZ doesn't hold a candle to La Villa. La Villa is the most magnificent instrumental they have ever done.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

In my opinion, YYZ doesn't hold a candle to La Villa. La Villa is the most magnificent instrumental they have ever done.

I agree, I actually think YYZ could easily be the most overrated Rush song
  • Like 1

Much more interested in the next song on the next tour, but if I had to choose one last song, I think I wouldn't care which one it is. As long as I can be there. :cool:
  • Like 1

So do I. But I was referring to the fact that in the late 70's, Rush gave up on the long song format and remained concise through most of the subsequent albums. Hence why I thought YYZ would be the best concert closer. If I had to choose between the instrumentals, naturally I'd go for La Villa. But given that YYZ better encapsulates all that Rush have tried to be since the early 80's, I could better see them play that

So do I. But I was referring to the fact that in the late 70's, Rush gave up on the long song format and remained concise through most of the subsequent albums. Hence why I thought YYZ would be the best concert closer. If I had to choose between the instrumentals, naturally I'd go for La Villa. But given that YYZ better encapsulates all that Rush have tried to be since the early 80's, I could better see them play that

Well, really they finally gave it up with The Camera Eye, the last hurrah for the extended songs. Understandable, they've said songs like La Villa were a bitch to record.

Also, ending a show on an instrumental doesn't sound very cool. Having a block of instrumentals (especially with Ged's 2013 voice) in a set would be great however.

I think it should be Tai Shan followed by a repeat of Lerxt's RRHOF speech.

Go out with a question mark guys!

"WHY?"