The Final Song On Their Final Tour

That One Guy

... Should be Out Of The Cradle.

Not only do I consider it one of the better Vapor Trails tunes, you get a long outro with Geddy singing the phrase "endlessly rocking" a number of times. It's just a fitting outro all around. It should end a show sometime.

Assuming they're quitting before 70, they're looking at about 5 years or less 'til it's quits. Neil's recent story reminded me that he's in his mid sixties with a 5 year old daughter. They are going to "tend to their gardens" in the next couple of years.

Barring world catastrophes, their music is going to have listeners for decades to come. With any luck, this forum might outlive their retirement by 10-20 years! They're going to be "endlessly rocking" in spirit. Why not end a show "endlessly rocking".

In the Mood would bring them full circle. Wouldn't be my choice, though.

@Bowl City: 2112, with the lights going out to "We have assumed control..." would be cool.

@ CaptainObvious: Limelight seems like a frontrunner...or Tom Sawyer.

LaVilla, with an epic "sayonara" rant, would be my choice.

• Like 1

Interesting idea, but, I don't think it would be well received.

Yeah, no chance of this happening. It's going to be either Tom Sawyer or Working Man I'd guess.

• Like 1

It won't happen, but "Entre Nous" would be a nice nod to the fans. I am thinking, though, they would go with one of the big dogs.... TS, Limelight, YYZ, TSOR, Syrinx.

I would be shocked if they went with CTTH or something more recent.

Of course, this is assuming they were to announce this tour as their last. That could be the case, I know. As much as I would hate it, I would not blame them. Their lifestyle on the road is much improved to deal with their age (Alex and Ged flying between and a day off between shows is a huge hint toward the fact that touring takes a toll on them). Plus, Alex has been a grandfather for a while, but I recently read Geddy is about to become a grandfather, as well. Neil now has a young child. I do wonder if those youngins might lead the guys to say it is time to transition and enjoy the little ones. No, I would not blame them one bit...

Geddy is about to become a grandfather

That already happened a few months ago. He has a little grandson.

That is awesome. Grandkids are the best. You make all the mistakes with your own, but you get it right with the grandkids.

• Like 2

"ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION. ATTENTION, ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION.........."

2112 Grand Finale with an epic drawn out ending based on that snare roll thing Neil does, where Ged & Al shred the crap out of the F#

or Tom Sawyer (please no..........)

Anything but The Garden

That would be a great choice. I love that song.

It would at least allow me to beat traffic.

Nah, because everyone else would be leaving too. It would be like Mass after communion.

• Like 2